BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Economic times and discounts...  (Read 377 times)

Offline Krawler00

• absent
  • C.O.R.E MEMBER
  • Psalm 40:2
Economic times and discounts...
« on: August 05, 2008, 04:49:11 PM »
Hey all, was just on pirate and saw a post from Danny at crawfords. He is offering a 25% discount on all lodgings thru september due to having NO business. Here is his post...

Hello Everyone,
Just wanted to let you all know that we are feeling the hard times of the economy and high cost of fuel as well. We would like to initiate a little economic stimulas package of our own as well as get you here to see Tellico OHV. Something we all need to keep in mind is that Tellico OHV is important to us all and we need to bring it back to it's full glory. The fight is going to be long and drawn out and it will be easy to pass into a memory of great times. We have to keep the interest up and stay positive. These groups that want to shut down your access to public lands have all the time in the world, simply because they don't have a desire to use the place. I have spoken to the Forest Service on many occasions and they state that attendance is down out here, believe me, I am very well aware. They also like to throw out that they believe that it is because of the cost of fuel and the general state of the economy. They are counting on all of you to just let it slip away.
We want you to come back and get motivated. This is still a great place to wheel. There are still high challenge trails open. If you think the park is no fun the way your rig is set up, change the tires to something smaller to make it more challenging for you. I think it would be pretty neat to see a bunch of built rigs with street tires tackle the park if you think you can. Ride your ATVs of motorcycles. Come and enjoy the atmosphere of hanging around with your buddies after a day at the park!
We are offering 25% all camping and cabin rates for August and Sept. So folks lets get the party started!

Figured I would post for those looking for places to stay while up at tellico. I talked to Chuck saturday at tellico cabins and he is also hurting. No bookings in awhile and is down. Sad for these guys who live off the trail systems. Anyway, figured I would pass on the info.
I've grown tired of this.

BigJerm

Re: Economic times and discounts...
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2008, 05:05:30 PM »
this is the bad part that no one really paid attention to with these closures. They are just the first companies to show the hurt because their business is 90% ORV folks. Other companies will start to hurt but it will take longer to show.

Offline Jimmy

• Visitor
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2008, 06:16:57 PM »
A class action suit by the business owners against the authorities looking to shut down Tellico might wake them up a little....
- Jimmy
I'm thinkin' with my dipstick!

Offline Krawler00

• absent
  • C.O.R.E MEMBER
  • Psalm 40:2
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2008, 08:32:54 PM »
Yeah, trout boys don't care about the little guys. That's obvious!
I've grown tired of this.

Offline Ben H.

• Visitor
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2008, 11:54:10 AM »
Yeah, trout boys don't care about the little guys. That's obvious!

I don't think that is case. Trout fishermen almost never come into North Carolina where all the ORV-supported businesses are. So, with Tellico being shut down, the TN businesses aren't really being affected as much but the NC based ones are.
1993 Jeep Grand Wagoneer ZJ V8

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM