BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Fish worms  (Read 398 times)

Offline Trailabite

• GATR STAFF
  • Need more parts!
    • Trailabite
Fish worms
« on: February 14, 2020, 02:29:50 PM »
If you didn't see my FB post, we found a couple worms in our Salmon last night. Sherry couldn't handle it and barely made it to the bathroom to make a deposit into the porcelain thunder jug lol. It will be a while before we do Salmon again.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Chuck & Sherry

*GET OUT OF KEVIN'S YARD*

Offline Big Dave

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
Re: Fish worms
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2020, 03:29:27 PM »
Nice.
Where's it from?

Offline Trailabite

• GATR STAFF
  • Need more parts!
    • Trailabite
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2020, 03:43:24 PM »
Nice.
Where's it from?

Orca Bay - Alaskan Wild Caught. They freeze all of their fish at -31* and then store it at -4* for several days to kill things like these worms. They say finding worms in the Salmon is common or at least not unheard of......I'd rather not do it again though!
Chuck & Sherry

Offline Big Dave

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2020, 03:49:39 PM »
I agree

Offline clark123456

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2020, 07:43:51 PM »
I used to go deep sea fishing on a nice charter boat every year...then one year while cleaning and putting away some fish (Amberjack, I think) I noticed white nodules in the meat, but I ignored it.  Someone else on the trip sent a group text letting us know some fish had worms...after I went to the trouble to clean and vacuum seal the meat, butt before I consumed any.

That was my last trip. 

Salmon was my fish of choice...now, thanks to you, I'll be avoiding it too.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Clark
1998 TJ Sahara

Offline Will

• Visitor
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2020, 08:22:58 AM »
I spent a week in Yakutat, Alaska catching coho (silver) salmon and flew 100 pounds of it back home. We gave away most of it between friends and family and ate on it for a year. I have never seen any worms. I know other parasites like sea lice will die and fall off of the fish once they hit the rivers and fresh water.   

We catch them in the rivers as they are headed up stream to spawn but commercial fishing is all done in the bays and salt water. So there’s one of the differences between private and commercial “wild caught.”

That’s nasty Chuck. I’m gonna tell myself that the freshwater is the reason we have never seen any worms.... until I see otherwise I guess. Was it down in the meat or on top? Could be the way they are processed and cleaned and that that guy just did a crappy job but I don’t know.

I know other salt water fish almost always have worms, like Amberjack. But they are too good to stop eating. Just get em fried before you look at them 🤣

Will and Amber

White JL Rubicon

Offline j3ff3ry_j33p

• Visitor
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2020, 10:00:05 AM »
this is one of the reasons I don't eat fish a lot. I will only ever eat it at the coast ( never inland w/ very rare catfish fry , & if I've seen the fish) & no longer eat anything other than bunny-slope sushi ( California roll or shrimp tempura roll) if I'm at an ocean.

this gave me very much anxiety ,Chuck.
Did that just crawl out of a raw salmon steak on the plate you were taking it to the grill on? I didn't login to Facebook this week so hadn't seen.

grilling would kill but you'd still be eating cooked worm , too.

I know I'm letting my pre-historic ancestors down - & Bear Grills - but this set my OCD paranoia off the charts ; I investigated my HoneyComb this morning for worms.
Jeffery
ºlllllllº '11 JKUs
▀lllllll▀ '95 XJ

Offline Trailabite

• GATR STAFF
  • Need more parts!
    • Trailabite
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2020, 11:29:14 AM »
this is one of the reasons I don't eat fish a lot. I will only ever eat it at the coast ( never inland w/ very rare catfish fry , & if I've seen the fish) & no longer eat anything other than bunny-slope sushi ( California roll or shrimp tempura roll) if I'm at an ocean.

this gave me very much anxiety ,Chuck.
Did that just crawl out of a raw salmon steak on the plate you were taking it to the grill on? I didn't login to Facebook this week so hadn't seen.

grilling would kill but you'd still be eating cooked worm , too.

I know I'm letting my pre-historic ancestors down - & Bear Grills - but this set my OCD paranoia off the charts ; I investigated my HoneyComb this morning for worms.
Lol. It was cooked 2 to 3 minutes on each side which, for me, is a little over cooked. Sherry found it in her piece about half way through......

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Chuck & Sherry

Offline j3ff3ry_j33p

• Visitor
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2020, 07:13:46 AM »
*shiver*

[skull]

I'm glad you noticed it.

Can use as fishing bait = full circle?

Jeffery
ºlllllllº '11 JKUs
▀lllllll▀ '95 XJ

Offline Blue J

• Visitor
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2020, 08:44:53 AM »
Animals have worms and parasites. Pigs and beef have even more, Google it up. Worms aren't a problem when cooked properly, just more protein. This is why it is important to get the best quality Sushi. I avoid the Dollar Sushi places. The farmed and China caught and or processed fish is the biggest concern.
Jimbo
'13 True Blue JK

Offline clark123456

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2020, 09:02:14 AM »
Animals have worms and parasites. Pigs and beef have even more, Google it up. Worms aren't a problem when cooked properly, just more protein. This is why it is important to get the best quality Sushi. I avoid the Dollar Sushi places. The farmed and China caught and or processed fish is the biggest concern.
FAKE NEWS!!!  Beef has never had anything bad with it, and cows are the cleanest animals.  This mis-information needs to be removed from the site.

Kell started telling me about some problems with beef...and I just had to leave the room.

The vegan propoganda machine is in full force these days.
Clark
1998 TJ Sahara

Offline Blue J

• Visitor
« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2020, 09:40:37 AM »
FAKE NEWS!!!  Beef has never had anything bad with it, and cows are the cleanest animals.  This mis-information needs to be removed from the site.

Kell started telling me about some problems with beef...and I just had to leave the room.

The vegan propoganda machine is in full force these days.

Taeniasis in humans is a parasitic infection caused by the tapeworm species Taenia saginata (beef tapeworm), Taenia solium (pork tapeworm), and Taenia asiatica (Asian tapeworm). Humans can become infected with these tapeworms by eating raw or undercooked beef (T. saginata) or pork (T. solium and T.

Taeniasis - General Information  - CDC https://www.cdc.gov/parasites/taeniasis/gen_info/faqs.html

I know you like your pork and beef cooked raw and that you are not good at the google.
Jimbo
'13 True Blue JK

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM