OTHER INTERESTS > Grillin' & Chillin'

Kamodo Joe

<< < (2/4) > >>

Trailabite:
We were just in that store a few weeks ago. I wanted to buy one of those BGE but, since its not American made I didn't get one.

Looking at the Primo's now.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

tcdawg:
Wow. That’s really a big change for them. 

Shoot, they just changed from being a general hardware store to a full blown BGE store.  Kinda weird

BigMike:

--- Quote from: tcdawg on June 16, 2018, 08:55:23 PM ---Wow. That’s really a big change for them. 

Shoot, they just changed from being a general hardware store to a full blown BGE store.  Kinda weird

--- End quote ---

When we moved to Roswell in 2002, I went by their store a couple of times. They were rude and acted like they didn't care if you bought anything. I wondered how they stayed in business. Someone told me they had the contract for the City of Roswell for hardware and landscaping equipment. Then the old man retired and the sons took over. Things got better. Then they brought in BGE and they started getting a lot more customers. They remodeled and it was a nice store. They got rid of old stock that had to be on the shelves for 20+ years. Then they expanded BGE to 3/4 of the store and got rid of Stihl. My guess is the City of Roswell awarded the contract for a better deal and they had to find another money maker. Since they were already mostly grills, they went full grill and changed the name. KJ probably saw what they did with BGE and gave them a better deal.  Glad they're doing well. You couldn't get in the parking lot yesterday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BigPrince:

--- Quote from: BigMike on June 17, 2018, 10:51:46 AM ---KJ probably saw what they did with BGE and gave them a better deal.

--- End quote ---

Very short sighted to me.  I think they will lose a ton of business.  BGE artificially keeps competition down whereas I can probably get a better KJ deal at Costco.

clark123456:

--- Quote from: BigPrince on June 17, 2018, 03:55:23 PM ---
--- Quote from: BigMike on June 17, 2018, 10:51:46 AM ---KJ probably saw what they did with BGE and gave them a better deal.

--- End quote ---

Very short sighted to me.  I think they will lose a ton of business.  BGE artificially keeps competition down whereas I can probably get a better KJ deal at Costco.

--- End quote ---
Is the KJ vs BGE thing like Islam vs Judism?  It seems that way, but I just don't know.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version