BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Say goodbye to my JK  (Read 2635 times)

BigJerm

Re: Say goodbye to my JK
« Reply #48 on: July 14, 2008, 10:01:46 AM »
yep soon... not soon enough. As much as I joke and say 37's I want to keep this one simple. A multi purpose rig that I can follow you fellas and then whip out the camera while yall do the big stuff. I am thinking a build list something like this:

2.5" Budget boost, Rugged Ridge front and rear bumpers (no stinger this time), a winch with rope, a receiver, probably some lights, and when the time comes, 33" tires.

Offline Krawler00

• absent
  • C.O.R.E MEMBER
  • Psalm 40:2
« Reply #49 on: July 14, 2008, 12:34:14 PM »
Simple is  key. With your setup you will need some under under armor. Long wheel base less lift I would armor it. 2.5" lift and 33"s is plenty for you. You will be able to do all the big stuff on that. Lockers are God's gift to us wheelers!!! :D
I've grown tired of this.

BigJerm

« Reply #50 on: July 14, 2008, 12:56:07 PM »
I plan to armor the oil pan ASAP. Dont know why but it scares the shit out of me. I never hear of other JK’s damaging their pans to where it punctures but still… Don’t want to be the first! Ill probably run with the rest of the stock skids for now and toss on some diff covers for good measure.

tgrt

« Reply #51 on: July 15, 2008, 09:48:03 AM »
I plan to armor the oil pan ASAP. Dont know why but it scares the shit out of me. I never hear of other JK’s damaging their pans to where it punctures but still… Don’t want to be the first! Ill probably run with the rest of the stock skids for now and toss on some diff covers for good measure.

The evap. canister is in way more danger.  PM me about the options for protecting it if you're interested.

Offline Will

• Visitor
« Reply #52 on: July 15, 2008, 09:54:37 AM »
can't you just relocate that thing? Wouldn't be too hard at all.
Will and Amber

White JL Rubicon

BigJerm

« Reply #53 on: July 15, 2008, 10:06:08 AM »

you can, they make kits and brackets to do it but some require cutting hoses and such and I am not not sure I want to do that. They make a skid for it as well so that might be in my future...

Tony, PM sent

Offline Krawler00

• absent
  • C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #54 on: July 15, 2008, 11:21:11 AM »
I saw Rancho has quite a line up now for armoring the JK. When I look under those it seemd there is a ton more things to rip or break off than the TJ's.

BigJerm

« Reply #55 on: July 15, 2008, 11:35:19 AM »
there is a lot of skids possible... I think the full set is like $1,300 maybe... Mike knows how much

Offline Will

• Visitor
« Reply #56 on: July 15, 2008, 02:48:12 PM »

you can, they make kits and brackets to do it but some require cutting hoses and such and I am not not sure I want to do that. They make a skid for it as well so that might be in my future...

Tony, PM sent

Heck, there's not much to those evap system lines. There's only one line that fuel runs through, the return, and then everything else is for vapor pressure and all that crap, so as long as everything is air tight you're good. Where are you guys moving them on the JKs?
Will and Amber

White JL Rubicon

RotorHead

« Reply #57 on: July 15, 2008, 02:53:01 PM »

Tony, PM sent

Heck, there's not much to those evap system lines. There's only one line that fuel runs through, the return, and then everything else is for vapor pressure and all that crap, so as long as everything is air tight you're good. Where are you guys moving them on the JKs?

Normally above the rear axle.

ghostdancer308

« Reply #58 on: July 15, 2008, 03:54:25 PM »
Did you do this mod yourself or did you invest in a relocation kit Livingston? Thanks for the input. Glen

Offline Krawler00

• absent
  • C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #59 on: July 15, 2008, 04:16:54 PM »
That's too clean to be Mikes Jeep. :D

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM