BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Bear Attacks  (Read 562 times)

Offline Will

• Visitor
Bear Attacks
« on: July 27, 2008, 05:44:47 PM »
I met a really cool couple at River Rock last fall. They have been touring the West in their RV since March or so. They are also towing their nicely built YJ around with them and they have been hitting all the famous and scenic trails. They've sent me some pretty good pictures and I thought I would share this one. Make sure to read the whole thing.

[attachment deleted by admin]
Will and Amber

White JL Rubicon

Offline Will

• Visitor
Re: Bear Attacks
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2008, 05:46:51 PM »
This isn't one of their pictures. So the story about my friends is irrelevant... my bad   :P
Will and Amber

White JL Rubicon

Offline Jimmy

• Visitor
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2008, 06:35:26 PM »
LMAO!
- Jimmy
I'm thinkin' with my dipstick!

Offline Krawler00

• absent
  • C.O.R.E MEMBER
  • Psalm 40:2
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2008, 08:41:00 PM »
Oh, that's good!!!
I've grown tired of this.

Offline yellowxj

• Visitor
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2008, 07:12:43 AM »
Damn funny sign
I hope I get to trail ride this year.

Offline Will

• Visitor
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2008, 04:26:17 PM »
Ok, so those folks I was telling ya'll about, here they are going up Hell's gate a few days ago.

His YJ, I believe, is a '95 with ARB air locs, 33" BFG ATs, and a sweet on-board-air system. He walks all around me at River Rock. Very nice and well-built rig.

[attachment deleted by admin]
Will and Amber

White JL Rubicon

Offline Krawler00

• absent
  • C.O.R.E MEMBER
  • Psalm 40:2
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2008, 04:30:56 PM »
Awesome! Man I want to head out west!
I've grown tired of this.

Offline DOUG

• Visitor
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2008, 04:59:14 PM »

I now have a hotel reservation in Moab for Easter Jeep Safari week 09'.  I am planning on going, and having my Jeep there, somehow, some way.  Moma says it's OK, even though it's spring break for the kids!  I know a guy with a 3 Jeep trailer and a diesel truck that I might be able to talk into going/driving. 

Offline Will

• Visitor
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2008, 05:35:45 PM »

I now have a hotel reservation in Moab for Easter Jeep Safari week 09'.  I am planning on going, and having my Jeep there, somehow, some way.  Moma says it's OK, even though it's spring break for the kids!  I know a guy with a 3 Jeep trailer and a diesel truck that I might be able to talk into going/driving. 

Let me know how much the gas split will be. I MAY be interested. I mean I'm definitely interested, but I don't know if I can swing that big chunk. I may fly out there and ride with you  ;D
Will and Amber

White JL Rubicon

BigJerm

« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2008, 05:54:55 PM »
awesome Doug. I am in the begining stages of planning a trip in Summer of 2010 for a cross country trip to ride the Rubicon. THis is assuming I get the Jeep where I want it, save the money, and if the Rubicon doesnt get closed for something like erosion  :bs)

Offline DOUG

• Visitor
« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2008, 07:18:59 PM »
awesome Doug. I am in the begining stages of planning a trip in Summer of 2010 for a cross country trip to ride the Rubicon. THis is assuming I get the Jeep where I want it, save the money, and if the Rubicon doesnt get closed for something like erosion  :bs)

Awesome plan.  I'm pretty sure that your Rubi will pull my trailer and Jeep. ;D

BigJerm

« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2008, 09:19:28 PM »
Right right Doug  ::) ... the current rough plan is drive out there that would take all of 3 days probably to do with Megan, me and the dog. Toss in an extra day or so to go up to Yellow Stone National Park to see my friend who works out there. Along the way we will camp and stay at hotels that are dog friendly. Then we will stay in Georgetown a day to relax, grocery, ect. Head out the next day on the trail for 3-4 days of a trip with whoever joins me on the trip or in CA. Then head on home.

Other plan is to board the dog at the vets, drive out there with the yellow stone detour, wheel, megan flys back, I spend another day or so on local trails/sights and then drive back.

Either way, got about 2 years to plan it!

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM