BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: more Re-gearing discussion please  (Read 3421 times)

Offline clark123456

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
Re: more Re-gearing discussion please
« Reply #72 on: August 25, 2017, 06:15:00 PM »
Going 60's is not in the cards. Not now, or ever. Its not in the plan. 60's means more changes and a trailer. Its not the end game I am after.
This Dynatrac d44 set up is
The Trail Leader Axle Package includes an assembled ProRock 44 Unlimited front axle with 1/2-inch thick axle tube walls complete with Dynatrac HD Rebuildable Balljoints, Dynatrac Pro Series diff cover and ARB air Locker.
The package also includes the following to upgrade your factory Dana 44: Dynatrac JK44 Axleshaft Upgrade kit, 35-spline ARB Air Locker, Dynatrac Pro Series diff cover, ring-and-pinion gear set and a set-up kit.
So its the Front Axle and the rear inners. I will need to add the compressor, front upper control arms, flip kit, and bumpstop

I want to make sure you now what you're not getting, and you are absolutely correct, your chichang, your decision, we all support you whatever that is.  I am only suggesting 1 - 60.... now, or the 44/60 combo that is a steal in comparison to the Pro-Rock setup. 

I agree the Fusion 44/60 combo is a good deal but it will take another $4-5k  in Steering Assist/Brakes/Upper CA's (Plus whatever else goes wrong during the install, I hear those Fusion Axle installs are easy) and Labor, to make it work. And then a tow piggy and a trailer.
Is daily driving a 60 not an option?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It's an option, but to wheel them you need 40s, which means:  two sets of tires, huge street tires, or dragging diff over every pebble on a trail.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Ok. That settles it, probably gonna stick with 44's and 37's. Atleast for the foreseeable future. I really had no intentions of going to a 40"tire

Neither did I

The irony here is that Puddin has taller street tires than off-road tires...he's not normal!  Of course, there is the whole "best sticky tires in the world" thing he has going for him when off-road!

Clark
1998 TJ Sahara

Online Anvilsam

• Rowdy
  • Visitor
« Reply #73 on: August 25, 2017, 06:23:40 PM »
Going 60's is not in the cards. Not now, or ever. Its not in the plan. 60's means more changes and a trailer. Its not the end game I am after.
The Trail Leader Axle Package includes an assembled ProRock 44 Unlimited front axle with 1/2-inch thick axle tube walls complete with Dynatrac HD Rebuildable Balljoints, Dynatrac Pro Series diff cover and ARB air Locker.
The package also includes the following to upgrade your factory Dana 44: Dynatrac JK44 Axleshaft Upgrade kit, 35-spline ARB Air Locker, Dynatrac Pro Series diff cover, ring-and-pinion gear set and a set-up kit.
So its the Front Axle and the rear inners. I will need to add the compressor, front upper control arms, flip kit, and bumpstop

I want to make sure you now what you're not getting, and you are absolutely correct, your chichang, your decision, we all support you whatever that is.  I am only suggesting 1 - 60.... now, or the 44/60 combo that is a steal in comparison to the Pro-Rock setup. 

I agree the Fusion 44/60 combo is a good deal but it will take another $4-5k  in Steering Assist/Brakes/Upper CA's (Plus whatever else goes wrong during the install, I hear those Fusion Axle installs are easy) and Labor, to make it work. And then a tow piggy and a trailer.

It's an option, but to wheel them you need 40s, which means:  two sets of tires, huge street tires, or dragging diff over every pebble on a trail.

Ok. That settles it, probably gonna stick with 44's and 37's. Atleast for the foreseeable future. I really had no intentions of going to a 40"tire

Neither did I

The irony here is that Puddin has taller street tires than off-road tires...he's not normal!  Of course, there is the whole "best sticky tires in the world" thing he has going for him when off-road!

The real irony is I've never had all these hitting every little pebble offroad issues that you speak of. Is it luck or plain ole driving skill? I'm guessing the latter.

Offline clark123456

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #74 on: August 25, 2017, 06:26:47 PM »

Neither did I

The real irony is I've never had all these hitting every little pebble offroad issues that you speak of. Is it luck or plain ole driving skill? I'm guessing the latter.

Likely the latter.  I'd like to get a look at the unmarked chunks on your rig.

Clark
1998 TJ Sahara

Online Anvilsam

• Rowdy
  • Visitor
« Reply #75 on: August 25, 2017, 06:29:55 PM »

Neither did I

Green trails Clark. No marks. All kidding aside I did notice in the creek bed you had a much easier time in that one spot than tony and I. Bfg needs to make a 42" red in 17" rim size.

Offline clark123456

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #76 on: August 25, 2017, 06:30:53 PM »

Neither did I

Green trails Clark. No marks. All kidding aside I did notice in the creek bed you had a much easier time in that one spot than tony and I. Bfg needs to make a 42" red in 17" rim size.

That would be pretty awesome.

Clark
1998 TJ Sahara

Offline BigMike

• Visitor
« Reply #77 on: August 25, 2017, 06:36:08 PM »

Neither did I

Well, he does have a REAL Jeep.

Online Anvilsam

• Rowdy
  • Visitor
« Reply #78 on: August 25, 2017, 06:45:30 PM »

Neither did I

Well, he does have a REAL Jeep.

Yea real dirty

Online patman

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #79 on: August 25, 2017, 09:14:57 PM »
Is it luck or plain ole driving skill? I'm guessing the latter.

Plain? That shit's vanilla

Bite the bullet and go 20s with the big reds. Your 39/17 setup should be easy to sell
« Last Edit: August 25, 2017, 09:16:23 PM by patman »

Online Anvilsam

• Rowdy
  • Visitor
« Reply #80 on: August 25, 2017, 09:19:20 PM »
Is it luck or plain ole driving skill? I'm guessing the latter.

Plain? That shit's vanilla

Bite the bullet and go 20s with the big reds. Your 39/17 setup should be easy to sell
Everybody except Tripp says they just aren't the same. Bfg claims exact same compound but that doesn't align w the reviews.

Offline DOUG

• Visitor
« Reply #81 on: August 25, 2017, 09:52:11 PM »

Lol yep the sterling is abiatttch
But this is an easy clearance 60

Offline DOUG

• Visitor
« Reply #82 on: August 25, 2017, 10:06:43 PM »
@blue j

From Dan owner at Fusion4x4

The Hybrid front and semifloat rear are bolt in ready, except for the parts that need to be transferred from the stock axles. 

On the rear the cast brake caliper hangers get transferred over and rotors.. 

On the front, knuckles, unit bearings, and brake parts. 

Some people opt to upgrade the knuckles at that point.  Ball joints are part of the options.  I don't think we've sold one without ball joints.  We pay less and install for free.     

Beyond that he will need driveshafts or if he has aftermarket they might need shortening.

Choice or 1310 or 1350 pinion yokes. 

Our website highlights a lot of the features as well if he hasn't checked that out.   

With new ball joints, RCVs, move over other parts.  $8200 total. 

And you can sell your axles as is.  They have value!

« Last Edit: August 25, 2017, 10:07:56 PM by Doug »

Offline jc79

• Visitor
« Reply #83 on: August 25, 2017, 10:52:24 PM »
Extra $2k for 44/60 combo with RCV up front would be hard to pass up for me personally. Even if there was minor pain that needed labor to address.

Jared

2004 TJ Unlimited (LJ)

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM