BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Say goodbye to my JK  (Read 2634 times)

BigJerm

Say goodbye to my JK
« on: July 09, 2008, 10:21:20 PM »
Yep, been looking for a little while now. Tonight I traded in the JK as is (they are going to give me back the CB). It was a hard decision especially since I owed more than Blue Book but they managed to get within $2k of payoff.

What did I get?

A 2007 4dr Rubicon with half doors, manual windows/locks, manual transmission, 4,600 miles, never been off road (and trust me after a good look over it hasn’t) and a great shape interior/exterior.  As much as I want to mod there was a strict agreement with megan… No mods for a LONG time unless I get them damn near free.

RotorHead

Re: Say goodbye to my JK
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2008, 10:25:30 PM »
Looks mighty fine. I sure want them doors. How do you like driving it? {toast}

BigJerm

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2008, 10:33:56 PM »
I like it and the 6 speed is very very nice

Offline Jimmy

• Visitor
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2008, 10:52:03 PM »
NICE! When's it getting 37's? hehe
- Jimmy
I'm thinkin' with my dipstick!

Offline Ben H.

• Visitor
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2008, 10:53:35 PM »
Sweet. What's funny is that you wanted some better 32" tires and a front locker and you got it plus more.
1993 Jeep Grand Wagoneer ZJ V8

tgrt

« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2008, 11:06:10 PM »
You're going to love that disconnect system and those lockers.  It's just so freaking convenient.  I guess congratulations are in order although I'm disappointed you're out of the two-door gang.  (I still have some extra parts if you break something offroad too.)

Mine is in the shop right now getting 5.13s.  On a related note they're having a little bit of problem getting the locker back in.  Apparently it has to be setup just so.  There's a little plunger that has to be set.  It's way above my head.  I'm a little worried, but they have to get it soon, right?

Offline Will

• Visitor
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2008, 07:56:09 AM »
NICE!!!  ;)
Will and Amber

White JL Rubicon

BigJerm

« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2008, 08:04:19 AM »
You're going to love that disconnect system and those lockers.  It's just so freaking convenient.  I guess congratulations are in order although I'm disappointed you're out of the two-door gang.  (I still have some extra parts if you break something offroad too.)

Mine is in the shop right now getting 5.13s.  On a related note they're having a little bit of problem getting the locker back in.  Apparently it has to be setup just so.  There's a little plunger that has to be set.  It's way above my head.  I'm a little worried, but they have to get it soon, right?

2 doors no more. I like the room, sure I will hate it first time I get hung up though... Lets us know how the Locker thing goes, I am really curious as to what is wrong.

On a side note, anyone care to break down for me how the E-locker and E-disco work? I know with the lockers you have to be in 4Lo but what else? Can I engage just 1? only both? and Disco not sure on it either. I got to whip out that fancy owners manual today and read!

And future plans... once the CC is paid off and Megan has her bedroom furniture then the plans are obvious... 37's  ;D

Offline lt99ls1

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2008, 09:01:56 AM »
Look it is Livingston Jr!

Nice Rubi.

I guess all your mods are going to be "free" from now on.
Larry

05 LJ
20 BabyMax

Offline DOUG

• Visitor
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2008, 09:07:23 AM »
2 doors no more. I like the room, sure I will hate it first time I get hung up though... Lets us know how the Locker thing goes, I am really curious as to what is wrong.
On a side note, anyone care to break down for me how the E-locker and E-disco work? I know with the lockers you have to be in 4Lo but what else? Can I engage just 1? only both? and Disco not sure on it either. I got to whip out that fancy owners manual today and read!
And future plans... once the CC is paid off and Megan has her bedroom furniture then the plans are obvious... 37's  ;D

Nice ride!  (I'm jealous)  If it's like the 06 Rubi, push once to lock rear, twice to lock the front too.

RotorHead

« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2008, 09:29:25 AM »

Read the manual.  ;D  The switch for the lockers actually has a top and a bottom. Push the bottom once, you get rear. Push the bottom again, you get front and rear. Push the bottom again to go back to just rear. To disengage completely push the top and point it straight.

Unless you do the locker mod to fool the computer, lockers and e disco only work in 4 low under 18 mph.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2008, 09:31:06 AM by Livingston »

BigJerm

« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2008, 02:29:18 PM »
well I guess I got to get me CB and another fire extinguisher now...

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM