BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Need Prayers  (Read 1003 times)

Offline cru9

• Nautical Wizard
  • Visitor
Re: Need Prayers
« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2017, 06:18:51 PM »
Good news. Sounds like he is moving in the correct direction.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bobby

Offline patman

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2017, 06:50:07 PM »
Fantastic news

Offline clark123456

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2017, 07:07:21 PM »
Great news.  I especially liked his bucket list item removal...too funny for such a serious situation, but funny stuff.
Clark
1998 TJ Sahara

Offline jc79

• Visitor
« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2017, 07:41:44 PM »
Good to hear, Doug. Amazing that his wife is able to keep her composure and even sense of humor through this. 

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Jared

2004 TJ Unlimited (LJ)

Offline DOUG

• Visitor
« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2017, 08:59:31 PM »
Good to hear, Doug. Amazing that his wife is able to keep her composure and even sense of humor through this. 

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Its his fiance, and I don't know her previously but i hear she is pretty incredible.

Annikas mother and father, Andrew, never married, but remain friends.  Its great that they all get along very well so no drama and all working for whatever is best for him.

I would like to know more from the neurologist as it seems the family isn't asking the high gain technical questions of him, at least that I've heard, but very little bleeding and little swelling are not typical for the severe brain trauma's I'm familiar with, but am certainly no neurologist. But i wonder exactly how his noggin is damaged and what has happened to his brain, and what the long term prognosis is.

Offline DOUG

• Visitor
« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2017, 09:38:11 PM »
Did he sustain any non-head injuries also?

Not that I'm aware of, he doesn't appear to have any.  I haven't been in, but Mad took some photos of his daughter with him for her and there is no evidence of anything else.  He's just resting with a ventilator.

Offline DOUG

• Visitor
« Reply #18 on: March 17, 2017, 01:10:36 PM »
Had not been much change, a few good signs Monday, set back Tuesday, rest day Wednesday and yesterday was AWESOME NEWS. I cannot imagine the feeling Annika must have but still a long road ahead.

From his Fiancé last night....
As of today, Thursday March 16th, 2017 Andrew made a huge jump and one we all have been anxiously waiting for. As quickly as these tragic situations can turn for the worse, they can turn for the better also. At 7:45 this morning we were saying our "good mornings" to Andrew and spoke with his Nurse for the day and his spoke with the Neurologist to get the game plan. Within in a matter of 30 minutes, he had successfully completed his 2 breathing tests, passed his blood work and they were going to try and remove his ventilation tube. We left the room, nervous, excited, frantic, not knowing if we we wanted to sit down, stand or jump up with joy. Before we even had time to let the nerves set in, 3 minutes later, his nurse steps out and says, "ok come on in, he's done".  Walking in that room and seeing him without all the tubes and the look of agitation in his face, our hearts melted.

He was able to recognize our voices and who we were for the most part throughout the day and that in itself is a blessing. The biggest blessing of all was when I asked Andrew how he knew Annika, he said "she's my daughter". Heather and I just smiled at each other with relief.

His throat is extremely sore of course and he struggles to talk, but he wants to and is trying. One of the 1st things he said was "toothbrush" and "water". Lol. I immediately thought to myself how many days has he been dying for a toothbrush and water :( The Nurse had noticed throughout the day, he is favoring his right side and not using his left side as much, so we are trying to focus his attention by standing on the left side when we go in to visit.

His memory is touch and go, mostly with dates and places. According to Andrew this morning he has been 24 yrs old and 35 yrs old and goes to the gym 3 x a week, so we will go with that for right now.

Throughout the day, he stayed awake alot more than we thought he would so hopefully he will sleep good tonight and get some good rest. The medical teamed mentioned tomorrow working on some physical therapy with his legs and attempting to get him to stand up/walk if he could. From this point, he has several small steps to take in order to be moved out of ICU. Swallowing, breathing, coughing, walking, using the bathroom on his own and continuing to follow commands are all crucial to moving forward.

Today has been a great day so far and we are very thankful for the not so little but HUGE victories he has made. This is going to be a slow recovery and full of baby steps of baby steps of baby steps....hence teaching all of us one of the main virtues of life, patience.

Thank you all again for your thoughts, prayers, messages, texts and overwhelming support. Keep the prayers coming.
#stronglikeandrew #hesmyfavorite
« Last Edit: March 17, 2017, 01:11:34 PM by Doug »

Offline clark123456

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #19 on: March 17, 2017, 02:50:13 PM »
The gym visit count seems inline with what I tell everyone...is it inline with his actual routine, or way under or way over
Clark
1998 TJ Sahara

Offline DOUG

• Visitor
« Reply #20 on: March 17, 2017, 03:38:44 PM »
The gym visit count seems inline with what I tell everyone...is it inline with his actual routine, or way under or way over
Never goes

Offline Blue J

• Visitor
« Reply #21 on: March 18, 2017, 10:21:06 PM »
Did he have a stroke? During all of this? or is it just trauma? Prayers and best wishes.
Jimbo
'13 True Blue JK

Offline tcdawg

• Anthony Smooth
  • GATR STAFF
« Reply #22 on: March 19, 2017, 08:40:50 AM »
Really good news !

Offline DOUG

• Visitor
« Reply #23 on: March 22, 2017, 06:33:32 AM »
Update

March 21, 2017: We were moved out of ICU yesterday to the Neurology Floor. Much bigger room and it has a window!!!! The sunlight does wonders for the soul. Last night we had some music therapy and a little bit on Dance Party USA.....Andrew of course sat this one out but tapped along a few times. He was started on a liquid diet yesterday and he couldn't say "Wow! That's awesome" enough. This morning, He is started out strong with eating scrambled eggs, grits, yogurt, 2 boxes of apple juice, a Powerade and 2 bottles of water. He was in heaven. He has been more tired in the morning and then staying awake later at night. Today he was awake this morning and been sleeping pretty much all day. 8-8:30 pm is his usual time to wake up and stay up till 1am or so. They took the staples out of his head today and I brushed his teeth :) All video recorded for later because you know he's gonna ask. Lol. Still hasn't been able to get up and walk but expecting PT will start tomorrow. We have a date of March 30th to go to the shepherd center but hopefully will sooner.  He answered the year he was born twice today and all the other times it was "2-14-99" which is Annika's birthday. ❤️ He is still super sweet and courteous has always. Thank you for the continued prayers! We love y'all!

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM