BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Anybody here have a humidor?  (Read 481 times)

Offline Jimmy

• Visitor
Anybody here have a humidor?
« on: August 21, 2008, 08:57:43 PM »
I just noticed that the humidity in my humidor has shot up to almost 80. Its a small 30-40 cigar one, but right now only have 8 or so cigars in there. I changed the fluid in the humidifier just a few weeks ago and it was fine then. I'm going to stop at the cigar shop tomorrow and buy some more fluid and see if that'll help. Also, I've heard this before, but my local tobbaconist debunked it as myth, that a humidor that isn't very full will make it hard to regulate humidity. I like my cigars moist, but this is way to high, I noticed one of my cigars was starting to wrinkle on the end  >:(
- Jimmy
I'm thinkin' with my dipstick!

Chris Hyde

Re: Anybody here have a humidor?
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2008, 09:00:53 PM »
Use a 50/50 mixture of propylene glycol (buy it from a feed supply store) and distilled water.  PG actually absorbs the extra humidity in the humi.  I never buy the solution.  Also, you can put a few paper towels in to soak up some of the humidity.  Mine usually stay around 55% year round and my humi is cedar.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2008, 09:03:00 PM by Chris »

Offline Jimmy

• Visitor
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2008, 09:03:03 PM »
Use a mixture of propylene glycol and distilled water.  PG actually absorbs the extra humidity in the humi.  I never buy the solution.  Also, you can put a few paper towels in to soak up some of the humidity.  Mine usually stay around 55% year round and my humi is cedar.

I'd like it to stay 70+/-2% like its been in the past. I'll have to try a piece of paper towel.
- Jimmy

Chris Hyde

« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2008, 09:04:02 PM »
What cigars do you typically smoke and where do you buy?  I smoke Cusano C2's from Cigar.com. They are overnighted and are 55%-65%HUM when I get them. :)
« Last Edit: August 21, 2008, 09:06:44 PM by Chris »

Offline Jimmy

• Visitor
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2008, 09:18:47 PM »
I'll try just about anything as long as it seems like a good smoke that'll go with a bourbon on the rocks. I usually smoke CAOs, Padrons, Monte Cristos, Rocky Patel, etc. I usually keep a bunch of Punch cigars as an "every day smoke" but I need to get some more of them - they are a decent cigar for only $4-5 and I don't mind giving them to friends like I would a $12-15 cigar.

I've always been weary bought cigars online, so I've always bought local. However, Macanudo is selling there new line of premium cigars online for 9.95 shipped for three, so I bought some to see what buying online is all about. I'll have to check out cigars.com

EDIT: Right now I am smoking one of these in a torpedo: http://www.torano.com/cigar_detail.asp?CatID=15 with a glass of Evan Williams.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2008, 09:21:59 PM by Jimmy »
- Jimmy

Chris Hyde

« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2008, 09:24:40 PM »
I love Macanudo!

Offline lt99ls1

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2008, 09:29:49 AM »
I will pass on the cigars but can talk all day long about whiskeys. {toast}
Larry

05 LJ
20 BabyMax

mdo817

« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2008, 05:36:48 AM »
Old thread but I to like Macanudo's (Hampton Court) a little over a $100 a box shipped to the door. Heading to Mexico Saturday and I will burn a few real H Upmans with Rum overlooking the Carribian Sea. Don't be to weary about mail order, I got tired of paying $10 for a $5 cigar. I'm cheap.

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM