BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Chain Saws  (Read 742 times)

Offline Raisinhead

• Paco De Gallo
  • GATR STAFF
    • TJay Build Thread
Re: Chain Saws
« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2020, 08:31:37 AM »
This will likely be my next chainsaw. Haven’t decided if I’ll keep the gasser too. I don’t expect it to have the same power, but for the light use that I’d need it, I think it will be great.

I decided to get one of their battery powered blowers and have been blown away by them so far. 

FIFY
I literally typed that and deleted it. Haha
Jay

Offline clark123456

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2020, 08:34:42 AM »
I have the MS291...I couldn't get it cranked the last time I tried, so I switched to the electric chainsaw with the portable generator...not nearly as convienient, but it did work and was a lot less frustrating  :)
Lookin to sail that 291?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
well, everything is for sail, but I wasn't intending to do so.

I would let you borrow it for a couple of weeks, since that will force you to get it cranked for me!  I imagine it's just a matter of validating spark, and maybe a few drops of fuel mix in the cylinder.
Clark
1998 TJ Sahara

Offline TravisMac

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2020, 08:37:55 AM »
I have the MS291...I couldn't get it cranked the last time I tried, so I switched to the electric chainsaw with the portable generator...not nearly as convienient, but it did work and was a lot less frustrating  :)
Lookin to sail that 291?

I would let you borrow it for a couple of weeks, since that will force you to get it cranked for me!  I imagine it's just a matter of validating spark, and maybe a few drops of fuel mix in the cylinder.
Sorry Jay beat you to it. Thanks to my finicky pressure washer I've become a pro at repairing small engines. Welcome to bring it by once we move
Travis Macdonald
Crossthreading is nature's locktite

Offline Trailabite

• GATR STAFF
  • Need more parts!
    • Trailabite
« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2020, 08:41:06 AM »
Wait... there's seriously a law that you cant cut down a tree on your own property?

I've got a Husqvarna 455 rancher that's been great! Plenty of power for my needs and starts amazing with little effort over the last 3 years I've owned it.

Roswell city ordinance: And I was wrong on the size. No trees over 3".

Tree Removal Permit Packet Page 5 of 6 Effective July 1, 2019

TREE REMOVAL REGULATIONS

The Roswell Unified Development Code (UDC), Article 12 - Environmental Protection - Section 1 states that:  “No
person may remove, poison, damage, trim, or transplant any tree with a trunk diameter of three (3) inches in
diameter at breast height (DBH), which normally attains a mature height of fifteen (15) feet or more without first
obtaining a permit as provided in this UDC”.   

 You will be required to provide a Site, Tree Protection and Tree Replacement Plans, as applicable.   
 Trees to be removed including Specimen Trees will be field verified by the City Arborist.   
 The application must be approved and all fees paid prior to removal of any trees.
 Landscape replacement and maintenance bonds may be required as per Article 10.2.11 of the UDC, as applicable.
Chuck & Sherry

*GET OUT OF KEVIN'S YARD*

Offline Trailabite

• GATR STAFF
  • Need more parts!
    • Trailabite
« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2020, 08:43:22 AM »
Lookin to sail that 291?

Sorry Jay beat you to it. Thanks to my finicky pressure washer I've become a pro at repairing small engines. Welcome to bring it by once we move

You might be able to rent something from Home Depot.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2020, 08:59:16 AM by Trailabite »
Chuck & Sherry

Offline TravisMac

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2020, 08:47:35 AM »
Wait... there's seriously a law that you cant cut down a tree on your own property?

I've got a Husqvarna 455 rancher that's been great! Plenty of power for my needs and starts amazing with little effort over the last 3 years I've owned it.

Roswell city ordinance: And I was wrong on the size. No trees over 3".

Tree Removal Permit Packet Page 5 of 6 Effective July 1, 2019

TREE REMOVAL REGULATIONS

The Roswell Unified Development Code (UDC), Article 12 - Environmental Protection - Section 1 states that:  “No
person may remove, poison, damage, trim, or transplant any tree with a trunk diameter of three (3) inches in
diameter at breast height (DBH), which normally attains a mature height of fifteen (15) feet or more without first
obtaining a permit as provided in this UDC”.   

 You will be required to provide a Site, Tree Protection and Tree Replacement Plans, as applicable.   
 Trees to be removed including Specimen Trees will be field verified by the City Arborist.   
 The application must be approved and all fees paid prior to removal of any trees.
 Landscape replacement and maintenance bonds may be required as per Article 10.2.11 of the UDC, as applicable.
I'm just going to pretend I didn't read that and assume its the same as Brookhaven (6"). Don't tree narc on me Chuck!
Travis Macdonald

Offline j3ff3ry_j33p

• Visitor
« Reply #18 on: September 10, 2020, 08:52:53 AM »
Roswell doesn't allow cutting of trees, so not sure why you need a large chainsaw in the jeep. 

One of our neighbors received a fine for cutting trees down in his back yard last year. If the tree is less than 6" in diameter or is dead your ok to cut. it most likely would not have been an issue if another neighbor would not have reported him.

geez.
that place , like everywhere I suppose , has sure changed. Wife & I lived on Hillcrest in Roswell for 3-4 years and I used to cut trees for people cause I was "the dude w chainsaw" ... I remember chainsawing trees felled by hurricane Opal & that huge ce storm back in early 90s when I lived down in Inman Park, one for Bill Campbell , iirc...

reporting neighbors for chainsaw use in Georgia sounds like a lame attempt at humor. smh
Jeffery
ºlllllllº '11 JKUs
▀lllllll▀ '95 XJ

Offline Bruce

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #19 on: September 10, 2020, 09:04:52 AM »
lots of early morning talk about the size of wood

Bruce
03 TJR
04.5 Dodge CTD
05 LJR
2017 JKU

Offline Trailabite

• GATR STAFF
  • Need more parts!
    • Trailabite
« Reply #20 on: September 10, 2020, 09:05:29 AM »

I'm just going to pretend I didn't read that and assume its the same as Brookhaven (6"). Don't tree narc on me Chuck!

It doesn't say anything about winching them out!
Chuck & Sherry

Offline TravisMac

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #21 on: September 10, 2020, 09:11:46 AM »

It doesn't say anything about winching them out!
We took down a tree at our old house in sandy springs that way, it was obviously pretty small, but so is 3 inches (no offense @clark123456) "I was just respooling the winch and the tree uprooted"
Travis Macdonald

Offline jd30005

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #22 on: September 10, 2020, 09:21:38 AM »
This will likely be my next chainsaw. Haven’t decided if I’ll keep the gasser too. I don’t expect it to have the same power, but for the light use that I’d need it, I think it will be great.

I decided to get one of their battery powered blowers and have been very impressed so far. 

Jay, Jay, Jay.  Battery operated yard equipment?  Really?  I'll stick with my Stihl combustion engine gear.  ;-)
John
Tube chassis/buggy

Offline Raisinhead

• Paco De Gallo
  • GATR STAFF
    • TJay Build Thread
« Reply #23 on: September 10, 2020, 09:47:55 AM »

I decided to get one of their battery powered blowers and have been very impressed so far. 

Jay, Jay, Jay.  Battery operated yard equipment?  Really?  I'll stick with my Stihl combustion engine gear.  ;-)
Don’t worry, still keeping my stihl backpack blower for the fall. I originally picked up the makita for the kids to use on the trampoline and small jobs. Added bonus was an excuse to get 4 - 5amp batteries.
Jay

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM