BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Train Test  (Read 158 times)

Offline Trailabite

• GATR STAFF
  • Need more parts!
    • Trailabite
Train Test
« on: November 24, 2020, 10:14:17 AM »
When we finish our construction we have to perform one final test before we turn the system over to the owner and that's called a pull off test. We take two trains, side by side, and from a dead stop both trains hit full throttle and take off. Usually a breaker will trip in this system, but sometimes we get it right on the first try.

Chuck & Sherry

*GET OUT OF KEVIN'S YARD*

Offline Jeepster1407

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
Re: Train Test
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2020, 10:34:16 AM »
That's awesome. Where I work we occasionally make substations for Siemens Transportation for these light rail transit just like the one you finished.
Most LCOG Builds are like a fat girl in Yoga Pants, just cause it fits doesn't mean it works...

Offline Raisinhead

• Paco De Gallo
  • GATR STAFF
    • TJay Build Thread
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2020, 11:37:37 AM »
That’s cool! Thanks for sharing
Jay

Offline j3ff3ry_j33p

• Visitor
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2020, 10:30:22 AM »
When we finish our construction we have to perform one final test before we turn the system over to the owner and that's called a pull off test. We take two trains, side by side, and from a dead stop both trains hit full throttle and take off. Usually a breaker will trip in this system, but sometimes we get it right on the first try.

is the breaker trip indicative of further investigation of the circuit capacity necessaryor is that the desired outcome of a pull-off?
I am asking ( poorly), if the goal is to have both at full throttle out & stsy even w/ one another?

that's a really really cool job. trains are awesome

(edit: I didn't understand what was supposed to happen but piqued my curiosity )
« Last Edit: December 05, 2020, 05:57:40 PM by j3ff3ry_j33p »
Jeffery
ºlllllllº '11 JKUs
▀lllllll▀ '95 XJ

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM