BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: more Re-gearing discussion please  (Read 3394 times)

Online Anvilsam

• Rowdy
  • Visitor
Re: more Re-gearing discussion please
« Reply #60 on: August 25, 2017, 01:44:59 PM »
Going 60's is not in the cards. Not now, or ever. Its not in the plan. 60's means more changes and a trailer. Its not the end game I am after.

Suggesting 60's in the front is fine when its not your cheddar. @Doug I am sure you have not built your last jeep. Perhaps next time Madison will let you keep it.  //::)//

This Dynatrac d44 set up is
The Trail Leader Axle Package includes an assembled ProRock 44 Unlimited front axle with 1/2-inch thick axle tube walls complete with Dynatrac HD Rebuildable Balljoints, Dynatrac Pro Series diff cover and ARB air Locker.

The package also includes the following to upgrade your factory Dana 44: Dynatrac JK44 Axleshaft Upgrade kit, 35-spline ARB Air Locker, Dynatrac Pro Series diff cover, ring-and-pinion gear set and a set-up kit.

So its the Front Axle and the rear inners. I will need to add the compressor, front upper control arms, flip kit, and bumpstop

Solid plan for what you're after. Will handle 37s with zero problem if you decide to go up in tire size
I agree 100%. A 4 door with lockers on 37s is very capable

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline BigMike

• Visitor
« Reply #61 on: August 25, 2017, 01:53:00 PM »
Going 60's is not in the cards. Not now, or ever. Its not in the plan. 60's means more changes and a trailer. Its not the end game I am after.

Suggesting 60's in the front is fine when its not your cheddar. @Doug I am sure you have not built your last jeep. Perhaps next time Madison will let you keep it.  //::)//

The Trail Leader Axle Package™ includes an assembled ProRock 44™ Unlimited front axle with 1/2-inch thick axle tube walls complete with Dynatrac HD Rebuildable Balljoints, Dynatrac Pro Series diff cover and ARB air Locker.

The package also includes the following to upgrade your factory Dana 44: Dynatrac JK44 Axleshaft Upgrade kit, 35-spline ARB Air Locker, Dynatrac Pro Series diff cover, ring-and-pinion gear set and a set-up kit.

So its the Front Axle and the rear inners. I will need to add the compressor, front upper control arms, flip kit, and bumpstop

Don't forget drag link and tie rod. 

Have you thought about a take off Rubicon front D44 and Artec truss kit plus Synergy HD ball joints?

Offline Blue J

• Visitor
« Reply #62 on: August 25, 2017, 02:22:47 PM »

The Trail Leader Axle Package™ includes an assembled ProRock 44™ Unlimited front axle with 1/2-inch thick axle tube walls complete with Dynatrac HD Rebuildable Balljoints, Dynatrac Pro Series diff cover and ARB air Locker.

Don't forget drag link and tie rod. 

Have you thought about a take off Rubicon front D44 and Artec truss kit plus Synergy HD ball joints?

I have a Synergy Drag Link and a Rock Krawler Pro Tie Rod.

Are you selling your Rubicon d44? I tend to not buy used. I'f I buy it new and tear it up myself I know what I have done to it.
Jimbo
'13 True Blue JK

Offline Big Dave

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #63 on: August 25, 2017, 02:41:19 PM »
2 AXLES!   

Fusion D60/44 Hybrid and Semi-Float D60 Rear Package

https://www.fusion4x4.com/online-store/Fusion-D60-44-Hybrid-and-Semi-Float-D60-Rear-Package-p87985278

$8 200.00

Part NumberFUS-D60FRHSF

We decided to put together the ultimate package! The strongest front and rear axles in their class combined with the strongest tie rod in its class. Doesn't get any better than that!!

Includes all of the Following:

Fusion D60/44 Hybrid Front Axle:
- Complete Assembly
- Gears, and setup included, choice or traction device
- RCV Axle Shafts
- Spicer Ball Joints, installed (upgrade options available)
- Axles set for additional 3 degrees of caster; no charge for custom pinion angle

Fusion Dana 60 Semi-Float Rear Axle:
- Complete Assembly
- Gears, and setup included, choice or traction device
- 35 Spline Chromoly Axle Shafts

Fusion 4x4 2.5 Ton Tie Rod:
- Includes our new and stronger heat treated tie rod ends (yep, we made the strongest even stronger!)

And thats just a small taste, once u do the above, it gets worse and more $$$  remember that.. 
I forgot hydro assist steering. $1k??

Offline DOUG

• Visitor
« Reply #64 on: August 25, 2017, 02:47:35 PM »

I want to make sure you now what you're not getting, and you are absolutely correct, your chichang, your decision, we all support you whatever that is.  I am only suggesting 1 - 60.... now, or the 44/60 combo that is a steal in comparison to the Pro-Rock setup. 
« Last Edit: August 25, 2017, 02:52:00 PM by Doug »

Offline BigMike

• Visitor
« Reply #65 on: August 25, 2017, 04:30:37 PM »
My road to 37s.
Artec both axles
Fenders, sliders, rocker armor (optional)
Regear to 4.88
Beadlocks
Tires

Still need:
Hydro assist
Reid Knuckles
RCV'S shafts
Cage

Offline Blue J

• Visitor
« Reply #66 on: August 25, 2017, 04:47:15 PM »

I want to make sure you now what you're not getting, and you are absolutely correct, your chichang, your decision, we all support you whatever that is.  I am only suggesting 1 - 60.... now, or the 44/60 combo that is a steal in comparison to the Pro-Rock setup. 

I agree the Fusion 44/60 combo is a good deal but it will take another $4-5k  in Steering Assist/Brakes/Upper CA's (Plus whatever else goes wrong during the install, I hear those Fusion Axle installs are easy) and Labor, to make it work. And then a tow piggy and a trailer. 
Jimbo
'13 True Blue JK

Offline Chris36l

• Visitor
« Reply #67 on: August 25, 2017, 05:10:46 PM »
The Trail Leader Axle Package includes an assembled ProRock 44 Unlimited front axle with 1/2-inch thick axle tube walls complete with Dynatrac HD Rebuildable Balljoints, Dynatrac Pro Series diff cover and ARB air Locker.

I agree the Fusion 44/60 combo is a good deal but it will take another $4-5k  in Steering Assist/Brakes/Upper CA's (Plus whatever else goes wrong during the install, I hear those Fusion Axle installs are easy) and Labor, to make it work. And then a tow piggy and a trailer.
Is daily driving a 60 not an option?

Offline Jango

• Visitor
« Reply #68 on: August 25, 2017, 05:22:50 PM »
Solid choice. What shafts did you end up with?

I love my pro rock. Its a pretty penny up front but you are also buying unbeatable customer service with dynatrac, arb, and I'm guessing Yukon gears?

I strongly advise you spend the 40 something dollars on gear warranty. Its lifetime warranty on the gears. (Yukon offers this)

You won't be worrying about the front housing any longer.

I did not do the drag link flip nor buy upper control arms. Not sure if you stated that you HAD to buy them or just wanted to.

Cheers!
-Connor (Jango... the D is silent and invisible)

Offline clark123456

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #69 on: August 25, 2017, 05:42:23 PM »

It's an option, but to wheel them you need 40s, which means:  two sets of tires, huge street tires, or dragging diff over every pebble on a trail.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Clark
1998 TJ Sahara

Offline Chris36l

• Visitor
« Reply #70 on: August 25, 2017, 06:04:59 PM »

It's an option, but to wheel them you need 40s, which means:  two sets of tires, huge street tires, or dragging diff over every pebble on a trail.

Ok. That settles it, probably gonna stick with 44's and 37's. Atleast for the foreseeable future. I really had no intentions of going to a 40"tire

Online Anvilsam

• Rowdy
  • Visitor
« Reply #71 on: August 25, 2017, 06:12:17 PM »

Ok. That settles it, probably gonna stick with 44's and 37's. Atleast for the foreseeable future. I really had no intentions of going to a 40"tire

Neither did I

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM