BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Stock Market  (Read 978 times)

Offline Mortalis5509

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
Stock Market
« on: January 25, 2021, 09:39:40 AM »
See if this thread takes off. Just general discussion about individual stock, funds, or whatever.

Semi conductor manufacturing cannot keep up with the current demand and stocks / companies around that area are sky rocketing. I have been in UMC for around 2.5 months and its doubled in that time. Currently at $10.55 a share as of this post. It's been called the new AMD. I was dumb last year in Feb and sold my AMD at $45 and its double that now.

I want to learn option trading if anyone has good reading material or knows how to do it.

KO hasn't missed a dividen in 40 something years but its staying pretty flat. Sugar price in a way dictates coke price some. Usually what sugar does, coke stock will mimic it to a degree within 6 months.

NIO is doing well in the hybrid area.

What will Tesla do? I have 2 shares but made dang good off 2 shares.

Amazon making me mad. I thought it would pop due less black Friday and Christmas shopping but hasn't. Not sure what to do with it. Wish it would split to bring down the entry point.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Go DAWGS

Skinny Pedal Racing

Offline patman

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
Re: Stock Market
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2021, 10:44:36 AM »
I don't have patience/time/dedication needed for option trading, but my wife picked it up over the past year and has been having fun and some success with it. Wall Street Bets on reddit has a lot of action if you want to chat real time or just read what others are doing.

I like index funds for sectors with a lot of growth but no real winners yet. PRNT is a 3d printing ETF I'm currently holding

SPCE and TSLA are doing good. DKNG did very well for me last year, but peaked last fall.

Offline TravisMac

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2021, 11:21:14 AM »
I don't have patience/time/dedication needed for option trading, but my wife picked it up over the past year and has been having fun and some success with it. Wall Street Bets on reddit has a lot of action if you want to chat real time or just read what others are doing.
GME and BBBY - these short squeezes are hilarious. Good lesson for some of these hedge fund managers about exposure

For those out of the loop: https://www.cnbc.com/2021/01/25/cramer-sees-wallstreetbets-investors-vs-hedge-funds-as-a-new-paradigm.html
Travis Macdonald
Crossthreading is nature's locktite

Offline patman

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2021, 11:56:08 AM »
GME and BBBY - these short squeezes are hilarious. Good lesson for some of these hedge fund managers about exposure

For those out of the loop: https://www.cnbc.com/2021/01/25/cramer-sees-wallstreetbets-investors-vs-hedge-funds-as-a-new-paradigm.html

Gamestop is hilarious, even though I think it's dumb that physical retail locations even exist.

We talked this morning about whether or not it was too late to jump in to the BBBY fold since it was up something like 30% premarket

Offline TravisMac

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2021, 12:31:27 PM »

Gamestop is hilarious, even though I think it's dumb that physical retail locations even exist.

We talked this morning about whether or not it was too late to jump in to the BBBY fold since it was up something like 30% premarket
its coming back down now. Good time to pick some up but they're not as over-shorted as GME was (GME had 144% of total shares sitting out in short option contracts)
Travis Macdonald

Offline 8lugLJ

• Visitor
  • Dont go away mad, just go away.
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2021, 01:56:32 PM »
yeah, nah. ill not be back in this thread, i just feel dumber after reading
"The ones that matter dont mind and the ones that mind dont matter" -- Dr Seuss

"He's a man with an LJ. And thats all that really matters." -- JC79

Offline Mortalis5509

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2021, 02:33:37 PM »
Ask questions. Honestly meant as a place to learn. Place to make money and invest in your future.

If I've found a good stock, ill share it.

Go DAWGS

Skinny Pedal Racing

Offline TravisMac

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2021, 02:46:32 PM »
Amazon making me mad. I thought it would pop due less black Friday and Christmas shopping but hasn't. Not sure what to do with it. Wish it would split to bring down the entry point.

AMZN is a mature stock. Things like black friday/Christmas shopping are part of their normal business and priced in. You won't see major swings in an established company like this outside of acquisitions, or new large contracts (for them, something like shipping contracts). But definitely not a "quick hit" stock with lots of volatility, but should offer long term steady growth. AAPL is another you should keep shares of for a long time.
Travis Macdonald

Offline BigMike

• Visitor
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2021, 03:02:31 PM »

I know about a lot of things, but the stock market isn't one of them.  I've had the same investment guy for over 15 years and he consistently yield a very nice ROI while managing risk.  I'm extremely happy with our current portfolio and retirements plans.

Good luck gents!

Offline Trailabite

• GATR STAFF
  • Need more parts!
    • Trailabite
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2021, 03:30:59 PM »

I know about a lot of things, but the stock market isn't one of them.  I've had the same investment guy for over 15 years and he consistently yield a very nice ROI while managing risk.  I'm extremely happy with our current portfolio and retirements plans.

Good luck gents!
Same here.

My experience says you need extra cash, time and knowledge!

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: January 25, 2021, 03:33:16 PM by Trailabite »
Chuck & Sherry

*GET OUT OF KEVIN'S YARD*

Offline clark123456

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2021, 04:00:58 PM »
I day traded with spare money as an activity early during Rona...but eventually got out of it as I couldn't tell if it was going to boom or bust...the stress was too much, even with play money.  I did make a few bucks on it...and it'll be interesting to see how much I give to the government during tax season.  Several of the stocks I bought and sold have done very well since I quit playing...would have doubled money on some of them.

Now I buy things I use (Google, Starbucks, Intel, Heinz Kraft (what a loser of a stock), etc) with some rollover retirement cash.

New money goes into Vanguard index funds.

A guy at work plays with options, and has a formula that works for him.  He says that it takes him an hour or so every morning to get his stuff setup for the day, and then go goes on to real work.  Says he makes money, but keeps grounded on how much to invest.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Clark
1998 TJ Sahara

Offline Mortalis5509

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2021, 07:28:08 PM »
Robinhood is not bad to play in. I have that along with a traditional brokerage account. They now allow you to buy partial shares, say if you have $20 and not the full $50 a share they let you buy  with the $20.

If anyone wants to play on Robinhood, I can give you a link where we both get a free share of stock.

Go DAWGS

Skinny Pedal Racing

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM