BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: COVID-19 Don't Panic!  (Read 9946 times)

Offline BigMike

• Visitor
Re: COVID-19 Don't Panic!
« Reply #420 on: April 15, 2020, 09:51:44 AM »
I saw that USPS is asking for money too as Trump works on a much larger package for airlines. Honest question - why do republicans dislike the post office? Why are they cast in a different light over other large businesses that are receiving money?

For example: Trump said he would reject the CARES act if it included money for the USPS. I can't find a straight answer on why that was.

Mismanaged organization that wastes money.  I've know people over the years that have tried to get hired on at USPS and unless someone knows someone, you can't get hired there.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2020, 09:52:19 AM by BigMike »

Online TravisMac

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #421 on: April 15, 2020, 10:01:00 AM »
I saw that USPS is asking for money too as Trump works on a much larger package for airlines. Honest question - why do republicans dislike the post office? Why are they cast in a different light over other large businesses that are receiving money?

For example: Trump said he would reject the CARES act if it included money for the USPS. I can't find a straight answer on why that was.

Mismanaged organization that wastes money.  I've know people over the years that have tried to get hired on at USPS and unless someone knows someone, you can't get hired there.
How is that different than most companies though? Google, Apple, etc.. are notoriously difficult to get jobs at, but I don't see the same level of animosity towards them (if anything its the opposite).

If it was funded by the government that would be one thing, but why does it matter if they "waste" money?
Travis Macdonald
Crossthreading is nature's locktite

Offline Blue J

• Visitor
« Reply #422 on: April 15, 2020, 11:09:04 AM »
trump wants the postal system to fail so no one can vote by mail in his failed re election bid. Big Mike is correct though they have need to ovehaul and change the postal system.  2-3 days per week and no weekends would save a lot of time and money.
In Atlanta you have to fit a certain socio economic profile to get a job there.

The bail outs of big businesses and airline has to stop. Those companies that don't keep prudent reserves need to fail. Taxpayer funding of businesses means we should own the businesses. They should be giving their stock to the taxpayers. I'm still waiting for my GM from 08 to show up.
Jimbo
'13 True Blue JK

Offline clark123456

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #423 on: April 15, 2020, 01:13:27 PM »
Jerry Seinfeld's view on the postal service...funny stuff: 
/>
My view:  I need the USPS so I can rig the election.  It worked well in 2016...uh.

Actually, it did work well for rigging an election in North Carolina...stinking Democrats humans always up to no good:  https://www.gq.com/story/north-carolina-ninth-district-fraud
Clark
1998 TJ Sahara

Offline Trailabite

• GATR STAFF
  • Need more parts!
    • Trailabite
« Reply #424 on: April 15, 2020, 02:32:34 PM »
trump wants the postal system to fail so no one can vote by mail in his failed re election bid. Big Mike is correct though they have need to ovehaul and change the postal system.  2-3 days per week and no weekends would save a lot of time and money.

The bail outs of big businesses and airline has to stop. Those companies that don't keep prudent reserves need to fail. Taxpayer funding of businesses means we should own the businesses. They should be giving their stock to the taxpayers. I'm still waiting for my GM from 08 to show up.

The USPS has been a problem for many years. With the new digital world, there's really no reason for them to exist. When's the last time anyone has sent a check in the mail to pay a bill? USPS is a drain on the federal government and should be privatized.

And these bailouts are loans, they are not free. The Fed's made over $15B from the $441.7B TARP program back in 2008. Saved millions of jobs and didn't cost taxpayers a dime.
Chuck & Sherry

*GET OUT OF KEVIN'S YARD*

Offline patman

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #425 on: April 15, 2020, 02:44:35 PM »
trump wants the postal system to fail so no one can vote by mail in his failed re election bid

Reminds me of the time he would never become the republican nominee in 2016. It also reminds me of the time he would never be able to beat Hillary. Or when he most definitely would be impeached. Or the other time he would definitely be impeached.

You might want to let this next one play out before you decide the result, Nostradamus

Offline kent10sne1

• Visitor
« Reply #426 on: April 15, 2020, 02:46:04 PM »
trump wants the postal system to fail so no one can vote by mail in his failed re election bid

Reminds me of the time he would never become the republican nominee in 2016. It also reminds me of the time he would never be able to beat Hillary. Or when he most definitely would be impeached. Or the other time he would definitely be impeached.

You might want to let this next one play out before you decide the result, Nostradamus

LOL thats great   [spectator2] lmao
Jeep Wrangler Sport JK 2012. //SKULL//
Kent Casey
37 PitBull Rocker's on ATX AX756 beadlock wheels
3.5FOX RESERVOIR COIL-OVER CONVERSION,5.13 Gears/Eaton Rear Locker
AtlasII 4.3.1 Dynatrac ProRock 44 Front Axle
MC Fenders & Sliders upgraded skids
http://www.gatrailriders.com/GTRForums/index.php/topic,15401.372.html

Online TravisMac

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #427 on: April 15, 2020, 02:49:13 PM »

The USPS has been a problem for many years. With the new digital world, there's really no reason for them to exist.

I almost use them exclusively for shipping. They're much faster and more reliable in my experience than FedEx and definitely better than UPS.
Travis Macdonald

Online TravisMac

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #428 on: April 15, 2020, 02:50:07 PM »

To be faaaiiiir he was impeached. He was not removed from office.
Travis Macdonald

Offline kent10sne1

• Visitor
« Reply #429 on: April 15, 2020, 03:01:44 PM »

To be faaaiiiir he was impeached. He was not removed from office.
to be more fair. Acquittal (not guilty). 
Kent Casey

Online TravisMac

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #430 on: April 15, 2020, 03:08:04 PM »
Sorry to break it to you, but contrary to fox news, he was impeached. He was aquitted in his trial in the Senate but he was not "acquitted of impeachment" - whatever that could possibly mean. You can't be found not guilty of impeachment.

https://www.senate.gov/civics/constitution_item/constitution.htm#a1_sec3
Travis Macdonald

Offline kent10sne1

• Visitor
« Reply #431 on: April 15, 2020, 03:15:40 PM »
Sorry to break it to you, but contrary to fox news, he was impeached. He was aquitted in his trial in the Senate but he was not "acquitted of impeachment" - whatever that could possibly mean. You can't be found not guilty of impeachment.

https://www.senate.gov/civics/constitution_item/constitution.htm#a1_sec3
back at you as the Impeachment was a crock and everyone knows it was/is 100% political.
Kent Casey

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM