BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: #Whatever  (Read 30274 times)

Offline j3ff3ry_j33p

• Visitor
Re: #Whatever
« Reply #312 on: November 08, 2019, 01:26:04 PM »
IDK if I buy the story but , supposedly this was the outcome of a paint truck overturning
Jeffery
ºlllllllº '11 JKUs
▀lllllll▀ '95 XJ

Offline Big Dave

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #313 on: November 08, 2019, 03:04:15 PM »
Hell of a "money shot".  Hope it's on film.

Offline Will

• Visitor
« Reply #314 on: November 08, 2019, 04:44:55 PM »
Bet he’s glad the top was on  ;)
Will and Amber

White JL Rubicon

Offline Danny Kinder

• Danny Kinder
  • ADMINISTRATOR
    • Allsouth Autosports
« Reply #315 on: November 08, 2019, 05:09:37 PM »
I wonder what his insurance valued that at. They'd have to replace everything that's not metal (bumpers, skids, flares, top, tires, door handles, window surrounds, etc.)
Danny Kinder
HEISENBERG BUILD

Offline BigPrince

• Visitor
« Reply #316 on: November 08, 2019, 05:12:53 PM »
Concrete paint supposedly. Buddy that works at SherwinWilliams said it wouldn’t bond well and could be pressure washed off the waxed and glass surfaces. The rest would come off eventually.

Offline j3ff3ry_j33p

• Visitor
« Reply #317 on: November 08, 2019, 05:30:11 PM »
"eventually", heh

that crap will be in every nook and cranny until that Jeep rusts-away , however long that takes

I can't believe how  on target the spill  was. ( Probably a good director...) ;)
Jeffery
ºlllllllº '11 JKUs
▀lllllll▀ '95 XJ

Offline Danny Kinder

• Danny Kinder
  • ADMINISTRATOR
    • Allsouth Autosports
« Reply #318 on: November 11, 2019, 01:29:53 PM »
Yokohama's trying to pull a "Maxxis". lmao They got sued (and lost) several years ago for copying the Mickey Thompson Baja Claw to a T with the Mudzilla.

Yokohama sent me an updated price sheet this morning and I swear it looks like a Goodyear Duratrac, Cooper STT Pro, and KM2. Glad to see so much competition in the tire market though. That only makes better tires in the end.
Danny Kinder
HEISENBERG BUILD

Offline j3ff3ry_j33p

• Visitor
« Reply #319 on: November 11, 2019, 02:38:53 PM »
Yokohama's trying to pull a "Maxxis". lmao They got sued (and lost) several years ago for copying the Mickey Thompson Baja Claw to a T with the Mudzilla.

Yokohama sent me an updated price sheet this morning and I swear it looks like a Goodyear Duratrac, Cooper STT Pro, and KM2. Glad to see so much competition in the tire market though. That only makes better tires in the end.

I hadn't heard that litigation info about Yokohama.
I woulda thought Cooper suing Yokohama would have been much bigger news than the silence of such a lawsuit. wierd.

regarding the current yokos , I won't probably ever convince anybody it seems , but that tire in the middle - the G003 Geolander - is what I'm in 2nd year of and I love them.
 There's another Jeep in the club that's just breaking in a set of the Xtreme MTs  I cant really speak to high road mileage (having no more than maybe 3000 on asphalt on my set) I wouldn't want to DD such great tread 'til its rubbed flat all over I-24 , personally. However, they are a radial.
Important to me , they drive great at 28psi to local parks like Wooly's or AOP and crawl like they are part flypaper down at 8psi.
it's sidewalls are thicker in critical areas  + the deep sidewall lugs provide crazy hang points.
before my final deci$ion on which new tires were for me ,  I watched & talked on social media w/ Tony Pellegrino's son, JP , who ran the comp compound G003s for all of the 2018 season. He finished the whole KoH race on a single set of Yokohama G003s.  The post race photos are crazy ...just my .02 cents

« Last Edit: November 11, 2019, 02:45:13 PM by j3ff3ry_j33p »
Jeffery
ºlllllllº '11 JKUs
▀lllllll▀ '95 XJ

Offline Will

• Visitor
« Reply #320 on: November 11, 2019, 03:01:12 PM »

Since I first saw Yokohama's new MT I thought it looked exactly like Toyo's Open Country MT.

Since I first saw Yokohama's new MT I thought it looked exactly like Toyo's Open Country MT.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2019, 03:01:48 PM by Will »
Will and Amber

White JL Rubicon

Offline clark123456

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #321 on: November 11, 2019, 03:12:42 PM »

Hopefully they get a true size, which would obviously not be a direct copy of BGF!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Clark
1998 TJ Sahara

Offline Danny Kinder

• Danny Kinder
  • ADMINISTRATOR
    • Allsouth Autosports
« Reply #322 on: November 11, 2019, 03:51:31 PM »
Yokohama's trying to pull a "Maxxis".

I hadn't heard that litigation info about Yokohama.

Maxxis copied Mickey Thompson, not Yokohama.

Hopefully they get a true size, which would obviously not be a direct copy of BGF!

Great point my friend
« Last Edit: November 11, 2019, 03:52:59 PM by Danny Kinder »
Danny Kinder
HEISENBERG BUILD

Offline Big Dave

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #323 on: November 11, 2019, 04:25:13 PM »

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

BFG is getting better. The KM3 35 measures 34.5.... well, almost 

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM