BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: GMP  (Read 4920 times)

Offline Trailabite

• GATR STAFF
  • Need more parts!
    • Trailabite
GMP
« on: September 03, 2019, 09:09:12 AM »
I traded a few emails with the owner (Jayne) and it sounds like there are several people interested in buying the park. One guy is in the process of doing a due diligence.
Chuck & Sherry

*GET OUT OF KEVIN'S YARD*

Offline Chris36l

• Visitor
Re: GMP
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2019, 09:16:53 AM »
To reopen as an off-road Park, or 80’s style resort retreat?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Blue J

• Visitor
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2019, 09:27:34 AM »
GMP?
Jimbo
'13 True Blue JK

Offline Trailabite

• GATR STAFF
  • Need more parts!
    • Trailabite
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2019, 09:30:53 AM »

As an off road park

Chuck & Sherry

Offline BigMike

• Visitor
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2019, 09:31:09 AM »
Golden Mountain Park

I heard others did due diligence and the numbers didn’t add up for a loan. 

Offline Trailabite

• GATR STAFF
  • Need more parts!
    • Trailabite
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2019, 09:31:40 AM »
Chuck & Sherry

Offline Trailabite

• GATR STAFF
  • Need more parts!
    • Trailabite
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2019, 09:35:39 AM »
Golden Mountain Park

I heard others did due diligence and the numbers didn’t add up for a loan. 

She has dropped the price down to $850,000 for 326 acres, which is only $2,600 an acre. doesn't seem crazy. There are some issues, some of the property has been labeled as commercial by the county, which raises the taxes. Also, a lot of maintenance will need to be done up front.
Chuck & Sherry

Offline Blue J

• Visitor
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2019, 09:39:17 AM »
I've seen a few deer there. Could lease a few tracts out for hunting or open the track back up.
Several of those buildings could be fixed with a bulldozer though.
Jimbo
'13 True Blue JK

Offline patman

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2019, 09:42:19 AM »

As an off road park

I hope it pans out. One of my favorite places to wheel

Offline Trailabite

• GATR STAFF
  • Need more parts!
    • Trailabite
« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2019, 09:59:28 AM »
I've seen a few deer there. Could lease a few tracts out for hunting or open the track back up.

I don't know if it would really make enough money on deer hunting. I would have to think the people in TN have plenty of places to hunt for free. And to attract people out of state you would have to have some sort of deer management program, which is another whole business.

With that huge pavilion on top I would think with the right marketing and advertisement a person could make decent money off of it. Advertise the hell out of for wedding venues. And by advertising I would just go buy a database dump of all the wedding planners in the US and start hitting them up. Let them do all of the work, just rent the pavilion out for $4k a pop. There is a huge market for this. Another idea would be to hit big time corporations for team building efforts. Build a few obstacle course for them to play on and do whatever or offer some sort of off-roading event. Either build a couple of buggies that can carry passengers or just make a deal with some of the locals to take them out on the trails. A couple of concerts through out the year. A big Halloween bash with some awesome hayrides through the trails at night.

The race track has all kinds of opportunity as well. Derbies, truck and tractor pulls, tough truck course. Running any actual races at night could pose a potential noise problem with the neighbors, being that it's at the bottom there.

Not that I have given this much thought lol.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2019, 10:00:53 AM by Trailabite »
Chuck & Sherry

Offline clark123456

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2019, 10:06:10 AM »

I don't know if it would really make enough money on deer hunting. I would have to think the people in TN have plenty of places to hunt for free. And to attract people out of state you would have to have some sort of deer management program, which is another whole business.

With that huge pavilion on top I would think with the right marketing and advertisement a person could make decent money off of it. Advertise the hell out of for wedding venues. And by advertising I would just go buy a database dump of all the wedding planners in the US and start hitting them up. Let them do all of the work, just rent the pavilion out for $4k a pop. There is a huge market for this. Another idea would be to hit big time corporations for team building efforts. Build a few obstacle course for them to play on and do whatever or offer some sort of off-roading event. Either build a couple of buggies that can carry passengers or just make a deal with some of the locals to take them out on the trails. A couple of concerts through out the year. A big Halloween bash with some awesome hayrides through the trails at night.

The race track has all kinds of opportunity as well. Derbies, truck and tractor pulls, tough truck course. Running any actual races at night could pose a potential noise problem with the neighbors, being that it's at the bottom there.

Not that I have given this much thought lol.
The pavilion rental idea would require a good amount of paving to make it accessible by normal cars.  Of course, the pavilion and the bathhouse need some love...it was really getting run down the last time I was there.

Chuck...make it happen!

Clark
1998 TJ Sahara

Offline patman

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2019, 10:07:40 AM »
Not that I have given this much thought, but I did inquire about buying it for the above reasons

FIFY

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM