MEMBERS DISCUSSION AREA > General Discussion

Be proactive with your health..

<< < (2/5) > >>

tjsahara00:
My PSA always ran a little high...from the high 4's up to in the 7's. Usually stayed in the 5's. My family doctor and my urologist always kept an eye on it.I had a biopsy close to 10 years ago and it was fine. That urologist retired and I started seeing a new one.

We had been watching it and toward the end of 2021 he said I may want to think about having another biopsy done in the future. I said let's go ahead and schedule it. Well it all happened pretty quick after that.

He took a total of 18 samples and the results was what I mentioned...3+3 6 gleason score. After knowing several acquaintance who had it, 1 did the radiation and 1 had it removed. The one that did the radiation always had problems.

I had the robotic radical prostatectomy procedure. It took 3 hours and I have about 20 staples in 5 holes across my belly. I have to wear a catheter for a week.

tjsahara00:
I am the first in my family that I know of that had prostate cancer.

jd30005:
I’m glad you are on the road to recovery Kevin. 

My Dad had prostate cancer and went through a similar procedure 15 years ago.  Cancer free ever since.  I keep a close eye on my psa due to family history. 

TravisMac:
Glad to hear you caught it early Kevin and hoping for a speedy recovery for you.

I got my PSA levels checked this year for the first time after my dad was diagnosed last year with prostate cancer. His level was 1,300 and it was the first time he’d ever had that test. He’s about 5 months past how long they gave him but they said if he would have caught it earlier (before a trip to the ER) there would be treatment options.

flashover101:
Thanks for sharing. Praying for continued excellent health.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version