BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Electrician in Roswell  (Read 263 times)

Offline Trailabite

• GATR STAFF
  • Need more parts!
    • Trailabite
Electrician in Roswell
« on: September 03, 2019, 10:42:39 AM »
Any recommendations?
Chuck & Sherry

*GET OUT OF KEVIN'S YARD*

Offline BigMike

• Visitor
Re: Electrician in Roswell
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2019, 02:04:02 PM »
What kind of job is it? 

Offline Trailabite

• GATR STAFF
  • Need more parts!
    • Trailabite
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2019, 02:10:12 PM »
Installing a 240 outlet in my garage.

I would do this myself but my panel is in the basement ( which is finished) and there's no direct path to get to it unless I remove some drywall. So before I go down that path I figured I would get someone that does this for a living to make sure there's not another alternative.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Chuck & Sherry

Offline Blue J

• Visitor
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2019, 02:36:05 PM »

I would do this myself but my panel is in the basement ( which is finished) and there's no direct path to get to it unless I remove some drywall. So before I go down that path I figured I would get someone that does this for a living to make sure there's not another alternative.

Why not just install a Sub panel?

The alernative is to get an extension cord. I used to have a 100' 8-guage wire.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2019, 02:38:42 PM by Blue J »
Jimbo
'13 True Blue JK

Offline BigMike

• Visitor
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2019, 02:50:44 PM »
I have the same issue.  I ran electrical and air line to the garage from the basement, but didn’t put in 220/221 before I finished the basement.  Now I want it up there for a welder.  Contemplating the same thing myself.  I might have a way to get there wihtout knocking out drywall, but it won’t be easy.  I don’t have a fab project right now so it’s not a priority. 

I’ll ask a buddy that is a builder if he knows someone. 

Offline Trailabite

• GATR STAFF
  • Need more parts!
    • Trailabite
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2019, 03:07:38 PM »

Why not just install a Sub panel?

The alernative is to get an extension cord. I used to have a 100' 8-guage wire.

Same issue, since the sub panel would still be fed from the main panel in the basement. If it were an emergency I could see using an extension cord but, for hours of project work it's probably not very convenient.
Chuck & Sherry

Offline DOUG

• Visitor
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2019, 06:02:55 PM »
Dang, you are going to need access to that panel in the wall to pull a wire. 

What is behind the panel? Exteriir wall?

Where is your dryer?

Electric water heater? Where?

Offline BigMike

• Visitor
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2019, 10:17:08 AM »

Where is your dryer?

For me, my panels (2x200amp) are in the unfinished part of the basement.  Routing the wire to the garage has to go into the area that is finished.  Not sure about Chuck.

Offline DOUG

• Visitor
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2019, 10:29:12 AM »

Where is your dryer?

For me, my panels (2x200amp) are in the unfinished part of the basement.  Routing the wire to the garage has to go into the area that is finished.  Not sure about Chuck.

You can't poke a wire outside above ground level and conduit it around to where you want it?  You can also run one up from the basement to the attic behind a gutter and then drop it down in the garage. 

Where is your disconnect on the outside of the house?

Chuckie found his disconnect and he is going to look to see if there is a double pole slot available in it, sometimes there is, and that would be perfect... if not, you can put a sub panel there. 

Offline BigMike

• Visitor
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2019, 11:18:14 AM »

Where is your dryer?

You can't poke a wire outside above ground level and conduit it around to where you want it?  You can also run one up from the basement to the attic behind a gutter and then drop it down in the garage. 

Chuckie found his disconnect and he is going to look to see if there is a double pole slot available in it, sometimes there is, and that would be perfect... if not, you can put a sub panel there. 

I wired my entire basement when I finished it.  The disconnect is on the opposite side of the house. 

I can go to a corner in the unfinished part of the basement and if I drill straight up, it will go through the wall that splits the dining room and garage.  Just need to make sure that I don’t drill through the dining room floor.  It’s just a bitch because of all of the HVAC flex duct.  I might check it out this weekend.  I’ll start with a small, long 1/8” bit and got from there. 

Offline Trailabite

• GATR STAFF
  • Need more parts!
    • Trailabite
« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2019, 05:27:47 PM »

Where is your dryer?

It's only a single. Why on earth would they even make an 18" box for a single breaker?

« Last Edit: January 25, 2020, 10:59:48 AM by Trailabite »
Chuck & Sherry

Offline Blue J

• Visitor
« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2019, 11:35:35 AM »

Where is your dryer?

It's only a single. Why in earth would they even make an 18" box for a single breaker?

So they can charge more.
Jimbo
'13 True Blue JK

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM