BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Getting in shape 2020  (Read 2908 times)

Offline Danny Kinder

• Danny Kinder
  • ADMINISTRATOR
    • Allsouth Autosports
Getting in shape 2020
« on: December 12, 2019, 12:43:04 PM »
Fellas, I started a new board for health, events, gym talk, and our annual Getting in shape thread.

Since we're here I guess I'll start the thread off right... I've been working three days a week with an ex olympian from Ukraine. These Ukrainians are no joke! This dude is a beast. I've never seen results this fast. I'm on week 7 or 8 and I can tell a drastic change in strength and speed compared to my first day working with him. On top of that I've been doing strength yoga training two days a week, and running three days a week. I'm really not wanting to get real big or anything in 2020, just tone up. What say you?? [lifting]
Danny Kinder
HEISENBERG BUILD

Offline tcdawg

• Anthony Smooth
  • GATR STAFF
Re: Getting in shape 2020
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2019, 02:12:45 PM »
I hit the gym basically 6 days a week...3 days on, 1 off and so on.

I have really been wanting to find a place to do some yoga and just haven't put the effort in yet.  I have not have heard of "strength" yoga.  I'll have to research.

Offline ACGiddens

• Visitor
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2019, 02:45:15 PM »

I have really been wanting to find a place to do some yoga and just haven't put the effort in yet.  I have not have heard of "strength" yoga.  I'll have to research.

If you listen to Rogan go back in the listen to the Diamond Dallas Page Episode. His DDP Yoga is pretty intense "not ya' momma's yoga".
Adam G
The Jeep list:
TJ stock - gone
JK stock - gone
YJ 6" 35s mostly stock - gone
XJ 6.5" LA 35s D44 - RIPieces
XJ - 6.5" LA 35s - gone
TJ - In progress

Offline Trailabite

• GATR STAFF
  • Need more parts!
    • Trailabite
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2019, 03:23:39 PM »

If you listen to Rogan go back in the listen to the Diamond Dallas Page Episode. His DDP Yoga is pretty intense "not ya' momma's yoga".

Rock 100.5 are always talking about this guy and he's on their morning shows every once in a while. Sounds like a good program.

*EDIT* - I'm still doing Crossfit. Not as much as I need too these past 2 months, work has been crazy and I got tennis elbow somehow. I just actually started back up this week though and hoping to get back 4 days a week. Really need to slow down on my drinking and get strict on my diet routine.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2019, 03:27:07 PM by Trailabite »
Chuck & Sherry

*GET OUT OF KEVIN'S YARD*

Offline Blue J

• Visitor
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2019, 03:43:52 PM »
I stopped running when I had a cold this fall. Added 10 pounds back on, I don't know how da fawk that happened. Trying to get back in the routine of running and watching what I eat. Not just watching it go in my mouth. I've done yoga off an on mostly to stay limber and keep these joints working. I probably need to sign up for some 5k's to have a goal to train towards.
Jimbo
'13 True Blue JK

Offline Big Dave

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2019, 03:47:23 PM »
I was going to recommend DDP Yoga if it is generally local to you.
I need to start a fitness regiment.
I recently lost about 25 lbs due to "stress" & less consumption of alcohol. I was drinking daily.
I need to keep it off.
One word of advice. The body hates sugar. The older you get the less it processes it & more it stores it in fat.
I gave up sugar a while back & switched to Splenda. It takes some getting used to but once you do sugar tastes weird in coffee now. The only sugar I have now is in fruits.

Offline Trailabite

• GATR STAFF
  • Need more parts!
    • Trailabite
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2019, 04:26:59 PM »
I was going to recommend DDP Yoga if it is generally local to you.
I need to start a fitness regiment.
I recently lost about 25 lbs due to "stress" & less consumption of alcohol. I was drinking daily.
I need to keep it off.
One word of advice. The body hates sugar. The older you get the less it processes it & more it stores it in fat.
I gave up sugar a while back & switched to Splenda. It takes some getting used to but once you do sugar tastes weird in coffee now. The only sugar I have now is in fruits.

I try to use honey whenever I need to add a sweetener. Splenda is not a good idea:

"You probably know sucralose as its brand name, Splenda. While sucralose is derived from a sugar molecule, it’s not actually sugar—it’s artificial. Sucralose is about 600 times sweeter than sugar, and it offers neither calories nor nutrients.

While the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) says sucralose is “generally recognized as safe,” or GRAS, it has been linked with cancer in animal studies. For this reason, CSPI has categorized sucralose as ‘unsafe’ and recommends people use stevia or sugar alcohols.

That said, consuming a diet drink sweetened with sucralose every few weeks likely won’t cause any harm, Pfau says."
Chuck & Sherry

Offline Big Dave

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2019, 04:50:55 PM »
No good deed.
Seriously,  thanks for the heads up. The day I get use to honey in my coffee (gag) it will be linked to cancer.
I'll switch to Stevia. I like honey in hot tea. But that's a cold, winter day drink.

Offline tjsahara00

• GATR STAFF
  • Staying on the porch now days!
« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2019, 04:26:49 AM »
I'm just trying to make to 60 in 2020
With my daughter and 3 granddaughters
in the house.... 5, 2 1/2 and 1 1/2 year
olds running around. Love em but they
wear me out.
Kevin Pool
2016 JKU Sport
2000 TJ Sahara (RIP)

Offline Trailabite

• GATR STAFF
  • Need more parts!
    • Trailabite
« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2019, 05:48:44 AM »
I'm just trying to make to 60 in 2020
With my daughter and 3 granddaughters
in the house.... 5, 2 1/2 and 1 1/2 year
olds running around. Love em but they
wear me out.
Lol. Good luck!

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Chuck & Sherry

Offline Blue J

• Visitor
« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2019, 06:02:23 AM »
Dave
Check out Stevia it’s a natural low calorie sweetener that’s better than the other man made  ones. I use it in coffee.
Jimbo
'13 True Blue JK

Offline Danny Kinder

• Danny Kinder
  • ADMINISTRATOR
    • Allsouth Autosports
« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2019, 09:28:59 AM »
I stopped running when I had a cold this fall. Added 10 pounds back on, I don't know how da fawk that happened. Trying to get back in the routine of running and watching what I eat. Not just watching it go in my mouth. I've done yoga off an on mostly to stay limber and keep these joints working. I probably need to sign up for some 5k's to have a goal to train towards.

Signing up for a run will give you that boost again. Something or someone to hold you accountable is everything. It’s funny, I need to be held accountable waaayyy more than my wife. She literally has the best willpower that I’ve ever seen. Zero sweets & zero carbs. She just said “this is terrible for me” and stopped eating bad foods over a decade ago. Plus she runs 6-10 miles 6 days a week+yoga 3 and she’s a very strict vegan, well we both are. I’m not quit as hardcore when it comes to fitness as her, but I’m working on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Danny Kinder
HEISENBERG BUILD

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM