BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Beasley trip report  (Read 2429 times)

BigJerm

Beasley trip report
« on: July 19, 2008, 07:34:27 PM »
O what a good time. Just got home. Had some damage, 2 people has a flop, Jon and Knucklehead. We went down what I guess is Rattle Snake hill? Not sure but it was a hell of a time (thats where the flops were). Then we went down another trail that was a blast. Some of you original members probably remember our first ride there when Mat had the Durango. Remember the one hill we climbed out and then Jeff (name? 4 door black Rubicon on 35's with prego wife) tried to climb a ledge and couldnt we all turned around.... yeah we came down that trail and it would be awesome to go back up.

Big thanks to Ben for spot work for everyone and the winch work to get folks right side.

Dave, awesome directing to get the 2 flops back over.

Jon, I got your pulley block, we had it up at Ben's jeep while turning you over. I grabbed it so it wouldnt get left behind but forgot to give it to you.

Knucklehead, good to meet you, glad we got your Jeep back over!

As for me.... love the lockers, love the manual transmission, dont love the long, low belly. Got to get it up ASAP! Never got stuck but I rubbed a lot with the skids.

Pictures to follow!  nln

Offline Jimmy

• Visitor
Re: Beasley trip report
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2008, 07:49:19 PM »
Sounds fun! Post pictures foo!
- Jimmy
I'm thinkin' with my dipstick!

BigJerm

« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2008, 08:19:15 PM »
Pictures!
http://s72.photobucket.com/albums/i189/JermTib05/Beasley%20July/

Met this guy as we were going in... yeah he realized quickly the trails were to small for this:

Ben climbing:

Ben flexing:

The first flop:

Second Flop:

Dave showin off the next lift:

And rockin it out. I tried a new thing to blur the side, focus the middle, worked perfect!

Chris Hyde

« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2008, 08:45:30 PM »
How did the flops occur?

Offline Xterra

• Visitor
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2008, 08:47:24 PM »
 :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X
2006 Nissan Xterra

1992 Jeep YJ

Offline Xterra

• Visitor
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2008, 08:49:34 PM »
haha, aight, for me, my front driver tire went first over the ledge which brought my back passenger tire up. my front passenger tire went up the bank which caused it to flip onto the driver side. its was a SLLLOWWWWWWWWWW flop. %)
2006 Nissan Xterra

1992 Jeep YJ

Offline DILYSI Dave

• Visitor
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2008, 08:50:07 PM »
O what a good time. Just got home. Had some damage, 2 people has a flop, Jon and Knucklehead. We went down what I guess is Rattle Snake hill?

Good time indeed.  I'm 99% sure the hill isn't named, but the peak we were coming off of was Blue Knob or Blue Rock.

We skipped Rattlesnake.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2008, 09:25:04 PM by DILYSI Dave »

BigJerm

« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2008, 08:52:46 PM »
How did the flops occur?

Well Jon explained his (i missed it). Knucklehead flipped where those pictures of him on 3 wheels is at. He back out, driver front was off the ground, cut the wheel the other way and his back passenger sunk down. I think he jeep slipped out of 4wd, he went backwards and rolled over on his side. Thank god it stopped...

Offline Krawler00

• absent
  • C.O.R.E MEMBER
  • Psalm 40:2
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2008, 09:19:37 PM »
Ok, home now. I made great time 1.40 hours to home, Then had to go out and pick up the little ones and do the bedtime route. SSSSSSSSSSSSOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO what can I say but what a heck of a day! Had a blast and would like to go back to go up the flop hill. I like the sound of that. It was a good trail almost like schoolbus but not as long. Good ledges to try and good size rocks to mow down... Jerm ::) But nobody got hurt and we all drove out. I put the mile marker to the test today. Worked flawlessly for those who be hatin on the markers :D The one shot of the front of my jeep face on was right before I told Jerm to GET ON THE BUMPER! I could feel it starting to go over and I was puckering. :-* Chris, you should consider a trip out just for that trail. It will be awesome to go back up it. Like I said, little schoolbus trail. I will have to post pics monday as the cord I need is at work. >:( Jerm. love the rockin pick! Turned out awesome! Glad to meet the Davester and what a recovery team we make. Everyone helped!
I've grown tired of this.

BigJerm

« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2008, 09:22:51 PM »
cant wait for your pictures. Mine dont show a lot of the trail going down but you atleast took some of my Jeep coming down.

I have to add, there was a lot more exposed rock this time around so it wasnt just a plain dirt hill climb. The climb that mat over heated on isnt just dirt anymore, a little rock now.

BigJerm

« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2008, 09:46:38 PM »
hey Ben are your legs dead tired after walking those trails? Mine are.

Offline Krawler00

• absent
  • C.O.R.E MEMBER
  • Psalm 40:2
« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2008, 09:59:21 PM »
Yeah, I got a good cardio workout today! Next time we bring the bikes! ;D
I've grown tired of this.

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM