BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: How about them gas prices now  (Read 2424 times)

Offline Will

• Visitor
Re: How about them gas prices now
« Reply #24 on: September 24, 2008, 10:20:13 PM »
SO tonight I did what has become the normal loop... I head into vinnings to the first QT (small, like 12 pumps) no gas, keep on to the BP, limited supply and lines on the street both ways. So hang a left on Cobb parkway and take a left again, Exxon on the corner, out of gas. Head on up to the big QT station, out of gas. Keep on going, Bingo Shell has gas... no unleaded though, mid grade at $4.29

So why is it Cobb County is low on gas when other counties are fine?

People hear "low" or "no gas" and they all run to the pumps, killing the supply that would have been fine given normal buying conditions. There's not enough gas for everyone to fill up in a couple of nights.
Will and Amber

White JL Rubicon

RotorHead

« Reply #25 on: September 24, 2008, 10:44:18 PM »
SO tonight I did what has become the normal loop... I head into vinnings to the first QT (small, like 12 pumps) no gas, keep on to the BP, limited supply and lines on the street both ways. So hang a left on Cobb parkway and take a left again, Exxon on the corner, out of gas. Head on up to the big QT station, out of gas. Keep on going, Bingo Shell has gas... no unleaded though, mid grade at $4.29

So why is it Cobb County is low on gas when other counties are fine?

I think part of it is the people running out to fill up, but the big thing is that gas in and around Atlanta has to have special additives to reduce emissions. That's why the small cities still have it, and the metro is running out. I saw on the news that the Governor was temporarily removing the restrictions.

Offline Will

• Visitor
« Reply #26 on: September 24, 2008, 11:04:36 PM »

I think part of it is the people running out to fill up, but the big thing is that gas in and around Atlanta has to have special additives to reduce emissions. That's why the small cities still have it, and the metro is running out. I saw on the news that the Governor was temporarily removing the restrictions.

Cool, never heard that.
Will and Amber

White JL Rubicon

Offline DOUG

• Visitor
« Reply #27 on: September 24, 2008, 11:15:35 PM »

Cool, never heard that.

The Governor had to appeal to the EPA to lift the ban, and they approved.  I was actually surprised that they did.

Offline Krawler00

• absent
  • C.O.R.E MEMBER
  • Psalm 40:2
« Reply #28 on: September 25, 2008, 09:02:10 AM »
I know Winder is all dry! Been riding the bike all week! It was on the news last night too. People are stupid.
I've grown tired of this.

BigJerm

« Reply #29 on: September 25, 2008, 09:22:33 AM »
I know Winder is all dry! Been riding the bike all week! It was on the news last night too. People are stupid.

as cool as it has been in the mornings I am about to back on the crappy back tire and ride to/from work!

BigJerm

« Reply #30 on: September 25, 2008, 10:19:28 PM »
I mean seriously... watching the news its getting sad. Lines at stations, fights breaking out, folks on the side of the road with no gas, AAA running wild to fill up folks. Hell they have even gone so far as to suggesting cancel the UGA vs Bama game due to folks may have no gas to get back from Athens.

Offline Krawler00

• absent
  • C.O.R.E MEMBER
  • Psalm 40:2
« Reply #31 on: September 25, 2008, 11:40:19 PM »
Yeah, people are dumb!
I've grown tired of this.

mdo817

« Reply #32 on: September 26, 2008, 12:03:27 AM »
Finally my Ram with a Cummins comes in handy for something other than towing, there seems to be plenty of Diesel, and the price finally got back closer to reality, not where it should be for crude oil but it is closer.

urdaddyjeep

« Reply #33 on: September 26, 2008, 12:08:01 AM »
its so bad here on post that both gas stations have no gas and they now have limited the mogas for GSA cars... in english that mean ft gordon is screwed... the civi workers here will be walking soon... hahahaha

Mike

mdo817

« Reply #34 on: September 26, 2008, 12:17:50 AM »
That SUCKS. We never had this problem before Katrina, I thinkthis whole thing is as bogus as a Halmark Holiday. Just another way for the oil companies to post more record profits.

Offline Matt

• Visitor
    • Georgia Trail Riders
« Reply #35 on: September 26, 2008, 07:51:59 AM »
That SUCKS. We never had this problem before Katrina, I thinkthis whole thing is as bogus as a Halmark Holiday. Just another way for the oil companies to post more record profits.

x2. They just seen how great it worked last time. Same thing again. Had tons of hurricanes before katrina hit the same area and it had never been a problem when we were paying $0.80 a gallon
Matt, Jessica, Aleigha (4), Gavin (1)

1999 Wrangler TJ
*With modifications

My '99 TJ Build

matt@gatrailriders.com

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM