BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: HVAC  (Read 562 times)

Offline Grass Janitor

• GATR STAFF
Re: HVAC
« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2020, 02:55:47 PM »
We did our upstairs unit through Costco about 6 years ago. Lennox system with a Nest thermostat, works great. They use a local company called 4 Seasons HVAC. They do preventative maintenance twice a year to maintain the warranty. We have been happy with them. Price was better than Coolray.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sam- Silver 2012 JKUR on 37s

Offline BigMike

• Visitor
« Reply #13 on: August 03, 2020, 03:04:07 PM »
Who's the best manufacturer these days? Years ago everything was Trane, are they still the best? Rheem? These are the only two I'm aware of.

Builder put in Rheem.  Replaced the first heat pump with American Standard (Trane Made in USA).  Replace gas furnace / A/C for first floor with Lennox.  Same unit for basement  They have a 10 year warranty.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2020, 03:04:53 PM by BigMike »

Offline msnajkowski

• Visitor
« Reply #14 on: August 03, 2020, 03:18:40 PM »
We did our upstairs unit through Costco about 6 years ago. Lennox system with a Nest thermostat, works great. They use a local company called 4 Seasons HVAC. They do preventative maintenance twice a year to maintain the warranty. We have been happy with them. Price was better than Coolray.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We just did the same thing this past October. Got a Costco gift card that paid for my new tires on the Jeep. Very easy process and very professional installers.
The best way to escape from a problem is to solve it. ~ Alan Saporta

Offline Trailabite

• GATR STAFF
  • Need more parts!
    • Trailabite
« Reply #15 on: August 03, 2020, 04:24:57 PM »
Who's the best manufacturer these days? Years ago everything was Trane, are they still the best? Rheem? These are the only two I'm aware of.

Builder put in Rheem.  Replaced the first heat pump with American Standard (Trane Made in USA).  Replace gas furnace / A/C for first floor with Lennox.  Same unit for basement  They have a 10 year warranty.

Looks like you have all manufactures lol. At the end of the day the're probably all coming from a main manufacturer and these guys are just slapping their sticker on them.
Chuck & Sherry

*GET OUT OF KEVIN'S YARD*

Offline clark123456

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #16 on: August 03, 2020, 04:47:04 PM »
Mine latest one was actually 2 years ago, not last year, for the first floor (above basement, under upstairs).  Below is what I got for a little over $5K.  I haven't had any issues, yet. 

Downstairs Equipment:
Ac 4TTR4030
Coil 4TXCB003DS
Furnace TUDIB080A936

Warranty:
Home comfort will give two years on the labor.
Trane will give ten years on all the parts including both coils and the compressor. The heat exchanger will have twenty years from Trane.

My upstairs was done about 10 years ago by Casteel, but I can't remember the cost (more than $5K, I know that).  In year 9 I had a problem, that they came and fixed with no problems (10 year warranty).  Casteel quoted me ~$8k for the downstairs unit ($12K minus $4k), which was Trane, VX80 (heat), XR14 (cool; 2.5T), but with a 10 year warranty, but I couldn't justify the extra cost for a warranty I may or may not use.

EDIT:  I may have paid a bit extra to get the super filter system (uses a massive air filter that only has to be changed once every 9 months).  As with anything convenient, the filters aren't cheap.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2020, 04:49:45 PM by clark123456 »
Clark
1998 TJ Sahara

Offline tcdawg

• Anthony Smooth
  • GATR STAFF
« Reply #17 on: August 03, 2020, 09:19:12 PM »
Chuck
We just replaced both our HVAC units this time last year.

Used Casteel, Lennox units

Very pleased w both Casteel, there 10 year parts and labor warranty and the Lennox units. 

Offline BigMike

• Visitor
« Reply #18 on: August 04, 2020, 10:52:38 AM »

Looks like you have all manufactures lol. At the end of the day the're probably all coming from a main manufacturer and these guys are just slapping their sticker on them.

Trane and Lennox are definitely not the same manufacturer.  My buddy in SC has been in HVAC for 35 years told me when we replaced ours that Lennox made very good units but sometimes parts are harder to get.

Offline Trailabite

• GATR STAFF
  • Need more parts!
    • Trailabite
« Reply #19 on: August 04, 2020, 11:32:37 AM »

Trane and Lennox are definitely not the same manufacturer.  My buddy in SC has been in HVAC for 35 years told me when we replaced ours that Lennox made very good units but sometimes parts are harder to get.

That's good. So far, the only company to call us back is the A team. They follow Comcast time schedule, should be here between 1pm and 5pm lol.
Chuck & Sherry

Offline BigMike

• Visitor
« Reply #20 on: August 04, 2020, 11:54:48 AM »

That's good. So far, the only company to call us back is the A team. They follow Comcast time schedule, should be here between 1pm and 5pm lol.

Let them know I referred you.  I might get a free pen or something LOL.

Offline Trailabite

• GATR STAFF
  • Need more parts!
    • Trailabite
« Reply #21 on: August 04, 2020, 01:30:44 PM »

Turns out it was just a bad NEST thermostat.
Chuck & Sherry

Offline BigMike

• Visitor
« Reply #22 on: August 04, 2020, 01:47:13 PM »

Wow!!!

Offline jd30005

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #23 on: August 04, 2020, 01:57:20 PM »

That is crazy.  My HVAC guy has always told me that the Nest tstats are crap and to avoid them  Now I know it's true.  Glad it was simple.
John
Tube chassis/buggy

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM