BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Need Prayers  (Read 1005 times)

Offline DOUG

• Visitor
Need Prayers
« on: March 10, 2017, 10:53:36 PM »
Need prayers tonight for Andrew Blanton, father of one of Madison's best friends and one of our adopted daughters. He drag races a comp rail car and high speed rolled and destroyed the car at commerce tonight.  He was not breathing on scene and has a traumatic brain injury.  He was lift flighted to Athens Regional where we are tonight and the prognosis is not good. Prayers for the family too please.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2017, 10:54:27 PM by Doug »

Offline Raisinhead

• Paco De Gallo
  • GATR STAFF
    • TJay Build Thread
Re: Need Prayers
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2017, 11:18:48 PM »
Prayers sent for Andrew and his family
Jay

Offline cru9

• Nautical Wizard
  • Visitor
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2017, 06:43:06 AM »
Prayers sent

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bobby

Offline clark123456

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2017, 06:56:04 AM »
Hoping for the best.  I couldn't find anything via news search on Google.
Clark
1998 TJ Sahara

Offline Cleveland99

• Visitor
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2017, 07:57:15 AM »
Prayers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline DOUG

• Visitor
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2017, 08:03:02 AM »
Anika is our sweet girl and her dad is her best friend. She was there with him at the track like she usually is and witnessed the accident. Somehow he was half out of the cage while it rolled.

From his fiance:
Thank you to everyone who has reached out with prayers, positive thoughts and encouragement. All I know is there is this man that I love with every ounce of my heart who needs all the prayers, good vibes and strength we can give him. We all know Andrew is amazing in every way and he is most definitely a fighter and someone who doesn't give up. He has suffered a severe brain injury and in a coma at the moment. The next few days will be crucial in determining the damage done to his brain. Pray for little to no swelling on his brain and for the strength to improve. Please pray for comfort, strength and peace for Annika during this time. And honey, if you didn't realize how many people cared about you and how much you've impacted their lives, you do now. We love you so much!!!

Offline jd30005

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2017, 08:04:09 AM »
Prayers sent.
John
Tube chassis/buggy

Offline DOUG

• Visitor
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2017, 08:06:18 AM »
Hoping for the best.  I couldn't find anything via news search on Google.
It was a pratice/ headsup/ pay to use the track night so their weren't a lot of people there.  No media. I haven't heard there was a video anywhere yet. The were some je ER ps racing and a GJ took this still after.

Offline tjsahara00

• GATR STAFF
  • Staying on the porch now days!
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2017, 05:58:59 PM »
Positive thoughts and prayers sent
Kevin Pool
2016 JKU Sport
2000 TJ Sahara (RIP)

Offline Blue J

• Visitor
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2017, 05:01:46 PM »
Positive thoughts and Prayers.
Jimbo
'13 True Blue JK

Offline DOUG

• Visitor
« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2017, 06:06:04 PM »
Saturday from family

Update on Andrew: He is being so strong and determined. As of right now, he has not had any swelling develop so They are going to monitoring the swelling for the next 48 hrs. If after 48 hrs, there isn't any swelling, and he successfully receives the nutrition, and all his vitals and temperature are good; they will gradually reduce the small amount of sedative they are administering. Right now, Andrew's is in a coma due to the brain injuries he's sustained during the crash. The sedative is there to simply help him relax because he is showing signs of being uncomfortable, stress and agitation. We will not know the severity of brain injury for a few days, maybe weeks or worst case scenario, months. My Dad has always told me, "Patience is virtue" and that is all I keep hearing in my head. Not gonna lie, my heart smiles with every squeeze to my hand when I say "I miss you" and the hope that his eyes will open or say, "Did u lock your car?" BUT today, tomorrow and most importantly our first goal is for him to get thru the next 48 crucial hours without any swelling, fever or infection. Then we will move to the next step, that is transitioning from him being in a relaxed state to slowly letting Andrews brain try and start to function on his own. He is my favorite, he is my ❤️, he is my person, he is the worlds greatest Dad to one brave special girl, he is the funny friend that constantly posts about moobs, butt cracks, and toilets. He is the most giving, selflessness and caring person I know...I am lucky to be able to love him. I can honestly say, our prayer group is strong and the support from everyone near and far is what has gotten. ALL of us through. Please keep it going...a simple 1 min prayer is so powerful. We love each and everyone of you for everything.

Offline DOUG

• Visitor
« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2017, 06:07:11 PM »
From family today

Update on Andrew: Good Morning. First of all THANK YOU to each and everyone of you for the love you have shown for Andrew, Annika, his family and myself. We are extremely blessed and humbled by the amount of prayers and thoughtful gestures our family and friends have shown us during this time.

Andrew continued to remain stable overnight, is breathing mostly on his own and was successfully able to receive some yummy steak and potatoes via a nutrition tube. His hydration level is good and coloring seems better, or atleast better than it did when we 1st got here. 

Andrew's had a pretty busy morning already. He went for CAT scan earlier. Good news is they do not see any swelling on the brain, only some bruising. The Neurologist wants to give him another 24 hrs as a precaution before they look at weening him off sedation consistently. So as of now, we give him rest and minimal interaction. The less stimulation, the better it is. The extent of brain injury is still unknown so this is our concern and where we need the prayers. The unknown is what is scary, but where we are also positive he will pull through.

He did receive a bath from 2 female nurses this morning so he can cross that off the bucket list.

Again, we appreciate all the prayers and comfort from near and far. We are asking today for limited visitors to give him time to rest. The family welcomes your support and understanding. Love all of you!

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM