BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: New toy for my toy  (Read 875 times)

fatrat

New toy for my toy
« on: June 20, 2008, 08:37:25 AM »
These should be at the house either today or tomorrow.

Quick release door hinges.  They come with an extra door side set for tube doors. I was going to just remove the OEM pin and do a quick release pin in the OEM hinge but these only cost $70 shipped and get good reviews.

Yes, I have to pay $70 for what you jeep guys get free! ;D

Offline Krawler00

• absent
  • C.O.R.E MEMBER
  • Psalm 40:2
Re: New toy for my toy
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2008, 08:42:26 AM »
Sweet! gotta love the Jeep for these kinds of things. Simple since 41.
I've grown tired of this.

Offline Jimmy

• Visitor
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2008, 08:50:28 AM »
Very cool!
- Jimmy
I'm thinkin' with my dipstick!

fatrat

« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2008, 09:02:10 AM »
Sweet! gotta love the Jeep for these kinds of things. Simple since 41.

True!  To take a wrangler door off is as simple as opening the door, taking the little strap thingy off and lifting the door straight up (once the nuts have been removed from the bottom of the hinge).  There is even enough room with the rear seat flipped forward to store the doors if you take them off away from home!

To take the taco door off is almost as simple once the hinges are replaced except you have to unplug the electrical connection and the door is heavy as hell plus you have to worry about the glass window.

BigJerm

« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2008, 09:44:28 AM »

To take the taco door off is almost as simple once the hinges are replaced except you have to unplug the electrical connection and the door is heavy as hell plus you have to worry about the glass window.

just roll down the window. I have a glass window and that is what I do.

fatrat

« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2008, 09:47:20 AM »

just roll down the window. I have a glass window and that is what I do.

Good call!!!

Offline GIJoe4500

• Visitor
    • San Antonio Offroad
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2008, 09:56:23 AM »
I don't remember what the company is, but I'm sure you can find it without much troubles.  There is a company that makes on-contact electrical connections.  When the door is shut, they'll touch, and you'll have power to your speakers, door locks, etc, etc, etc.  When you open the door, the connection is broken, so you could easily take the door off without wires being a problem.
3" body lift, 6" ProComp suspension lift, toolbox, 36x15.50 Dick Cepek Mud Countrys, 4x4 conversion in progress

fatrat

« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2008, 10:37:40 AM »
I don't remember what the company is, but I'm sure you can find it without much troubles.  There is a company that makes on-contact electrical connections.  When the door is shut, they'll touch, and you'll have power to your speakers, door locks, etc, etc, etc.  When you open the door, the connection is broken, so you could easily take the door off without wires being a problem.

That would be sweet!  That should be pretty easy to fab as well with some electrical parts from Fry's.  Thanks for the idea!

Offline GIJoe4500

• Visitor
    • San Antonio Offroad
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2008, 10:46:11 AM »
No prob bud.  I'm full of 'em.  I just gotta have somethin' to remind me of the ideas I've had at one point or another!  You ever consider buildin' a nice set of half-doors for your truck?
3" body lift, 6" ProComp suspension lift, toolbox, 36x15.50 Dick Cepek Mud Countrys, 4x4 conversion in progress

Offline Ben H.

• Visitor
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2008, 03:12:24 PM »

Yes, I have to pay $70 for what you jeep guys get free! ;D

Feel lucky. There isn't anything like that available for non-Wrangler Jeeps that I know of.
1993 Jeep Grand Wagoneer ZJ V8

Offline Matt

• Visitor
    • Georgia Trail Riders
« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2008, 04:49:54 PM »
This is the exact design I was going to help Daniel make. To bad he cant see what I am talking about. (He must have forgot us.)
Matt, Jessica, Aleigha (4), Gavin (1)

1999 Wrangler TJ
*With modifications

My '99 TJ Build

matt@gatrailriders.com

Offline Jimmy

• Visitor
« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2008, 04:53:52 PM »
Feel lucky. There isn't anything like that available for non-Wrangler Jeeps that I know of.

Uh huh!

;D

I hear ya on the doors being heavy though. My front doors weigh 68 lbs a piece and the rears 42 a piece.
- Jimmy
I'm thinkin' with my dipstick!

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM