BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: GM to end combustion vehicles by 2035  (Read 232 times)

Offline Scott F.

• Visitor
GM to end combustion vehicles by 2035
« on: January 28, 2021, 11:56:27 AM »

Offline Trailabite

• GATR STAFF
  • Need more parts!
    • Trailabite
Re: GM to end combustion vehicles by 2035
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2021, 12:32:25 PM »
Let's see how long it takes for Ford and Chrysler to announce the same.
Chuck & Sherry

*GET OUT OF KEVIN'S YARD*

Offline jd30005

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2021, 01:00:25 PM »
I call BS on this one.  I'll believe it when I see it.
John
Tube chassis/buggy

Offline ILOVEDIRT

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2021, 01:28:53 PM »
When i was at the Chevy dealer they had been talking this move for years already.  It’s easier for them to meet the newer emissions standards with electric vehicles than some of the crazy engines they have been designing to be more efficient. 
Drew Mumford

Offline Trailabite

• GATR STAFF
  • Need more parts!
    • Trailabite
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2021, 02:25:00 PM »
I call BS on this one.  I'll believe it when I see it. "

"Bentley, which is owned by Germany's Volkswagen, plans to switch its model range to offer only plug-in hybrid and electric cars by 2026. By 2030, the car maker plans to switch its entire lineup to fully electric vehicles with zero-carbon exhaust emissions. America is changing faster than ever!"

"Is Ford going all electric by 2035?
Ford has since backed California's recent moves to shift to only zero-emission car sales by 2035, essentially barring new gas-powered car sales by that year. Gov. Gavin Newsom, a Democrat, signed the executive order establishing the target on the hood of a bright red Ford electric Mustang!"

It's gonna happen! lol
Chuck & Sherry

Online 8lugLJ

• Visitor
  • Dont go away mad, just go away.
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2021, 03:46:34 PM »
Because changing the average mans car will change the climate, but who cares how or where the material is mined and manufactured, or how to dispose of the waste. As long as it looks good to the average blue consumer its all in the name of making the world a better, safer, more unified place. Unity. Unify. Unification. Adderall.
"The ones that matter dont mind and the ones that mind dont matter" -- Dr Seuss

"He's a man with an LJ. And thats all that really matters." -- JC79

Offline BigMike

• Visitor
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2021, 03:58:48 PM »
Because changing the average mans car will change the climate, but who cares how or where the material is mined and manufactured, or how to dispose of the waste. As long as it looks good to the average blue consumer its all in the name of making the world a better, safer, more unified place. Unity. Unify. Unification. Adderall.

I still plan to make noise and pollute the air.  F* the climate change nutballs.

Offline Trailabite

• GATR STAFF
  • Need more parts!
    • Trailabite
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2021, 04:24:52 PM »
I don't really know if one is better than the other when it comes to the climate but, I do think the electric technology is freakin awesome. It may be because I play with electric trains and I see first hand the power/torque these electric motors can produce.
Chuck & Sherry

Offline Scott F.

• Visitor
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2021, 05:00:08 PM »
I don't really know if one is better than the other when it comes to the climate but, I do think the electric technology is freakin awesome. It may be because I play with electric trains and I see first hand the power/torque these electric motors can produce.

This. Trains and large ships come to mind.  I have had a concept in my head for awhile of the gas/electric buggy I will hopefully get around to building one day. 

Offline tcdawg

• Anthony Smooth
  • GATR STAFF
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2021, 05:09:32 PM »

This. Trains and large ships come to mind.  I have had a concept in my head for awhile of the gas/electric buggy I will hopefully get around to building one day.
There is a team that will be racing an electric car at Hammers next week.  IFS Four Runner. Full Electric

Offline Trailabite

• GATR STAFF
  • Need more parts!
    • Trailabite
Chuck & Sherry

Offline Trailabite

• GATR STAFF
  • Need more parts!
    • Trailabite
« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2021, 05:47:07 PM »

It's just a motor and batteries!
Chuck & Sherry

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM