BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Hi Lift question  (Read 507 times)

Offline nwcj5

• Visitor
Hi Lift question
« on: August 19, 2008, 04:59:19 PM »
I was fooling around with my Hi lift to make sure it still works, and I can't get it back down, I flipped the switch to the normal position and its not coming down...what am I doing wrong?

BigJerm

Re: Hi Lift question
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2008, 05:05:36 PM »
Put weight on it and see if it works. Usually mine will drop right back down with no weight on it though. Also make sure its all clean and greased

Offline nwcj5

• Visitor
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2008, 05:18:46 PM »
Also make sure its all clean and greased

that it is not...I was gonna clean and grease it up next..thanks for the replied, the only reason I thought it might not be that is because it went up with no problem

Offline DILYSI Dave

• Visitor
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2008, 05:20:24 PM »
Once you flip the switch to down, it still has a half stroke of up before it will start lowering.

Offline Alex

• Visitor
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2008, 07:10:03 PM »
IF it hasnt been used in a long time spray some wd40 on it and shake it a little and it will come down.

Offline yellowxj

• Visitor
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2008, 06:55:17 AM »
usually I have to tap mine with a rock/ratchet/hammer to assist in the down ward action...I dont know what the piece on the side is called..a flat surface on the mechanism that rises and falls as you jack it up or down...on the down sometimes it needs assistance.
I hope I get to trail ride this year.

Offline nwcj5

• Visitor
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2008, 09:09:53 PM »
It still isn't working right, but I'll try some wd 40 and the tapping trick, I really don't understand why they can't, in the best interest of the consumer, just make that base piece standard with the jack, its such a dangerous tool, on slip up and  :o....anyone know if they have the base part at tractor supply or anything?

ranger11

« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2008, 10:29:22 PM »
I know northern tool has the bas not sure about tractor supply. cut a 2x8 and carry it with you not the same as the base but will work better than nothing.

Offline DOUG

• Visitor
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2008, 10:34:06 PM »
It still isn't working right, but I'll try some wd 40 and the tapping trick, I really don't understand why they can't, in the best interest of the consumer, just make that base piece standard with the jack, its such a dangerous tool, on slip up and  :o....anyone know if they have the base part at tractor supply or anything?

Sorry to hear you're having so much trouble with your jack.  They will stiffen up, but it sounds like you have it well lubricated now.  With the selector arm in the down position, are you taking the handle all the way up until it hits the frame?  Then it "should" jack down and become loose and slide.  It that doesn't work, check for a bent spring or broken part, although it is very rare.

Offline yellowxj

• Visitor
« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2008, 01:27:57 PM »
repair kits are cheap. I have some at the shop. Mine have taken lots of abuse but always worked with a little wack. Sometimes all night. Becareful of your fingers and toes...some times you tap it to go down and with no weight on it it'll slide all the way down...
I hope I get to trail ride this year.

Offline Krawler00

• absent
  • C.O.R.E MEMBER
  • Psalm 40:2
« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2008, 08:30:40 PM »
Just be careful! I had mine fall down from about 2 foot off the ground while jacking down. Oh, and ask Chris about his incident. ;)
I've grown tired of this.

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM