BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Moving, not moving! MOVING!  (Read 3790 times)

Offline clark123456

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
Re: Moving, not moving! MOVING!
« Reply #36 on: November 05, 2020, 05:50:23 PM »

We have 3 full price offers already and we still have 2 more showings. This is freaking nuts.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Solid!

Where are y'all going to move?  Does mighty mo stay with the house?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
We're back on to moving to Clarksville TN. Corporate gave in and wrote a letter letting me work from anywhere in the US.

Anywhere in the US and you chose Clarksville, TN...SMH!

Clark
1998 TJ Sahara

Offline Trailabite

• GATR STAFF
  • Need more parts!
    • Trailabite
« Reply #37 on: November 05, 2020, 05:50:28 PM »
Sell while you can! We are on an unsustainable housing market path IMO (regardless of election results). 

I am trying to get my parents to sell now instead in say 3 years when their house will be worth less and slower to sell.
Could they rent if they sold? Depending on the house they could grab a decent amount of cash to invest.

Chuck & Sherry

*GET OUT OF KEVIN'S YARD*

Offline Trailabite

• GATR STAFF
  • Need more parts!
    • Trailabite
« Reply #38 on: November 05, 2020, 05:51:58 PM »

We have 3 full price offers already and we still have 2 more showings. This is freaking nuts.

Solid!

We're back on to moving to Clarksville TN. Corporate gave in and wrote a letter letting me work from anywhere in the US.

Lol, that's where the grand kids are at. Plus its close to the lakes and decent hunting grounds.

Chuck & Sherry

Offline clark123456

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #39 on: November 05, 2020, 05:53:13 PM »

Solid!

Lol, that's where the grand kids are at. Plus its close to the lakes and decent hunting grounds.

Yeah...I couldn't think of anywhere I'd like to move in the US (that I could afford), so I'd stay in Kennesaw.

Clark
1998 TJ Sahara

Offline Scott F.

• Visitor
« Reply #40 on: November 05, 2020, 06:46:59 PM »
Sell while you can! We are on an unsustainable housing market path IMO (regardless of election results). 

I am trying to get my parents to sell now instead in say 3 years when their house will be worth less and slower to sell.
Could they rent if they sold? Depending on the house they could grab a decent amount of cash to invest.

My parents are late 70s pushing 80. They need to (well they don’t realize they need to but...) downsize to a single level home from the 2 story on 5.5 acres they have been in since ‘77. So yea there is a lot of equity sitting there.

Offline Anvilsam

• Rowdy
  • Visitor
« Reply #41 on: November 05, 2020, 06:54:04 PM »

My parents are late 70s pushing 80. They need to (well they don’t realize they need to but...) downsize to a single level home from the 2 story on 5.5 acres they have been in since ‘77. So yea there is a lot of equity sitting there.
Do they have a trust setup for their assets?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Trailabite

• GATR STAFF
  • Need more parts!
    • Trailabite
« Reply #42 on: November 05, 2020, 07:13:21 PM »
Received an offer that I cannot pass up. Closing December 10.

Chuck & Sherry

Online patman

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #43 on: November 05, 2020, 08:38:39 PM »

My parents are a similar age and did this a few years ago. They are in Sun City Center, FL, now with the rest of the aging boomers. No lawn work, no pool maintenance, and just a small 1 floor house that's easy to maintain. Plus a very active neighborhood to keep them busy. They now have several relatives on my moms side that live on the same street

Offline Trailabite

• GATR STAFF
  • Need more parts!
    • Trailabite
« Reply #44 on: November 05, 2020, 09:26:56 PM »

My parents are a similar age and did this a few years ago. They are in Sun City Center, FL, now with the rest of the aging boomers. No lawn work, no pool maintenance, and just a small 1 floor house that's easy to maintain. Plus a very active neighborhood to keep them busy. They now have several relatives on my moms side that live on the same street
This would be cool, but in Moab, in a jeep community lol.

Chuck & Sherry

Online TravisMac

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #45 on: November 05, 2020, 09:31:02 PM »

You could probably find a jeep community in Florida. But it would be a lot of angry eyes grills, halo headlights, and stickers with the jeep name...
Travis Macdonald
Crossthreading is nature's locktite

Offline Scott F.

• Visitor
« Reply #46 on: November 06, 2020, 07:45:13 AM »

Do they have a trust setup for their assets?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No trust. Just will.

Offline Scott F.

• Visitor
« Reply #47 on: November 06, 2020, 07:48:03 AM »

Does Moab have all the medical offices that you old people need? 😆

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM