BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: River Rock pictures from today  (Read 1242 times)

Offline Jimmy

• Visitor
River Rock pictures from today
« on: August 30, 2008, 08:46:13 PM »
Here are some from Will and me from today's open ride.

Nothing like a good roll to start off your day (this was in Tiger Trap):

This NASTY JK that that was there (Mike, time to step up your game....):

Will and me getting a little off camber:

And just in case anyone was wondering, this is what a stock tie rod looks like after being subjected to 35's:
- Jimmy
I'm thinkin' with my dipstick!

Offline Jimmy

• Visitor
Re: River Rock pictures from today
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2008, 08:47:45 PM »
Sorry, the pictures are big and I am lazy.
- Jimmy

Chris Hyde

« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2008, 08:54:53 PM »
Sweet!  Whats the scoop on your tie rod?

Offline Jimmy

• Visitor
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2008, 09:14:00 PM »

Not sure, got off an obstacle and noticed it was pretzeled. Will and I have been bullshitting about making twin one-ton steering set ups for our Jeeps, so this will just make me do it sooner. I'm just glad I had a spare  ;D
- Jimmy

Offline Krawler00

• absent
  • C.O.R.E MEMBER
  • Psalm 40:2
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2008, 09:24:21 PM »

It's broken. ;) Man that JK is smokin hot!
I've grown tired of this.

Offline Alex

• Visitor
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2008, 11:23:09 PM »
I almost came down for this ride.  Some guys from Clemson offroad came down for the weekend.  Did you happen to see a red tj on 36's?  And a zj with a bunch of stuff? 

Offline lt99ls1

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2008, 12:35:18 AM »
I hate you guys,
I hate you guys,
I hate you guys,
More pics please! ;D
Larry

05 LJ
20 BabyMax

Offline Will

• Visitor
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2008, 01:14:04 AM »
SOOO much fun, can't wait for September. VERY short notice or we would have invited everyone. Steve pretty much called me and told me to come out there on Saturday morning.

The September ride is gonna be AWESOME!!! The trails looked great and are so much fun! Jimmy and I pretty much rode all day and didn't hit it all. VERY proud of our mechanic skills. We changed his stabilizer bushing and tie rod in about 30 minutes.
I had the greatest pucker-factor of my wheeling career! I think we both thought I was gonna go over! Thankfully the front driver came back to Earth and I ended up climbing over it... with enough gas of course...  ;)  We both walked up the big ledge on trail 7. Great time!!! The best looking ( and most expensive) rigs I have ever seen. River Rock is THE private park to wheel! The management is on the trails with you and will give you the shirt off his back. Steve will do anything to get you running again if you break, and make sure you have a fun weekend when you are on his land. 

CAN NOT WAIT FOR SEPTEMBER!!!!  :o :o :o      {toast}   
Will and Amber

White JL Rubicon

Offline ADAM

• Visitor
  • I have lost my MIND!!!
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2008, 01:20:29 AM »
This is really making me mad because my boss just told me there was no way in heck that I will beable to get off on the weekend of the 27th Stupid Duluth Fall Festival. >:(
Don't know what I got anymore...

Offline Will

• Visitor
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2008, 01:29:40 AM »
I almost came down for this ride.  Some guys from Clemson offroad came down for the weekend.  Did you happen to see a red tj on 36's?  And a zj with a bunch of stuff? 

I remember one ZJ. Red (not sure where he was from) but I remember him cause he broke an 8.8 shaft on 35s.....   

:o  Never heard of that before, and that's what everybody else said. He welded the spider gears so that MAY have something to do with it. He only had driver on the ground when it broke (thats the side that broke too). Tie-rods were the kryptonite of the weekend. We saw 3 break on Saturday, not counting Jimmy's bent one. Huge rigs with some stupid dumb tubing. The wall of the tie-rod on one didn't look more than 1/8.... are you kidding me? You're running 40s.....  {;-(}  Where's the solid 2"......?   ???

Great weekend. September is gonna be awesome. Doug, Steve said he's coming to the lake if he gets a free steak and a ride back to his house!   :D 

What Adam? Duluth fall Festival? This weekend is gonna be so much fun. If you need me to call your boss and cuss him out  :D then ler me know. You gotta make it down.   {toast}
Will and Amber

White JL Rubicon

Offline ADAM

• Visitor
  • I have lost my MIND!!!
« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2008, 01:42:44 AM »
I cant I have to be the Mgr that stays in the store. I even tried for just Sat and I got a heck NO!
Don't know what I got anymore...

Offline Will

• Visitor
« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2008, 01:52:49 AM »
I cant I have to be the Mgr that stays in the store. I even tried for just Sat and I got a heck NO!

What if we get a hot chick to just stand in the store for you while you're gone? If he says no then you're boss is gay....

8==D   

How does that sound..... ? I mean if you say no then she comes to River Rock and spots for us. And by the way (since we're on the subject) the HOTTEST spotter in the history of rock crawling was at River Rock this weekend. I know.... no pics, but Jimmy can back me up. HOLY ****!!!!  :o
Will and Amber

White JL Rubicon

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM