BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Looking for JL Steel Rubicon Bumper  (Read 309 times)

Offline Ndomokos

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
Looking for JL Steel Rubicon Bumper
« on: February 19, 2023, 08:30:24 PM »
Hey everybody - I figured I’d put a post here because I’m not getting lucky on FB marketplace.

I am looking for rubicon steel bumpers. Mainly looking for a front bumper/skid plate but if someone is also looking to part with a rear I’d buy it as well.

If you guys know anyone or have an old one you’d like to part ways with just let me know!
'21 JLU

Offline Will

• Visitor
Re: Looking for JL Steel Rubicon Bumper
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2023, 10:57:41 AM »
Have you tried the member market place on JL Wrangler Forums? Lots of used parts come through there. Also, I’ve seen people buying knock offs from eBay and are happy with them.

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/forums/member-marketplace.50/
Will and Amber

White JL Rubicon

Offline Mortalis5509

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2023, 09:06:15 PM »
For probably cheaper, you can get a motobilt bumper. I have the stubby on the front and their rear bumper on my JL.
Go DAWGS

Skinny Pedal Racing

Offline classified

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2023, 09:57:23 PM »
For probably cheaper, you can get a motobilt bumper. I have the stubby on the front and their rear bumper on my JL.

Thats what I was thinking. Wouldnt you be better with something aftermarket so you can get a winch or tire carrier that will handle your tires after the lift
Brian Gibson
94 YJ

Offline Trailabite

• GATR STAFF
  • Need more parts!
    • Trailabite
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2023, 08:01:45 AM »

Thats what I was thinking. Wouldnt you be better with something aftermarket so you can get a winch or tire carrier that will handle your tires after the lift

I don't know if all Rubicon factory bumpers are the same or not but, the bumpers from the Rubicon Hard Rock edition are steel and has provisions for a winch and tire carrier.
Chuck & Sherry

*GET OUT OF KEVIN'S YARD*

Offline Will

• Visitor
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2023, 07:35:25 AM »
The steel bumper group from the factory is an upgrade over all the other JL bumper options. The front is fine for crawling and accepts a winch but you still need a winch plate. I picked up mine on sale at Artec for less than $200.
The rear is not the best for rock crawling as most after market bumpers are thicker gauge. Still, I only ever plan to replace mine if it gets busted up and so far it’s held up fine after some moderate hits.

I wouldn’t put a bumper mounted tire carrier on a JL. The magnesium tailgates and big aluminum hinge assemblies seem to hold up just fine up to 35s. I’ve heard of one, maybe two tailgate issues since the JL came out in 18.
I did buy the Rugged Ridge tailgate reinforcement which replaces the hinges. It’s got 35k miles and a decent amount of wheeling with a 37 on it and it’s been great.
Will and Amber

White JL Rubicon

Offline Will

• Visitor
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2023, 07:36:34 AM »

I would go this route if starting with sport bumpers.
Will and Amber

White JL Rubicon

Offline Ndomokos

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2023, 09:56:31 PM »
Have you tried the member market place on JL Wrangler Forums? Lots of used parts come through there. Also, I’ve seen people buying knock offs from eBay and are happy with them.

I haven’t had much luck finding one on the forums yet. But I’m going to keep trying haha.

I’m not looking to replace the rear yet until it gets pulled off (unless the price is too good to pass up).

For the front I just really like the look of the steel bumper with the end caps off plus the winch is recessed which is a plus.

Those motobilt bumpers look really nice. Do you know if the factory fog lights fit the cutout? Their site says they’re designed for Baja design lights but I am going to assume factory lights would still fit.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2023, 09:59:29 PM by Ndomokos »
'21 JLU

Offline Mortalis5509

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2023, 04:20:23 PM »

I haven’t had much luck finding one on the forums yet. But I’m going to keep trying haha.

I’m not looking to replace the rear yet until it gets pulled off (unless the price is too good to pass up).

For the front I just really like the look of the steel bumper with the end caps off plus the winch is recessed which is a plus.

Those motobilt bumpers look really nice. Do you know if the factory fog lights fit the cutout? Their site says they’re designed for Baja design lights but I am going to assume factory lights would still fit.

Depending on which bumper you get, you can have the recessed winch, which is what I have. If you wanted to keep the factory fog lights, would probably need to make something to hold them in. BD makes an adapter that if you run their pods you can use the short wire adapter and the factory fog light button still works.
Go DAWGS

Skinny Pedal Racing

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM