OTHER INTERESTS > Grillin' & Chillin'

Kamodo Joe

<< < (3/4) > >>

BigMike:

--- Quote from: clark123456 on June 17, 2018, 04:32:17 PM ---
--- Quote from: BigPrince on June 17, 2018, 03:55:23 PM ---
--- Quote from: BigMike on June 17, 2018, 10:51:46 AM ---KJ probably saw what they did with BGE and gave them a better deal.

--- End quote ---

Very short sighted to me.  I think they will lose a ton of business.  BGE artificially keeps competition down whereas I can probably get a better KJ deal at Costco.

--- End quote ---
Is the KJ vs BGE thing like Islam vs Judism?  It seems that way, but I just don't know.

--- End quote ---

More like Dino vs. Syn

BigPrince:

--- Quote from: Trailabite on June 16, 2018, 07:32:11 PM ---I wanted to buy one of those BGE but, since its not American made I didn't get one.

--- End quote ---

Neither KJ or BGE are made in the US.  BGE is made in Mexico though and I'd rather have that than China.  Primo is US made.

BGE is like Jeep.  Its the standard and everyone makes stuff for it.  KJ classic can take some of the same stuff but it's kinda like an FJ.  Primo is like a Toyota.  Very little of the BGE stuff is going to cross over to work on Primos.

Interesting that all 3 are headquartered near Atlanta.  BGE & Primo in Tucker.  KJ in Duluth.

--- Quote from: BigMike on June 17, 2018, 04:48:45 PM ---More like Dino vs. Syn

--- End quote ---

The author of that video does not sell BGE but does sell KJ and Primo.  Not saying it's wrong... just saying it may be pointing out what they want.  I like the KJ but BGE is the standard.

Will:
I have always enjoyed eating food off of other people’s smokers but I honestly probably never would have bought a kamado-style smoker like a BGE or Kamado Joe with my own money. They were just too expensive for me to even consider it.
So the next best thing happened and I won a Kamado Joe Jr by having longest drive at a charity golf event. It’s a smaller grill, I think the cooking surface is 16 or 18”, but enough to get a full butt or a couple racks of ribs on. Now that I have had one for over a year I understand the hype. My brother-in-law has been talking about buying a BGE for years and when he saw mine he ended up buying a Kamado Joe. In my opinion they are comparble in almost every feature and you can usually end up getting a better deal on the KJs because they come with a lot of the accessories (stand, hand tools, etc.) our of the box that BGE charges big money for after you purchase the grill. I agree the BGE is definitely the standard and I still end up calling mine an “egg” a lot of times. All I’m sayin’ is if you’re considering a BGE purchase I would definitely recommend looking into KJ as well. I have been very happy with mine. 

tcdawg:

--- Quote from: Will on August 02, 2018, 09:16:15 AM ---I have always enjoyed eating food off of other people’s smokers but I honestly probably never would have bought a kamado-style smoker like a BGE or Kamado Joe with my own money. They were just too expensive for me to even consider it.
So the next best thing happened and I won a Kamado Joe Jr by having longest drive at a charity golf event. It’s a smaller grill, I think the cooking surface is 16 or 18”, but enough to get a full butt or a couple racks of ribs on. Now that I have had one for over a year I understand the hype. My brother-in-law has been talking about buying a BGE for years and when he saw mine he ended up buying a Kamado Joe. In my opinion they are comparble in almost every feature and you can usually end up getting a better deal on the KJs because they come with a lot of the accessories (stand, hand tools, etc.) our of the box that BGE charges big money for after you purchase the grill. I agree the BGE is definitely the standard and I still end up calling mine an “egg” a lot of times. All I’m sayin’ is if you’re considering a BGE purchase I would definitely recommend looking into KJ as well. I have been very happy with mine. 

--- End quote ---

Nice pic...you are definitely doing it right!!

I have a BGE, and love it.  But the Kamado's have a lot of good features and are probably a better value now than the egg.  If i was buying brand new, right now, I would strongly consider the KJ

BigPrince:

--- Quote from: tcdawg on August 02, 2018, 10:51:54 AM ---
--- Quote from: Will on August 02, 2018, 09:16:15 AM ---I have always enjoyed eating food off of other people’s smokers but I honestly probably never would have bought a kamado-style smoker like a BGE or Kamado Joe with my own money. They were just too expensive for me to even consider it.

--- End quote ---

Nice pic...you are definitely doing it right!!

I have a BGE, and love it.  But the Kamado's have a lot of good features and are probably a better value now than the egg.  If i was buying brand new, right now, I would strongly consider the KJ

--- End quote ---

Agreed with everything he said.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version