BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: An actual "good read" if you have 5 mins to spare  (Read 211 times)

Offline 8lugLJ

• Visitor
  • Dont go away mad, just go away.
An actual "good read" if you have 5 mins to spare
« on: June 20, 2019, 10:02:55 AM »
Growing up southern Baptist, with military family, and southern in general I have somehow managed to form my own opinions and stay out of most fights I could avoid. I like this dudes outlook on the general subject of "what a man is" especially the little tale about drinking whatever beer he wants.  [cheers]

https://loadoutroom.com/117879/opinion-lets-talk-about-what-real-men-do/
"The ones that matter dont mind and the ones that mind dont matter" -- Dr Seuss

"He's a man with an LJ. And thats all that really matters." -- JC79

Offline Anvilsam

• Rowdy
  • Visitor
Re: An actual "good read" if you have 5 mins to spare
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2019, 10:24:16 AM »
I just recently heard the term "toxic masculinity" and thought i would do a little research since some groups claim this is the problem with the world. Check out this bs definition.

In psychology, toxic masculinity refers to traditional cultural masculine norms that can be harmful to men, women, and society overall; this concept of toxic masculinity is not intended to demonize men or male attributes, but rather to emphasize the harmful effects of conformity to certain traditional masculine ideal behaviors such as dominance, self-reliance, and competition.[6][7] Toxic masculinity is thus defined by adherence to traditional male gender roles that restrict the kinds of emotions allowable for boys and men to express, including social expectations that men seek to be dominant (the "alpha male") and limit their emotional range primarily to expressions of anger.[8] Some traditionally prescribed masculine behaviors can produce such harmful effects as violence (including sexual assault and domestic violence), promiscuity, risky and/or socially irresponsible behaviors including substance abuse, and dysfunction in relationships.[4][9]

This is total BS. I am very self reliant, dominate in most things in life but can also cry with my women at a sad movie or song. I think the traits they refer to as being toxic are also the things that make you successful in life.

Online patman

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2019, 01:10:43 PM »
Growing up southern Baptist, with military family, and southern in general I have somehow managed to form my own opinions and stay out of most fights I could avoid. I like this dudes outlook on the general subject of "what a man is" especially the little tale about drinking whatever beer he wants.  [cheers]

https://loadoutroom.com/117879/opinion-lets-talk-about-what-real-men-do/

Good article, with what I think are a lot of valid points

Offline tcdawg

• Anthony Smooth
  • GATR STAFF
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2019, 03:31:29 PM »
I enjoyed that article Justin.  Nice find.

Offline tcdawg

• Anthony Smooth
  • GATR STAFF
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2019, 03:33:58 PM »
I just recently heard the term "toxic masculinity" and thought i would do a little research since some groups claim this is the problem with the world. Check out this bs definition.

In psychology, toxic masculinity refers to traditional cultural masculine norms that can be harmful to men, women, and society overall; this concept of toxic masculinity is not intended to demonize men or male attributes, but rather to emphasize the harmful effects of conformity to certain traditional masculine ideal behaviors such as dominance, self-reliance, and competition.[6][7] Toxic masculinity is thus defined by adherence to traditional male gender roles that restrict the kinds of emotions allowable for boys and men to express, including social expectations that men seek to be dominant (the "alpha male") and limit their emotional range primarily to expressions of anger.[8] Some traditionally prescribed masculine behaviors can produce such harmful effects as violence (including sexual assault and domestic violence), promiscuity, risky and/or socially irresponsible behaviors including substance abuse, and dysfunction in relationships.[4][9]

This is total BS. I am very self reliant, dominate in most things in life but can also cry with my women at a sad movie or song. I think the traits they refer to as being toxic are also the things that make you successful in life.

If it weren’t for alpha males...we’d be speaking German right now

Offline Anvilsam

• Rowdy
  • Visitor
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2019, 03:39:10 PM »

Fuckin a

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline 8lugLJ

• Visitor
  • Dont go away mad, just go away.
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2019, 03:55:53 PM »

truth right there, thanks dad
"The ones that matter dont mind and the ones that mind dont matter" -- Dr Seuss

"He's a man with an LJ. And thats all that really matters." -- JC79

Offline clark123456

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2019, 04:25:57 PM »

Well, to be fair...

It was German alpha-type males that made the Allied alpha males have to go to war with Germany the second time.  Of course, depending on which revisionist history you believe, you may believe it was actually because of how the Allied alpha males after the first war were so alpha that they set up the conditions for the second war, and thus made us have to go to war to not speak German (and likely kept some of us from speaking Japanese, although I think I am turning Japanese from time to time).

Regardless...alpha is here, and always will be.

I assume the automobile insurance companies have proven that males are riskier than females, as indicated by insurance rates (I am also assuming the rates are still higher for young men than young women)...I wonder how they treat transgender/transitioning folk?.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Clark
1998 TJ Sahara

Offline tcdawg

• Anthony Smooth
  • GATR STAFF
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2019, 04:33:41 PM »
To be fair...

Online patman

• C.O.R.E MEMBER