BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: #Whatever  (Read 29896 times)

Offline clark123456

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
Re: #Whatever
« Reply #444 on: August 14, 2020, 08:44:17 AM »
Yeah and the property tax likes going up every freakin year
Yeah...gotta pay for schools and roads.  Your school portion should be going away soon...aren't you near retirement age?

I meant to tell you how admirable it is that you got your house paid for so quickly.  Many people will have a rent or mortgage payment most of their lives.  My mom wouldn't pay off her house, and has basically made some sort of payment for 50+ years...insanity!  She wanted to keep her taxes low, but never understood she was giving more money to the banks.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Clark
1998 TJ Sahara

Offline tcdawg

• Anthony Smooth
  • GATR STAFF

Offline TravisMac

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #446 on: August 14, 2020, 08:57:14 AM »
@TravisMac

looking sharp
https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/500-Jones-Rd-Roswell-GA-30075/14663502_zpid/
Yeah we were worried it would be a little too small and modest

That is a good looking house though, we saw it when we were driving around. Big number though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Travis Macdonald
Crossthreading is nature's locktite

Offline 8lugLJ

• Visitor
  • Dont go away mad, just go away.
« Reply #447 on: August 14, 2020, 09:24:34 AM »
Took some work, but the sellers finally accepted our offer on a house in Roswell! About a mile and a half from rockin taco and that area, 3 car garage, and this bitchin back yard!

3 car garage.

Sonofabitch
And a big workshop in the basement with a 220

Grats tmac. now make sure the mower has ample cupholders.
"The ones that matter dont mind and the ones that mind dont matter" -- Dr Seuss

"He's a man with an LJ. And thats all that really matters." -- JC79

Offline BigMike

• Visitor
« Reply #448 on: August 14, 2020, 09:34:10 AM »
Took some work, but the sellers finally accepted our offer on a house in Roswell! About a mile and a half from rockin taco and that area, 3 car garage, and this bitchin back yard!

3 car garage.

Sonofabitch

Welcome to the neighborhood!  I'm a mile from Canton St. near the square.  That house must be down the Magnolia St. area.  Congrats!

Offline tjsahara00

• GATR STAFF
  • Staying on the porch now days!
« Reply #449 on: August 14, 2020, 09:46:59 AM »
Yeah and the property tax likes going up every freakin year
Yeah...gotta pay for schools and roads.  Your school portion should be going away soon...aren't you near retirement age?

I meant to tell you how admirable it is that you got your house paid for so quickly.  Many people will have a rent or mortgage payment most of their lives.  My mom wouldn't pay off her house, and has basically made some sort of payment for 50+ years...insanity!  She wanted to keep her taxes low, but never understood she was giving more money to the banks.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

We bought a new trailer (12'x58') and lived in for 9 years
We built a 3 bedroom Ranch style house about 30 yards below
the trailer with full basement with poured walls. The basement
was framed out but not finished. 1606 sq ft both levels and a
double garage for $68k and put $30k down on it. 11 years was
the lowest they would go on a mortgage.
Kevin Pool
2016 JKU Sport
2000 TJ Sahara (RIP)

Offline TravisMac

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #450 on: August 14, 2020, 01:19:42 PM »

3 car garage.

Sonofabitch

Welcome to the neighborhood!  I'm a mile from Canton St. near the square.  That house must be down the Magnolia St. area.  Congrats!
Thanks! Pops actually was really close on the location - its towards the Home Depot on 92
Travis Macdonald

Offline Scott F.

• Visitor
« Reply #451 on: August 14, 2020, 03:08:02 PM »
Congrats @TravisMac thats a great area and going OTP Atlanta is the only way to live IMO. 

Offline TravisMac

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #452 on: August 14, 2020, 03:13:21 PM »
Congrats @TravisMac thats a great area and going OTP Atlanta is the only way to live IMO.
Ill miss ITP, but we don’t really do much anymore ITP except maybe an ATL United or Ga Tech game a couple of times a year. I’m tired of getting blasted with these ridiculous utility bills and property taxes from City of Atlanta (tax was up to 9k a year before I finally won an appeal and water is usually about $100 a month). Now that we’ve got to start thinking about elementary school in a few years I wanted Harper to finish out daycare/pre-k with kids she’ll be in school with

Travis Macdonald

Offline clark123456

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #453 on: August 14, 2020, 04:16:15 PM »
Ill miss ITP, but we don’t really do much anymore ITP except maybe an ATL United or Ga Tech game a couple of times a year. I’m tired of getting blasted with these ridiculous utility bills and property taxes from City of Atlanta (tax was up to 9k a year before I finally won an appeal and water is usually about $100 a month). Now that we’ve got to start thinking about elementary school in a few years I wanted Harper to finish out daycare/pre-k with kids she’ll be in school with

Very right-wing of you...and it makes complete sense.  Damn, $100/mo seems steep, even if you had sewer with them.  Did you pay county tax in addition to the ~$9K for city tax?
Clark
1998 TJ Sahara

Offline TravisMac

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #454 on: August 14, 2020, 08:22:21 PM »

Very right-wing of you...and it makes complete sense.  Damn, $100/mo seems steep, even if you had sewer with them.  Did you pay county tax in addition to the ~$9K for city tax?
No- that’s county and city.

Property taxation is theft. I already pay income tax on the money I use to pay my property tax.
Travis Macdonald

Offline tcdawg

• Anthony Smooth
  • GATR STAFF
« Reply #455 on: August 14, 2020, 08:57:05 PM »

No- that’s county and city.

Property taxation is theft. I already pay income tax on the money I use to pay my property tax.
Property taxes are deductible.

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM