BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Gun crazy  (Read 289 times)

Offline BigMike

• Visitor
Gun crazy
« on: February 11, 2021, 05:17:18 PM »
I'm happy for the gun and ammo manufacturers, but damn, the market is completely crazy.  I was looking at ammo prices just for the hell of it today and 1000 rounds of 9mm is $795!  It was $179 18 months ago.  Then I went to look at some guns on different sites and there isn't much in stock and if something decent is in stock, plan on paying a hefty premium.  I've watch the market inflate since COVID but a little surprised where it is now.

It would suck to be someone that just realized they should own a gun and going out to buy their first one.  I'm glad I have all that I need but still have a wish list of stuff I'd like to have.  Glad I have room in the safe for all of my ammo because it's worth almost as much as the guns.  Damn.

Offline flashover101

• Visitor
Re: Gun crazy
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2021, 06:29:16 PM »
I’d be willing to sell some of mine and make a huge profit!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mike
2014 JK

Offline msnajkowski

• Visitor
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2021, 07:45:26 AM »
I'm happy for the gun and ammo manufacturers, but damn, the market is completely crazy.  I was looking at ammo prices just for the hell of it today and 1000 rounds of 9mm is $795!  It was $179 18 months ago.  Then I went to look at some guns on different sites and there isn't much in stock and if something decent is in stock, plan on paying a hefty premium.  I've watch the market inflate since COVID but a little surprised where it is now.

It would suck to be someone that just realized they should own a gun and going out to buy their first one.  I'm glad I have all that I need but still have a wish list of stuff I'd like to have.  Glad I have room in the safe for all of my ammo because it's worth almost as much as the guns.  Damn.

I agree. I would like to add to what I have but DAMN. I just had a friend ask if I wanted to by some of his .223 because he was getting rid of it to just have 556. So I just picked up 450 rnds for $200. So I have a little more reserves.
The best way to escape from a problem is to solve it. ~ Alan Saporta

Offline BigMike

• Visitor
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2021, 09:41:51 AM »
I watched ammo prices drop like a rock and kept thinking I should buy once a month and didn't.  Not making the same mistakes with magazines, especially high capacity.  Bought 4 more for my G19 and 4 Magpul AR-15 30 round mags which gives me 14 AR mags now.

The looney left will attempt to put more and more restrictions on legal gun owners.
https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing-room/statements-releases/2021/02/14/statement-by-the-president-three-years-after-the-parkland-shooting/

« Last Edit: February 15, 2021, 09:44:36 AM by BigMike »

Offline Mortalis5509

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2021, 10:29:33 AM »
I watched ammo prices drop like a rock and kept thinking I should buy once a month and didn't.  Not making the same mistakes with magazines, especially high capacity.  Bought 4 more for my G19 and 4 Magpul AR-15 30 round mags which gives me 14 AR mags now.

The looney left will attempt to put more and more restrictions on legal gun owners.
https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing-room/statements-releases/2021/02/14/statement-by-the-president-three-years-after-the-parkland-shooting/

I bought 6 recently and will keep adding a few every now and then.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Go DAWGS

Skinny Pedal Racing

Offline tjsahara00

• GATR STAFF
  • Staying on the porch now days!
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2021, 06:55:14 PM »
I picked up 5 more 30 round magazines for my AR
This are made by Ammend 2 $9.99 each....has some
pretty good reviews
Kevin Pool