OTHER INTERESTS > Getting in shape

Getting in shape 2017 / 2018

<< < (2/58) > >>

tcdawg:
Well done Kevin!! 

Kent, the journal will be a big help to you for sure.  Being honest and actually writing down what you eat throughout the day is really key to making the lifestyle change.  You can do it!

BigMike:
Nice work Kevin!  Keep it going, you look great.

I workout 4 to 5, sometimes 6 days a week.  45 minutes of strength training and 20-30 minutes of cardio.  The key to being at a healthy weight is what you do the other 23 hours a day and that is eating healthy.  I've been carrying an extra 10 to 15 lbs for a couple of years because I didn't want to buckle down on eating right. (it would probably be 25 to 30 if I didn't workout) I can carry extra weight (fat) without looking too bad due to my muscle mass.  I know how to eat healthy and it all comes down to discipline.  If you don't have it, you won't lose or maintain a healthy weight.

For those that want to find a plan that works where you don't have to buy prepared food, count points, count calories, and truly learn to eat healthy, buy a book called the Zero Belly Diet for $15 on Amazon.  It was written by the editor in chief of Men's Health.  It's a quick read and it teaches you what causes visceral fat (belly fat) and how to stop it and get rid of it.  The first third of the book is what causes belly fat; the second third is what to eat; the third third is a workout which is optional.  The key to the workout is get your heart rate up for 30 minutes a day.  It really needs to become a lifestyle.  I've dropped 8lbs over the past 6 weeks and that includes a week at Daytona Bike Week drinking quite a bit.  My wife and I both are back to eating healthy and hope to continue.  Once you get to your desired weight, you can loosen it up some but you still need to maintain healthy habits.  I plan to be down 15lbs before going to Playa del Carmen on May 7th. 

patman:
Awesome job guys. The diet is definitely the hardest part

tjsahara00:
It's not a diet....it's a life style change.
Ha they ought to pay me for saying that.   //;D//

kent10sne1:

--- Quote from: tjsahara00 on March 31, 2017, 09:10:49 AM ---It's not a diet....it's a life style change.
Ha they ought to pay me for saying that.   //;D//

--- End quote ---

thats the hard part kevin.   "Life style"  you seem to have mastered it.   I know im still struggling , so many temptations..

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version