BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Traveling to Cleveland GA 10/16-10/21 Looking to get dirty  (Read 127 times)

Offline reign357

• Visitor
Traveling to Cleveland GA 10/16-10/21 Looking to get dirty
« on: October 02, 2020, 07:33:37 PM »
Hey everyone, new on the forum and appreciate the access. The wife and I will be traveling from Florida to Cleveland, GA (near Helen) for our anniversary 10/16-10/21 - We will be in a stock 2019 Rubicon and looking to hit a few fun trails while we are in the mountains (whats a mountain)
If anyone knows  of crew that would be riding that weekend or week or suggestions for trails, we are all ears. Was looking at Beasley Knob and Tray Mountain but unsure of the current conditions. Also interested in the Dragon Eyes adventure. We will be solo and its always better to link up with other Jeepers

Any advice would sure be appreciated, send a direct message or reply here. Thanks again everyone

Offline Grass Janitor

• GATR STAFF
Re: Traveling to Cleveland GA 10/16-10/21 Looking to get dirty
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2020, 05:48:54 PM »
The “fun side” of Tray is closed.

As long as it’s dry Beasley would be great for a stock Rubicon. You’ve probably seen they update the status on the website and you can call to double check. If it rains they close.

Charlie’s Creek is a beautiful ride with a nice creek crossing at the start. Dick’s Creek is also cool.

There are lots of forest service roads, search this forum, the web, and YouTube and you’ll find lots of info. If you end up out on your own they’re tame enough you’d be fine especially if you have a winch.

We have an open ride at Gulches and a CORE ride several hours away that weekend so most GATR members will likely be at one of those rides. You’re welcome to join us at Gulches.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sam- Silver 2012 JKUR on 37s

Offline j3ff3ry_j33p

• Visitor
Re: Traveling to Cleveland GA 10/16-10/21 Looking to get dirty
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2020, 09:53:47 PM »
my folks lived about 10 minutes from blairsville for 15 years 'til this year. I would go to beasley knob a couple times a year for a decade. It's a great place

simple , level I us forest service Jeep and 4x4 / motorcycle/ quad trail. Those are extra rare East of the big river , so there's that , too.

I think this was beasley about 7 yrs ago , heh...nice "aux lights" ... [rolleyes]

it's totally doable . iirc, up 95a is fun and rattlesnake ridge is off of 93? There's a rock garden that someone said rain has actually made a little fun. I ran it in a stock sahara unlimited, aired down & using BLD like I was FCA's b***h the whole way. Lotsa yellow jackets b4 1st frost up there. It's too cold for snakes now.
your Rubicon at that place will make you feel like it was worth paying all that $$$ for it. Have fun.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2020, 10:00:16 PM by j3ff3ry_j33p »
Jeffery
ºlllllllº '11 JKUs
▀lllllll▀ '95 XJ

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM