BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Something to look at  (Read 529 times)

Offline Krawler00

• absent
  • C.O.R.E MEMBER
  • Psalm 40:2
Something to look at
« on: July 14, 2008, 09:45:58 PM »
Board is kinda dead today so figured I would post a few picks from my vacation. If you ever get a chance to visit and camp at Skidaway Park I highly recommend it. Very beautiful place and very clean. You can get a full hookup site for $25 a night! Water, cable tv, power and a BIG lot without being on top of people. There is not a bad spot at this park. Bathrooms are very clean also. Anyway, here are a few picks from Skidaway, Tybee and Savannah. Love Savannah and those massive live oaks and historic homes!

[attachment deleted by admin]
I've grown tired of this.

Chris Hyde

Re: Something to look at
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2008, 09:48:52 PM »
Very nice.  We just got back from our vacation in Destin.  The stud factor is high on the left.

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: July 14, 2008, 10:04:31 PM by Chris »

BigJerm

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2008, 10:04:51 PM »
I love Savannah! I am a history nerd so it fits... Last time meg and I were there we stayed at the Hyatt on the River and walked all over that town... I am bound and determined to find the old pirate tunnel entrance that runs from the river to under the Pirate House (closed up under the Pirate house). I have looked at a lot of maps and I got a general idea where...

Chris Hyde

« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2008, 10:07:14 PM »
Speaking of the Pirate House, when I was there as a 10 year old, they let me go to the dungeon and take a souvenir.  I took an old sword handle.

BigJerm

« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2008, 10:14:27 PM »
very cool... We got to go down in the basement on a ghost tour and it was very cool but I want to get in that tunnel! But the house has been around since the founding a Savannah so no telling how old the tunnel is and probably has collapsed

Offline Krawler00

• absent
  • C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2008, 11:19:36 AM »
I'm in for a spulunking expedition anyday. I would love to see down there. Chris was it a real sword handle or what? That is cool!

RotorHead

« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2008, 01:39:46 PM »
Looks like fun. Thanks for the pics.

BigJerm

« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2008, 03:19:14 PM »
well after some major research these past few months and getting a hold of some maps, satellite images (not much since it is a US Port so security) it seems a dead end. No one reports seeing the tunnel from the River and apparently at one point the city had to rebuild the side of the hill because it was "sinking" into the river.

From what I read there are several more tunnels. One under a black church that was used to free slaves that tied into the original pirate tunnel, several around the old hospitals to carry out the dead yellow fever victims (not sure I would want to be in those tunnels) and then rumor has it of a few under Forsyth park and the big cemetery has some as well. Ill keep up search.

ON a side note, anyone watch that show on the History channel (my favorite channel) with the guy who gets to go into underworld and see tunnels and such under cities. An episode I watched the other night he was in Belize in the old Myan (sp) ruins exploring in and under them…. how do I get his job?  ???

Offline Krawler00

• absent
  • C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2008, 03:45:02 PM »
Unfortunitely I do not get cable anymore. We cut down to the $10 a month cable which means I have not gotten to watch the Discovery channel in almost 1 year and a 1/2! AAAAHHHHH! I have seen that show Jerm, cool!

tgrt

« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2008, 04:13:37 PM »
Unfortunitely I do not get cable anymore. We cut down to the $10 a month cable which means I have not gotten to watch the Discovery channel in almost 1 year and a 1/2! AAAAHHHHH! I have seen that show Jerm, cool!

This is off topic, but I have been considering dropping cable alltogether too.  The only problem on our end is that it would mean no TV whatsoever unless I went with a bare bones connection which I don't know if it would be worth it.  (I have an older plasma TV with no tuner built-in.)  Last night was the first night since last weekend that I watched TV.  It felt kind of nice, and I really didn't miss it.

Offline Krawler00

• absent
  • C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2008, 09:11:04 PM »
Who is your carrier? You can drop down and still get some good channels. I get 30 or so. TLC, Spike, ABC family, Weather Channel, CNN and all the regulars. I am used to it as when I do happen to be around a tv with full hookups I spend more time flippin channels than watchin. It's good not to be addicted to it anyway. Spend time with the family more.

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM