BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: COVID-19 Don't Panic!  (Read 9950 times)

Offline DOUG

• Visitor
Re: COVID-19 Don't Panic!
« Reply #372 on: April 08, 2020, 09:29:25 PM »
]
No pandemic?  Really?  I guess you must be drinking heavily and not paying attention.

Lol correct! I didn't finish that thought, of the scale of the annual flu.

A lot of folks getting hit hard by the extreme measures and the shut down of their business, job, etc. when the vulnerable could be protected and the rest could go on living if the right protective measures are taken by all.

Offline kvom

• Visitor
  • Kirk
« Reply #373 on: April 08, 2020, 09:48:51 PM »
if the right protective measures are taken by all.

An "if" that's bigger than Doug or me
00 TJ  stuff
02 F250 CC LB 7.3 tow pig
18 Honda CRV
12 Chrysler 200 - Wife's car

Online clark123456

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #374 on: April 09, 2020, 12:57:18 AM »
]
No pandemic?  Really?  I guess you must be drinking heavily and not paying attention.

Lol correct! I didn't finish that thought, of the scale of the annual flu.

A lot of folks getting hit hard by the extreme measures and the shut down of their business, job, etc. when the vulnerable could be protected and the rest could go on living if the right protective measures are taken by all.
I'm not completely against the idea of losing 2M older people to ensure our economy and society continue...everyone has to sacrifice at some point.

Think about all of the people who will die early due to weight gain, lack of exercise, depression, spousal abuse, child abuse, etc caused by shelter in place.
Clark
1998 TJ Sahara

Offline jc79

• Visitor
« Reply #375 on: April 09, 2020, 01:30:30 AM »
Haha, ok I guess you’re right. Doug is the one not taking it seriously.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Jared

2004 TJ Unlimited (LJ)

Online clark123456

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #376 on: April 09, 2020, 01:36:37 AM »
Haha, ok I guess you’re right. Doug is the one not taking it seriously.

He's not some...some dude in Blairsville,  too.  I'm sure there are more.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Clark
1998 TJ Sahara

Offline BigMike

• Visitor
« Reply #377 on: April 09, 2020, 08:28:42 AM »
I was on the Flu vs. COVID train at first until I watch a video this doctor posted.  The difference is this virus can be contacted easier and turns to pneumonia faster.  But just like the regular flu, some people have slight cases and doesn't really affect them much. 

5 years from now, no worries about COVID-19.  There will be a vaccine and antidote.  Until then, it will be a problem.  Think about next year.  Will the same thing happen on a smaller scale?

Online TravisMac

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #378 on: April 09, 2020, 08:43:29 AM »
I was on the Flu vs. COVID train at first until I watch a video this doctor posted.  The difference is this virus can be contacted easier and turns to pneumonia faster.  But just like the regular flu, some people have slight cases and doesn't really affect them much. 

5 years from now, no worries about COVID-19.  There will be a vaccine and antidote.  Until then, it will be a problem.  Think about next year.  Will the same thing happen on a smaller scale?
Everything I’ve heard says it’s not seasonal like the flu - so once it’s gone it should be gone. The antidote/vaccine (or everyone getting it) are the only 2 things that will eradicate it
Travis Macdonald
Crossthreading is nature's locktite

Offline jd30005

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #379 on: April 09, 2020, 08:54:17 AM »

Everything I’ve heard says it’s not seasonal like the flu - so once it’s gone it should be gone. The antidote/vaccine (or everyone getting it) are the only 2 things that will eradicate it
Completely agree.  Once the shelter in place period passes it’s not like this thing is gone.  We all know the numbers being reported are understated because of lack of testing.

So, the question I have been wrestling with is when do I consider it “safe” to go back to normal.  For me, I will still be reluctant to get in planes and I expect to be limiting my travel for a few months.   I can also see the wearing of masks out in public persisting for several months.
John
Tube chassis/buggy

Online TravisMac

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #380 on: April 09, 2020, 08:58:45 AM »

Completely agree.  Once the shelter in place period passes it’s not like this thing is gone.  We all know the numbers being reported are understated because of lack of testing.

So, the question I have been wrestling with is when do I consider it “safe” to go back to normal.  For me, I will still be reluctant to get in planes and I expect to be limiting my travel for a few months.   I can also see the wearing of masks out in public persisting for several months.
Should be interesting to see how social interactions change (hand shaking, unnecessary in person meetings, teleworking, etc) after this is all over.

Travis Macdonald
Crossthreading is nature's locktite

Offline Blue J

• Visitor
« Reply #381 on: April 09, 2020, 08:59:14 AM »

Probably, It will come back in the Fall/Winter and last through Spring. Hopefully by then they have good treatments and a vaccine. Although I have heard 18 months being kicked around in regards of a vaccine.

I imagine 6' will become the norm as will face masks.

The 6' Space Rule can significantly change travel, education and entertainment.

I'm curious how airlines will adapt. Will seats be separated? That would make flights expensive.

A new AMC Theater was due to open in my area in April. AMC is now saying they may not recover from this.
Jimbo
'13 True Blue JK

Online Big Dave

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #382 on: April 09, 2020, 09:06:55 AM »
Some are saying that a shutdown like this could happen every 3 months until the virus is better handled.

Online Raisinhead

• Paco De Gallo
  • GATR STAFF
    • TJay Build Thread
« Reply #383 on: April 09, 2020, 09:12:40 AM »
Drive in movies are going to make a comeback.
Jay

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM