BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: How is school for those in it?  (Read 1325 times)

BigJerm

How is school for those in it?
« on: September 06, 2008, 09:30:20 AM »
Well after taking the summer off I am back in it. 2 classes for me this semester, computer science and political systems. I like POLS because I like the whole government thing, history of, ect but the computer science class, not so much. What I thought was going to be a "how to" on word, excel and other programs is more like how computers work, how models are formed, how you make algorithms, C++ and Java... A little harder than I thought!

Offline Jimmy

• Visitor
Re: How is school for those in it?
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2008, 09:39:36 AM »
Hard.   :(
- Jimmy
I'm thinkin' with my dipstick!

Offline Alex

• Visitor
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2008, 09:43:36 AM »
All i can say it that CE at Clemson SUX.  I am only taking 3 classes this semester becuase i failed three last semester.  I am having to make them all up again >:(

Offline Xterra

• Visitor
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2008, 10:18:38 AM »
am i the youngest one here still in HS? man... i gotta start my college apps soon on top of my classes.
2006 Nissan Xterra

1992 Jeep YJ

tgrt

« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2008, 12:38:35 PM »
...What I thought was going to be a "how to" on word, excel and other programs is more like how computers work, how models are formed, how you make algorithms, C++ and Java... A little harder than I thought!

That's a night and day difference if there ever was one.  How'd you make that error?  Computer science is typically programming to some degree and is heavy on theory and mathematics.  It sounds like you need to direct your attention to business classes that handle how do I create a formula cell in Excel.

Offline Ben H.

• Visitor
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2008, 12:49:42 PM »
This semester is so boring for me. I have no motivation to do any class work.
1993 Jeep Grand Wagoneer ZJ V8

BigJerm

« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2008, 02:41:06 PM »
That's a night and day difference if there ever was one.  How'd you make that error?  Computer science is typically programming to some degree and is heavy on theory and mathematics.  It sounds like you need to direct your attention to business classes that handle how do I create a formula cell in Excel.

Haha not sure how I managed it but I have to take the class, just wasnt what I expected. Cant lie, I kinda like it though, makes me really think and is a challenge for me so I like it. Really taking a word/excel how to class would have been a waste of my money so glad I didnt take (I pay for my school so i would waste my money). Home Depot does a lot of classes and I have been to 2 of the 3 excel classes they offer and the same with Word classes.

Offline georgiatj

• Visitor
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2008, 10:08:47 AM »
Classes are already kicking my ass  :-\
Go dawgs!

Offline j33plover

• Visitor
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2008, 02:56:50 PM »
my senior year in HS i aint doing Sh!t

Offline Jimmy

• Visitor
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2008, 03:20:37 PM »
my senior year in HS i aint doing Sh!t

Haha, I miss those days. Took 2 real classes, filled up the rest of my schedule with art classes that I skipped most of the time, worked as much as I could when I wasn't in class and felt like I had more money than I knew what to do with. Everything is completely opposite now.

BTW, did you get my PM j33plover?
- Jimmy
I'm thinkin' with my dipstick!

Offline nwcj5

• Visitor
« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2008, 05:12:28 PM »
junior in HS, so I'm probably youngest..

Offline j33plover

• Visitor
« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2008, 10:40:55 PM »
i did i bought some other tires... sorry forgot to tell you.. 35" pro comp X terrains ... urs didnt have much tread left anyway from what i saw at least.. sorry for not telling you yet again.. any other things for jeeps u think i might need holler!  ;D ;D ;D

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM