BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Rugged mountain in Clayton Oklahoma  (Read 1977 times)

Offline TravisMac

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
Re: Rugged mountain in Clayton Oklahoma
« Reply #48 on: August 03, 2020, 04:18:29 PM »
Some of the trail rides I've been on...would have
been cool to have a film crew on. There has been
some bad ass video's of GATR members over the
years.

Does Allsouth have these capabilities? I mean, all they need to do is build a rig capable of following along. I'm sure we could get Busted Knuckle to join in on the fun......
They have a media guy now
Travis Macdonald
Crossthreading is nature's locktite

Offline thetastelingers

• Visitor
« Reply #49 on: August 04, 2020, 07:43:37 AM »
I'd be all in for a 24 hour GATR ride. There's no way I'd be doing stuff this wild, but if nothing else I'd be down as a spare set of hands when stuff inevitably breaks

After watching the first one at Windrock, I had wondered how good/bad it would be to do the 24 hour thing. Very interested.
I also don't think I would want to do extreme trails my first time either.
------------------------------------------------------------------
If at once you don't succeed, skydiving isn't for you.

Offline clark123456

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #50 on: August 04, 2020, 08:29:00 AM »
I'd be all in for a 24 hour GATR ride. There's no way I'd be doing stuff this wild, but if nothing else I'd be down as a spare set of hands when stuff inevitably breaks

After watching the first one at Windrock, I had wondered how good/bad it would be to do the 24 hour thing. Very interested.
So, a '24 Pergatory and Back'. 

I'd rather do 3 or 4 8-hour days instead of one 24 hour stretch...that would be hell on me, no doubt; I'll hand in my man card at the meet and greet.
Clark
1998 TJ Sahara

Offline jesseshoots

• Visitor
« Reply #51 on: August 04, 2020, 08:42:29 AM »

I'd rather do 3 or 4 8-hour days instead of one 24 hour stretch...that would be hell on me, no doubt; I'll hand in my man card at the meet and greet.
Lol! I feel like the "appeal" of any 24 hour challenge is what happens overnight. It's when everything you're used to changes and as a driver you have to completely re-learn how to do things.

I've been a car racing fan as long as I can remember and go to the 24h Daytona race every year. There's just something special about it in comparison to two day events

Offline thetastelingers

• Visitor
« Reply #52 on: August 04, 2020, 08:48:17 AM »

Lol! I feel like the "appeal" of any 24 hour challenge is what happens overnight. It's when everything you're used to changes and as a driver you have to completely re-learn how to do things.

I've been a car racing fan as long as I can remember and go to the 24h Daytona race every year. There's just something special about it in comparison to two day events

I love night wheeling. When I first started wheeling, that is all we would do. Was at Aetna almost every weekend. Starting when the sun went down. Sleep the next day. Problem now with kids, you can't sleep the next day. HAHA!
------------------------------------------------------------------
If at once you don't succeed, skydiving isn't for you.

Offline TravisMac

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #53 on: August 04, 2020, 08:56:18 AM »

I love night wheeling. When I first started wheeling, that is all we would do. Was at Aetna almost every weekend. Starting when the sun went down. Sleep the next day. Problem now with kids, you can't sleep the next day. HAHA!

No joke man. she can stay up 2 hours past bedtime and still wake up between 6:30-7am no matter what!

There's not much in the world I'd want to do for 24 hrs straight anymore
Travis Macdonald
Crossthreading is nature's locktite

Offline clark123456

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #54 on: August 04, 2020, 08:59:56 AM »

I am not opposed to night wheeling; it's the idea of 24 hours thing that gets me.  I'm glad they do it, and I'm really interested in the evening videos, but I can't see great decisions being made in the last 8 hours after wheeling for 16 hours.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Clark
1998 TJ Sahara

Online patman

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #55 on: August 04, 2020, 09:19:48 AM »

I am not opposed to night wheeling; it's the idea of 24 hours thing that gets me.  I'm glad they do it, and I'm really interested in the evening videos, but I can't see great decisions being made in the last 8 hours after wheeling for 16 hours.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Does that mean we're going to start making good decisions in the first 8 hours?

Offline 8lugLJ

• Visitor
  • Dont go away mad, just go away.
« Reply #56 on: August 04, 2020, 11:35:47 AM »

i fell like im a much better driver after midnight. @tcdawg agrees, he is too, he just runs shit over. like rhinos n stuff.
"The ones that matter dont mind and the ones that mind dont matter" -- Dr Seuss

"He's a man with an LJ. And thats all that really matters." -- JC79

Offline tcdawg

• Anthony Smooth
  • GATR STAFF
Rugged mountain in Clayton Oklahoma
« Reply #57 on: August 04, 2020, 12:22:00 PM »

i fell like im a much better driver after midnight. @tcdawg agrees, he is too, he just runs shit over. like rhinos n stuff.

whoops

In my defense... I wasn’t looking where I was going
« Last Edit: August 04, 2020, 06:06:59 PM by tcdawg »

Offline Mortalis5509

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #58 on: August 04, 2020, 07:01:20 PM »
I finally watched this.

- think would be fun to do a 24 hour challenge if your preped and have a rig built out right with spares

- the lady showing up with her junk broken is ridiculous. She acts like she is a little more special that what she is

- Ian getting pissed while everyone taking their IG famous pic, was rightly so. Everyone staring

- who shows up without a skid

- anyone wonder how well stickies do, this a great display

- Park looks fun, I would go. Its not dug out and has rock after rock

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Go DAWGS

Skinny Pedal Racing

Offline Chris36l

• Visitor
« Reply #59 on: August 04, 2020, 11:03:12 PM »

No joke man. she can stay up 2 hours past bedtime and still wake up between 6:30-7am no matter what!

There's not much in the world I'd want to do for 24 hrs straight anymore
This is my hell since the whole COVID lockdown. She stays up later now and still wakes my ass up at 6am.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM