OTHER INTERESTS > Getting in shape

Getting in shape 2020

<< < (2/25) > >>

Big Dave:
I was going to recommend DDP Yoga if it is generally local to you.
I need to start a fitness regiment.
I recently lost about 25 lbs due to "stress" & less consumption of alcohol. I was drinking daily.
I need to keep it off.
One word of advice. The body hates sugar. The older you get the less it processes it & more it stores it in fat.
I gave up sugar a while back & switched to Splenda. It takes some getting used to but once you do sugar tastes weird in coffee now. The only sugar I have now is in fruits.

Trailabite:

--- Quote from: Big Dave on December 12, 2019, 03:47:23 PM ---I was going to recommend DDP Yoga if it is generally local to you.
I need to start a fitness regiment.
I recently lost about 25 lbs due to "stress" & less consumption of alcohol. I was drinking daily.
I need to keep it off.
One word of advice. The body hates sugar. The older you get the less it processes it & more it stores it in fat.
I gave up sugar a while back & switched to Splenda. It takes some getting used to but once you do sugar tastes weird in coffee now. The only sugar I have now is in fruits.

--- End quote ---

I try to use honey whenever I need to add a sweetener. Splenda is not a good idea:

"You probably know sucralose as its brand name, Splenda. While sucralose is derived from a sugar molecule, it’s not actually sugar—it’s artificial. Sucralose is about 600 times sweeter than sugar, and it offers neither calories nor nutrients.

While the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) says sucralose is “generally recognized as safe,” or GRAS, it has been linked with cancer in animal studies. For this reason, CSPI has categorized sucralose as ‘unsafe’ and recommends people use stevia or sugar alcohols.

That said, consuming a diet drink sweetened with sucralose every few weeks likely won’t cause any harm, Pfau says."

Big Dave:
No good deed.
Seriously,  thanks for the heads up. The day I get use to honey in my coffee (gag) it will be linked to cancer.
I'll switch to Stevia. I like honey in hot tea. But that's a cold, winter day drink.

tjsahara00:
I'm just trying to make to 60 in 2020
With my daughter and 3 granddaughters
in the house.... 5, 2 1/2 and 1 1/2 year
olds running around. Love em but they
wear me out.

Trailabite:

--- Quote from: tjsahara00 on December 13, 2019, 04:26:49 AM ---I'm just trying to make to 60 in 2020
With my daughter and 3 granddaughters
in the house.... 5, 2 1/2 and 1 1/2 year
olds running around. Love em but they
wear me out.

--- End quote ---
Lol. Good luck!

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version