BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: 8.8 with 3.73s  (Read 3036 times)

Offline Will

• Visitor
Re: 8.8 with 3.73s
« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2008, 09:56:06 PM »
What are the wires going into the differential on the top/back of the housing? It came out of a 2001 Mountaineer.

I believe that is for the ABS.  You wont need it.  Just unplug the plug and leave the one part in the diff.

Cool, sounds good. I got excited thinking it might have an electric locker  :P  I know that a few explorers go them. It's definitely got the limited slip cause both axle turned forward when turning the driveshaft yoke. I haven't looked inside it yet though. That will come in the morning as well as picks of everything. Well everything is falling into place. I'm gonna cut that truss for the dana 44 a little and just weld it on, and I'm gonna make the spring perches, shock and lower control arm mounts out of 3/16"s. Any problem with going ahead and welding the tubes to the pumpkin? Thanks to everybody for hooking  me up with parts!

Pics in the morning!  ;)
Will and Amber

White JL Rubicon

Chris Hyde

« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2008, 10:09:53 PM »
Before you weld the tubes to the center section, pull the carrier, shafts, etc so the heat doesnt kill the bearings and seals.  Also, spot weld it back and forth from one side to the other with cool down periods before your final lap weld to reduce the chances of warping.  Tig it if you can.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2008, 10:11:55 PM by Chris »

Offline Will

• Visitor
« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2008, 12:22:24 AM »
Before you weld the tubes to the center section, pull the carrier, shafts, etc so the heat doesnt kill the bearings and seals.  Also, spot weld it back and forth from one side to the other with cool down periods before your final lap weld to reduce the chances of warping.  Tig it if you can.

Preciate the tips. My boss is certified, I'm gonna make him do that. I'd burn it all up.  :D I'll just tack the brackets on too and let him finish 'em up.
Will and Amber

White JL Rubicon

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM