BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Am I Crazy?  (Read 636 times)

BigJerm

Am I Crazy?
« on: September 09, 2008, 11:51:31 PM »
OK so we are getting pipes replaced in our apartment complex. I get a notice on my door along with everyone else in the building talking about how the next 2 weeks they will be in and out doing work, the water will be turned off around 8 a.m. some morning so shower and do whatever before then. It also tells you to clear everything off of/under your cabinet where the sinks are.

OK that all makes sense, gotcha. THe next two things kinda get me a little here:

-The water will have an unusual taste for the next few days to week after the repairs are done. Please do not complain about it, if you don't like it, buy bottled water.

-Delta Mechanical Inc and the Property Management of the Colonade at Spring Hill cannot and will not be responsible for missing or damaged personal property, injured or frightened children, or lost or missing pets.

OK so wait, you are working on my sink, I leave the soap holder next to it and you break it, my bad. I come home, my laptop, wii, and Ipod are gone... thats my bad too? As if these items would be any safer tucked in my Jeep right? So instead of a company being able to step and say we hire the best, background them and insure your satisfaction, I get a "we will be in your apartment in and out the next 2 weeks during the day when no one is home and we know it, if your crap is gone when you get home, not our fault and if you fail to comply we can end your lease."

Maybe I am crazy and super paranoid....

Offline Xterra

• Visitor
Re: Am I Crazy?
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2008, 12:14:40 AM »
1st one is pretty rude but straight to the point

the 2nd one, i think is pretty sketch... thats like they are planning to take something from some people.

2006 Nissan Xterra

1992 Jeep YJ

Offline Will

• Visitor
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2008, 01:10:46 AM »
Whoa! I'd be yelling at somebody for sure!  "frightened children and missing pets is the best part"  :D  Who the hell is gonna be in your place!?!  :o
Will and Amber

White JL Rubicon

Offline Krawler00

• absent
  • C.O.R.E MEMBER
  • Psalm 40:2
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2008, 02:13:46 PM »
Dude, when did you move to Macongo? WTF! I would sit there with my sawed off waiting!
I've grown tired of this.

Chris Hyde

« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2008, 02:30:56 PM »
Jeremy, that letter would not hold up in court unless it is an official contract between you and the landlord.

BigJerm

« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2008, 03:04:17 PM »
Jeremy, that letter would not hold up in court unless it is an official contract between you and the landlord.

thats what I was thinking. Now I know I cannot tell the apartment complex they cant enter, its in the contract but nowhere does anything say, "if yo crap goes missing during work, tough cookies".

I will still put away my computer, probably put away the Wii Fit and the other stuff will be in my room with the dog. A room with no connection to plumbing work so they have no reason to be in it. And I might now and then go home for lunch during the week just because. We have a resident meeting tomorrow to talk about all this so I think I will go and see what crap they got to say...

tgrt

« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2008, 06:14:13 PM »
thats what I was thinking. Now I know I cannot tell the apartment complex they cant enter, its in the contract but nowhere does anything say, "if yo crap goes missing during work, tough cookies".

I don't know what the laws are here, but when I was living in apartments in Minnesota, Colorado, and Virginia that would not fly.  They need to be more specific and they are responsible.  Hell in Virginia they had to give you written notice when they wanted to come in and you had to agree if you weren't going to be around; otherwise, they'd have to make an appointment with you.  The exception was for emergencies (your pipe bursts for example).  In those cases they had to leave a note that they were there.

Offline Krawler00

• absent
  • C.O.R.E MEMBER
  • Psalm 40:2
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2008, 09:06:18 PM »
The whole thing in general sounds ridiculous!!!
I've grown tired of this.

Offline Jimmy

• Visitor
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2008, 10:51:08 PM »
I'd tell them to stay the hell out. If they can't respect my property, why the hell would I allow them to maintain theirs?

OR

Leave them a note on the door to the leasing office telling them you are having a demolition derby in the parking lot and you aren't responsible for damaged cars or buildings.
- Jimmy
I'm thinkin' with my dipstick!

Offline Xterra

• Visitor
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2008, 11:01:18 PM »
Leave them a note on the door to the leasing office telling them you are having a demolition derby in the parking lot and you aren't responsible for damaged cars or buildings.

haha, thats awsome.

hey jerm, let us know how the meeting goes. maybe was a misunderstanding, i mean, mistype.
2006 Nissan Xterra

1992 Jeep YJ

BigJerm

« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2008, 05:02:29 PM »
did some good ol' contract reading this afternoon. The apartment is almost in the clear, almost . In the contract they state (not true wording, legal crap) they are not responsible for theft and they are allowed entry to make repairs, replacement, ect which is what this is. What it does NOT say is they are able to give entry to a 3rd party to make repairs, replacement, ect. and their clause on responsibilities does not cover 3rd person parties, only apartment maintenance and emergency (911, fire) crews.

Not to mention, I did not sign a contract with Delta Plumbing, nowhere in my apartment contract does it state that anytime they sign a contract with a contractor the right and limitations are transferred to the attendants. So therefore any clause Delta may have will not apply to my personal property.

Cant wait for the meeting tonight  8)

Offline Jimmy

• Visitor
« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2008, 06:52:58 PM »
Just tell them anyone that does not have legal entry into the apartment (you, Megan, and apartment employees - not contractors) but enters anyway is deemed an unlawfaul entry according to the State of Georgia. Therefore, according to the State, you can shoot them. Make sure you mention that you will shoot for center mass in order to keep from accidently putting holes into the walls, lol.
- Jimmy
I'm thinkin' with my dipstick!

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM