BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Tire carrier latch  (Read 2011 times)

Offline Will

• Visitor
Tire carrier latch
« on: May 29, 2008, 03:18:57 PM »
What's up guys and gals? I'll be sand blasting my tire carrier today cause I smacked it a few too many times this past season  ;D  and then she'll be getting fresh paint. Where can I gte one of those nice big latches that are so easy to use? Something with a single-pull handle and maybe a locking pin or something.

Thanks!
Will and Amber

White JL Rubicon

Offline Krawler00

• absent
  • C.O.R.E MEMBER
  • Psalm 40:2
Re: Tire carrier latch
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2008, 03:50:45 PM »
Dude... GOOGLE. ;)
I've grown tired of this.

Offline Will

• Visitor
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2008, 05:54:47 PM »
Dude... GOOGLE. ;)

I'd like to have it by tomorrow. So I meant around town somewhere. Sorry that I didn't specify.
Will and Amber

White JL Rubicon

Offline Krawler00

• absent
  • C.O.R.E MEMBER
  • Psalm 40:2
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2008, 10:01:45 PM »
GOOD LUCK WITH THAT ONE. I would call up Oconee, CCOR 4wd parts? Good start anyway.
I've grown tired of this.

Offline DOUG

• Visitor
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2008, 10:13:47 PM »
Where can I gte one of those nice big latches that are so easy to use? Something with a single-pull handle and maybe a locking pin or something.

Thanks!

Grainger has a lot of latches that wil work in the catalog.  Not sure what's in the ATL warehouse.  Go to a counter, or on line.  Also try MSC (Manhattan Supply CO) and McMaster Carr.

Offline Will

• Visitor
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2008, 10:15:04 PM »
GOOD LUCK WITH THAT ONE. I would call up Oconee, CCOR 4wd parts? Good start anyway.

Yeah I've come to grips with that.  :D No biggy I guess. I gotta blast it tomorrow cause we gotta send back our portable compressor. I'll spray some primer on her and let her sit until I get a latch to weld on there. Thanks tho!  ;)
Will and Amber

White JL Rubicon

Offline Will

• Visitor
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2008, 10:16:53 PM »
Where can I gte one of those nice big latches that are so easy to use? Something with a single-pull handle and maybe a locking pin or something.

Thanks!

Grainger has a lot of latches that wil work in the catalog.  Not sure what's in the ATL warehouse.  Go to a counter, or on line.  Also try MSC (Manhattan Supply CO) and McMaster Carr.

Hey, thanks Doug. McMaster Carr! That's the place I've been looking for. I've ordered some shaft collars from them before and I've been trying to remember the name.

I want a latch just like the one on your Fab Fours. I like that thing a lot. It's a little complex, but she looks like she will hold. Does that latch rattle at all?
Will and Amber

White JL Rubicon

Offline Ben H.

• Visitor
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2008, 10:20:53 PM »
I wonder if Summit would have any? I know you might not be able to go the warehouse but they can usually get it too you in a day.
1993 Jeep Grand Wagoneer ZJ V8

Offline DOUG

• Visitor
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2008, 10:31:47 PM »

I want a latch just like the one on your Fab Fours. I like that thing a lot. It's a little complex, but she looks like she will hold. Does that latch rattle at all?
A little cumbersome, but NO RATTLES.  Closes very tight.  Only possible rattles are from the Hi-Lift, and I handled that as well.

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM