BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: High Five/You Suck buttons  (Read 365 times)

Offline patman

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
High Five/You Suck buttons
« on: December 11, 2023, 10:12:35 AM »
Since they're back, I thought I'd share a funny story as to why everyone has a lot of "You Suck" votes.

A long time ago, a now-inactive member with a ton of stickers on their jeep got bored at their computer nerd IT job and wrote a program that would go through the Morning Coffee thread and randomly click the You Suck buttons at a predetermined time interval. So like every 30 minutes or every hour, You Suck was clicked randomly for one thread participant. The more you posted in that thread, the more likely you received a Suck vote.

Some members got pissy and started deleting their posts thinking the votes would go away, but the votes stay even if you deleted the offending post.

The other option for receiving votes, is that someone legitimately didnt like your post  [tool]

Offline Danny Kinder

• Danny Kinder
  • ADMINISTRATOR
    • Allsouth Autosports
Re: High Five/You Suck buttons
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2023, 02:55:19 PM »

lmao I had no clue about this!! I just saw the button to turn them back on and thought, why not lol That's hilarious. People were getting fired up back in the day.
Danny Kinder
HEISENBERG BUILD

Offline patman

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2023, 07:31:09 PM »

lmao I had no clue about this!! I just saw the button to turn them back on and thought, why not lol That's hilarious. People were getting fired up back in the day.

We were sitting at the top of Gauntlet (Morris mtn) a few years ago waiting on someone and he just decided to tell me. Might have been the first time I ever talked to him lol

Offline clark123456

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2023, 09:22:00 PM »
I used to click the 'you suck' button on some people when they were in a heated discussion with someone else so they would think the other person did it...and it worked.  Good times!
Clark
1998 TJ Sahara

Offline patman

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2023, 09:45:55 PM »
I used to click the 'you suck' button on some people when they were in a heated discussion with someone else so they would think the other person did it...and it worked.  Good times!

[tvlaugh]

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM