BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: TRANSMISSION BUILDERS AROUND ATL???  (Read 101 times)

Offline Cochese

• Visitor
TRANSMISSION BUILDERS AROUND ATL???
« on: October 24, 2019, 02:02:46 PM »
What is the "go-to" shop around ATL to get transmissions built (and rebuilt) who is familiar with the needs of rock buggies and rock crawlers?
I have a 700R4 with a RMVB that I am going to pull this weekend and bring to a shop for an overhaul.
Have a shop in the Bham area but if I can find a good one close.....

Thanks,
Eric Barbely
eric.barbely@gmail.com
IG: atlantarockcrawler
Eric Barbely
IG: @atlantarockcrawler

Online patman

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
Re: TRANSMISSION BUILDERS AROUND ATL???
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2019, 02:44:55 PM »
What is the "go-to" shop around ATL to get transmissions built (and rebuilt) who is familiar with the needs of rock buggies and rock crawlers?
I have a 700R4 with a RMVB that I am going to pull this weekend and bring to a shop for an overhaul.
Have a shop in the Bham area but if I can find a good one close.....

Thanks,
Eric Barbely
eric.barbely@gmail.com
IG: atlantarockcrawler

@94xjsport94 just had a bad experience and a good experience with 2 different builders. I think he pops in from time to time and maybe can offer his opinion. He may have also referenced it on IG earlier this year since the bad build blew up at CFR this spring @willherndon

Offline 94xjsport94

• Visitor
  • Cherocar
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2019, 07:38:18 PM »
PTC’s rate is the same as any other trans shop and Ed knows what he is doing 10x more than any other builder I have talked to. He will give you shit about running a 700r4, but he knows what he is doing with 350’s, 400’s, 700r4’s, and powerglides. He will build it with you or while you wait too. I know of another guy in whitesburg jve heard good things about too but haven’t personally used. I had a guy in Carrollton do my 400 the first time and it lasted about 3 hours.
Will

94 seXj

Offline Cochese

• Visitor
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2019, 02:59:17 PM »
PTC’s rate is the same as any other trans shop and Ed knows what he is doing 10x more than any other builder I have talked to. He will give you shit about running a 700r4, but he knows what he is doing with 350’s, 400’s, 700r4’s, and powerglides. He will build it with you or while you wait too. I know of another guy in whitesburg jve heard good things about too but haven’t personally used. I had a guy in Carrollton do my 400 the first time and it lasted about 3 hours.

@94xjsport94 PTC as in Performance Torque Converters in Muscle Shoals, AL?
« Last Edit: October 25, 2019, 02:59:50 PM by Cochese »
Eric Barbely
IG: @atlantarockcrawler

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM