BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Dog attack  (Read 158 times)

Offline 8lugLJ

• Visitor
  • Dont go away mad, just go away.
Dog attack
« on: February 16, 2023, 09:02:32 AM »
IDK if yall saw this, but its pretty wild. 61yo man got attacked by 3 dogs trying to move a deer stand to a different tree. Story seems a little odd to me but hey, it could've happened like he says. No reason at all anyone goes into any woods familiar or not alone without being armed, much less a knife, bear spray, etc, he didn't have a thing. First account I heard was he beat them off with a stick, but now he is saying he hid in a tree stand for over an hr and waited for them to leave. Thats where it get weird to me, if he really has almost 300 lacerations he would have bled out in an hr, he also says he walked 1/2 mile to the highway instead of getting on the 4wheeler he rode out there to begin with and just riding it. Title is also misleading, they were pets that attacked him, not just wandering mutts noone claimed.

https://gon.com/news/wild-dogs-attack
"The ones that matter dont mind and the ones that mind dont matter" -- Dr Seuss

"He's a man with an LJ. And thats all that really matters." -- JC79

Offline patman

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
Re: Dog attack
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2023, 09:17:41 AM »
"Wild" is a behavioral trait. If someone has a "wild child" then they are acting crazy, not necessarily a feral child roaming the streets and without proper care.

The story is a good lesson for the dangers of familiarity. Dude has probable been there a 100 times and thought nothing ever happens, today won't be any different. Same thing happens in the wheeling world too: I made this trail or obstacle a dozen times before, no need to buckle up or think about the line

Offline Big Dave

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
Re: Dog attack
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2023, 02:19:22 PM »
I agree anytime I go out of my yard & onto the woods I carry at least a pistol & extra mag.
Not that I’m scared of the dark but what potentially is living/ trespassing out there.

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM