BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: LABOR DAY WEEKEND AOP PICS, CARNAGE, STORIES, LIES…  (Read 1198 times)

Offline Grass Janitor

• GATR STAFF
LABOR DAY WEEKEND AOP PICS, CARNAGE, STORIES, LIES…
« on: September 01, 2023, 07:11:56 PM »
Let’s see what you got into at AOP!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: December 31, 2023, 01:38:54 PM by Grass Janitor »
Sam- Silver 2012 JKUR on 37s

Online Big Dave

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
Re: LABOR DAY WEEKEND AOP PICS, CARNAGE, STORIES, LIES…
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2023, 09:40:53 PM »
No pics to say my junk is dead due to an electrical issue.
Sucks

Online patman

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2023, 12:34:11 AM »
Only pic I have so far. John, Clark and I started off on George Winters and hit most of the trails in that area, then headed back to camp for dinner. After dinner, me Clark and Bryan headed toward 47 for a short night ride but didn't finish the trail.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Offline jd30005

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2023, 07:48:02 AM »
Only pics I got so far.

John
Tube chassis/buggy

Online Cannonballkev

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2023, 08:24:53 AM »
Here you go dave, your junk is dead!  It was interesting pull dave down the trail backwards to camp, more so for him than me
« Last Edit: September 03, 2023, 10:47:52 PM by Cannonballkev »
Get dirty, or get off the trail!

Online Cannonballkev

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2023, 02:22:13 PM »
Great trip!  Didn’t wheel at all on Friday, well Dave and I went about 200 yards up trail 1 before Money Grabber, I mean Honey Badger died and wouldn’t start back up.  Was replacing the CPS on Saturday morning, and dave dropped not only one of the bolts, in the bell housing but also the magnet  he was using to try and fish it out ended up in the bell housing, so dave rode shotgun with me, TJ led us around the park and hit several blues. Close to 4 hours of solid wheeling.  Good day, didn’t break anything and drove 3 hours home with no new noises.
No wheeling pics, to busy driving.
Get dirty, or get off the trail!

Online patman

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2023, 08:24:40 PM »
Photo dump 1

Pics from Saturday.

Ronnie, Bryan and I headed to to the right side and started with Granny Templeton. Unfortunately about half way up Bryan lost steering and we decided it would be easier to turn him around than to try to finish the trail.

After getting him off (giggity) Ronnie and I finished Granny, and headed up Uncle Steve. We circled back around and I took the opportunity to attempt Little Caesars. After what felt like 25 minutes I got tires up the front ledge but couldn't get the rear out of a massive undercut, so I winches the rest of it. Ronnie ran Headshot and met me at ledge #2 where we got up it, but ledge 3 proved to be a little too slick to hold the line I wanted so I threw in the towel and we headed back out access trail and went to Soup Sandwich.

Cruising around I noticed my shifters moving quite a bit and determined my transfer case bolts were loose. Quick fix, then down trail 47 to camp to resupply and head over to the rest of the group at George Winters

Online patman

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2023, 08:42:55 PM »
Photo dump 2

Ronnie suggested a "speed lap" of trail 41 prior to the GWT rendezvous, which was an excellent idea. Ran into a TMac/Clark centipede (v2.0) coming down the trail, so I had a Fudge Round break while we tried to troubleshoot fancy brakes. After failing to fix, we continued to the creek trail below GWT and regrouped with Wes, Jay, Zach and Clark. We ran the first creek ledge before heading back down, but made a quick stop on trail 96 just below area 51 to hit the ledge/obstacle at the end.

Dinner was awesome, then Ronnie and I went out for a quick night ride to beat our previous trail 41 speed record. We ran into 2 guys who don't know the place so they joined us for trail 41, where we decided on one more trail and showed those guys GWT. Since we were already there, we ran 56 again and then back to camp to chill. I think we were off the mountain by 11.

Solid day, and I think only damage was Ronnie breaking his winch line at the hook on Granny Templeton and also having the steering reservoir clamp fall off, but that was fixed with a quick zip tie. Might have done more trails, but I can't remember

« Last Edit: September 03, 2023, 08:45:16 PM by patman »

Offline tcdawg

• Anthony Smooth
  • GATR STAFF
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2023, 10:44:29 PM »
Pat
1.  Killer pics
2. Epic recap of events
3.  I’m jealous of your intake temps
4.  Why was Clarky on the strap?

Offline classified

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2023, 10:45:19 PM »
Great weekend with some great people.
First thanks to John and Jay for feeding us. Its like they got together and did an Italian theme. And it was all so good.
Next thanks for all the patience and help with my steering. Blowing the cap on my Mickey Mouse reservoir, the filter came loose, and the feed line got punctured. Needless to say I think I know the short comings, and it will be right the next time I show up.
With all that, besides the steering, the jeep works(especially once I found low gear). I got a list of changes I want to make a mile long, but it works.
You were right @patman , I do like the picture. But my name is Brian.
Brian Gibson
94 YJ

Online patman

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2023, 10:52:15 PM »
Pat
1.  Killer pics
2. Epic recap of events
3.  I’m jealous of your intake temps
4.  Why was Clarky on the strap?

Clark was acting as Travis' brakes. Something to do with the hydroboost not getting bled, it was over my pay grade.

You reminded me that I need to "fix" a radiator fan. This weather was so perfect that may radiator fans rarely turned on, so the cab was getting heat soaked. When the fans are on its nice and cool, but when off the heat just sits there and gets my seat warm. I'm going to put one of them on a switch and leave it running for milder days like we had this weekend

Online patman

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2023, 10:55:27 PM »
my name is Brian.

4 out of 5 is 80%. That's pretty good in my book

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM