BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Getting in shape 2021  (Read 480 times)

Offline Trailabite

• GATR STAFF
  • Need more parts!
    • Trailabite
Getting in shape 2021
« on: March 31, 2021, 08:37:02 AM »
How has COVID-19 effected you?

I haven't worked out since my CrossFit gym closed March of last year. My wife and I finally joined a new gym that 7 minutes from our house and hired a trainer to try and get rid of this "Truck Driver's Ass" that I grew this past year.
Chuck & Sherry

*GET OUT OF KEVIN'S YARD*

Offline tjsahara00

• GATR STAFF
  • Staying on the porch now days!
Re: Getting in shape 2021
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2021, 10:45:31 AM »
Yea I need to start walking ......
Not liking the first six months of being 60 years old.
Looks like I have sleep apnea...waiting on test results.
Gonna have eye surgery for cataract, glaucoma, and
repair my vision in May.
Kevin Pool
2016 JKU Sport
2000 TJ Sahara (RIP)

Offline Trailabite

• GATR STAFF
  • Need more parts!
    • Trailabite
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2021, 10:54:00 AM »
repair my vision in May.

Todays technology can bring bring you back 45 lol.
Chuck & Sherry

Online jd30005

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2021, 10:56:14 AM »
When things hit hard last March I invested in some home gym equipment and free weights and a nice Body Solid Smith machine - https://www.bodysolid.com/home/gs348q/body-solid_series_7_smith_machine

I've been working out consistently and have lost about 20 lbs and 4 inches off my waist and continue to try and keep my old bones in some sort of shape.  I have always been a big believer in "old school" pushups and do at least 100 every day. 
John
Tube chassis/buggy

Offline tjsahara00

• GATR STAFF
  • Staying on the porch now days!
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2021, 11:22:16 AM »
repair my vision in May.

Sound like the intro to the Six Million Dollar Man
Kevin Pool
2016 JKU Sport
2000 TJ Sahara (RIP)

Online jd30005

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2021, 11:40:09 AM »
repair my vision in May.

Sound like the intro to the Six Million Dollar Man
Bionic eye time...
John
Tube chassis/buggy

Offline msnajkowski

• Visitor
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2021, 11:42:09 AM »
When Covid hit, our CrossFit closed for the mandated time. Once we could reopen, we did. I did some workouts at home but very few. Need the push from others to motivate me. I have also started running again. trying to do at least two races a month. SO far the longest I've done this year is a half Marathon trail race.
The best way to escape from a problem is to solve it. ~ Alan Saporta

Offline BigMike

• Visitor
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2021, 01:18:15 PM »
When I had heart surgery in last November, I went into the hospital at an all time high of 237lbs.  During the hellish 10 day experience, when I was released, I was around 218, frail, and using a walker.  I didn't have a big appetite and ate small portions and continued to lose weight.  I hit the bottom at 211lbs.  I went from BigFatMike to ScrawnySicklyMike.  I had to walk each day which I've kept up since then.  I started cardiac rehab 2 weeks after I got home and used exercise bands.  Fast forward and I've developed a great workout using exercise bands, 90% or more of the muscle is back, and I've been able to maintain around 215.  It's getting harder and I have to be diligent, but I feel so much better and finally back to the weight I need to be.  I've been lifting weights most of my life and I'm shocked at how effective the bands have been. 

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B085ZTRH5V/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The handles that came with the bands sucked so I bought these.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08MV6LPWN/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Offline Blue J

• Visitor
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2021, 04:53:26 PM »
repair my vision in May.

I have Sleep Apnea and use a Cpap. Helps me sleep so much better and no more getting tired in the afternoons. I have a battery for camping trips.
Jimbo
'13 True Blue JK

Offline Trailabite

• GATR STAFF
  • Need more parts!
    • Trailabite
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2022, 12:06:52 PM »
Soooo, it's been a year and 3 months from the start of this thread. I'm still working out with a trainer 3 days a week. I changed my diet and almost quit drinking alcohol and I have lost right around 36 pounds but have been at a stand still for about 6 to 8 weeks now. I have also put on 1 pound of muscle over all. Did a blood test last week, good cholesterol is higher than the bad but, per the doctor the ratio is between the two is not good, causing inflammation in my blood, which is an indicator for a heart attack and apparently, I have a fatty liver. So now I'm taking a new cholesterol medication. I might as well just go back to drinking every night and eating two or three steaks and a burger every week.....not really. I also took a food allergy test and although I was not allergic to any foods I do have a high intolerance to beef, chicken, chicken eggs and crab. On the crab I'm like 2 points away from being allergic. I pretty much had already cut back on beef but, I have been eating a ton of chicken and eggs. So now, I'm leaning towards a vegetarian diet to see what happens.
Chuck & Sherry

Offline Danny Kinder

• Danny Kinder
  • ADMINISTRATOR
    • Allsouth Autosports
« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2022, 04:16:39 PM »
Soooo, it's been a year and 3 months from the start of this thread. I'm still working out with a trainer 3 days a week. I changed my diet and almost quit drinking alcohol and I have lost right around 36 pounds but have been at a stand still for about 6 to 8 weeks now. I have also put on 1 pound of muscle over all. Did a blood test last week, good cholesterol is higher than the bad but, per the doctor the ratio is between the two is not good, causing inflammation in my blood, which is an indicator for a heart attack and apparently, I have a fatty liver. So now I'm taking a new cholesterol medication. I might as well just go back to drinking every night and eating two or three steaks and a burger every week.....not really. I also took a food allergy test and although I was not allergic to any foods I do have a high intolerance to beef, chicken, chicken eggs and crab. On the crab I'm like 2 points away from being allergic. I pretty much had already cut back on beef but, I have been eating a ton of chicken and eggs. So now, I'm leaning towards a vegetarian diet to see what happens.

Sounds like you're putting in the work Chuck. Diet can set you back as if you never worked out at all or even worse. Just try going vegan. It's super easy now days. Maybe just substitute two or three meals a week. Every grocery store has vegan food and meat substitutes. Hell even fast food restaurants. A good example that most places offer is Beyond Burgers. They're available everywhere and they have zero cholesterol, zero sugar, and 20 grams of protein per serving. I've been vegan for almost a decade and I'm in the best shape of my life, still 195 lbs at 6,2" 40 y/o and train Muay Thai six days a week. The key is to get rid of the foods that weigh you down and/or make you lethargic. And the ole' saying "move it or lose it" always applies. Just my .02
Danny Kinder
HEISENBERG BUILD

Offline Trailabite

• GATR STAFF
  • Need more parts!
    • Trailabite
« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2022, 05:05:55 PM »

Sounds like you're putting in the work Chuck. Diet can set you back as if you never worked out at all or even worse. Just try going vegan. It's super easy now days. Maybe just substitute two or three meals a week. Every grocery store has vegan food and meat substitutes. Hell even fast food restaurants. A good example that most places offer is Beyond Burgers. They're available everywhere and they have zero cholesterol, zero sugar, and 20 grams of protein per serving. I've been vegan for almost a decade and I'm in the best shape of my life, still 195 lbs at 6,2" 40 y/o and train Muay Thai six days a week. The key is to get rid of the foods that weigh you down and/or make you lethargic. And the ole' saying "move it or lose it" always applies. Just my .02

It's been almost a month that I have pretty much cut out all meat except fish and shrimp. Overall cholesterol dropped from 225 to 153. Triglycerides came down as well but, still needs to come down more.
Chuck & Sherry

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM