BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: AOP pictures October 23rd  (Read 588 times)

Offline tjsahara00

• GATR STAFF
  • Staying on the porch now days!
AOP pictures October 23rd
« on: October 23, 2021, 10:52:11 AM »
Let's see those pictures
Kevin Pool
2016 JKU Sport
2000 TJ Sahara (RIP)

Offline Trailabite

• GATR STAFF
  • Need more parts!
    • Trailabite
Re: AOP pictures October 23rd
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2021, 03:34:50 PM »
Ha! The only pictures I got was off the trailer and back on the trailer. Over heated and blew a water hose apart on the back radiator. It was pretty awesome having steaming water blowing on the back of my head.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Chuck & Sherry

*GET OUT OF KEVIN'S YARD*

Online Cannonballkev

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2021, 04:06:24 PM »
I went up “muffler delete hill”  that’s what I’m calling it, because that’s what happened
Get dirty, or get off the trail!

Offline jesseshoots

• Visitor
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2021, 07:59:20 PM »
Ha! The only pictures I got was off the trailer and back on the trailer. Over heated and blew a water hose apart on the back radiator. It was pretty awesome having steaming water blowing on the back of my head.

OUCH! Time for a rear firewall is what it sounds like.

Online Cannonballkev

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2021, 08:25:40 PM »
I needed this!

Offline tjsahara00

• GATR STAFF
  • Staying on the porch now days!
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2021, 08:30:42 PM »
Oh yeah I forgot about your little camper. How's it working out Kevin?
Kevin Pool
2016 JKU Sport
2000 TJ Sahara (RIP)

Online Cannonballkev

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2021, 09:02:37 PM »
Oh yeah I forgot about your little camper. How's it working out Kevin?

Perfect!  I’ve had several people stop by to check it out, and watch the games ( braves now)

Offline bjeep

• Visitor
  • Do one thing today to make tomorrow better.
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2021, 11:11:45 AM »

We seen you show up, then looked again and you was gone. Figured something must have happened.

I did not take any pictures.   [spectator2]
Marty

Offline patman

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2021, 11:17:37 AM »

Did the hose break or just come off the fitting? Did you get burnt?

Post some pics of your radiator setup. I know you have some weird dual radiator thing going on

Offline Trailabite

• GATR STAFF
  • Need more parts!
    • Trailabite
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2021, 11:59:44 AM »

We seen you show up, then looked again and you was gone. Figured something must have happened.

I did not take any pictures.   [spectator2]

I thought I seen your jeep, I thought to myself that jeep looks familiar, but I didn't put 2 and 2 together lol.
Chuck & Sherry

Offline Trailabite

• GATR STAFF
  • Need more parts!
    • Trailabite
« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2021, 12:13:54 PM »

Post some pics of your radiator setup. I know you have some weird dual radiator thing going on

Didn't get burnt, just real warm lol. It slipped off a fitting. After the blow out the temp dropped back down to just under 200* and stayed there until I got back to the camp ground area and then all of a sudden it dropped to 160* and then shot back up to 230* and then back down 200*. The temp gauge was sitting under 200* and you could here the engine go into limp mode at which time I shut the engine down. The back radiator was warm and had pressure on it. The front radiator was hot on top but where it goes into the engine it was cold to the touch. So it makes me thing the t-stat is sticking closed. Could be another air bubble, IDK. I will (should have) change out the t-stat regardless. I'm still trying to decide on whether or not to keep the dual setup.
Chuck & Sherry

Offline Jeepster1407

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2021, 12:19:32 PM »

Didn't get burnt, just real warm lol. It slipped off a fitting. After the blow out the temp dropped back down to just under 200* and stayed there until I got back to the camp ground area and then all of a sudden it dropped to 160* and then shot back up to 230* and then back down 200*. The temp gauge was sitting under 200* and you could here the engine go into limp mode at which time I shut the engine down. The back radiator was warm and had pressure on it. The front radiator was hot on top but where it goes into the engine it was cold to the touch. So it makes me thing the t-stat is sticking closed. Could be another air bubble, IDK. I will (should have) change out the t-stat regardless. I'm still trying to decide on whether or not to keep the dual setup.

I'd go to a single Rad setup for sure!
Most LCOG Builds are like a fat girl in Yoga Pants, just cause it fits doesn't mean it works...

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM