BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: How about them gas prices now  (Read 2423 times)

ranger11

How about them gas prices now
« on: September 12, 2008, 05:56:27 PM »
This is the highest I have seen them. We have a station in the area wanting 4.99 per gallon. Also there are several stores sold out. I think its all bull and this is why the oil companies are getting rich. If we buy most of our oil from the middle east, why is the price going up because of a hurricane in the Gulf of Mexico?

BigJerm

Re: How about them gas prices now
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2008, 06:57:44 PM »
I know to the pump stations in Doraville the diesel line from TX up here was shut off yesterday evening and the gas line is not at 100% flow. As much as we want to say it is just crap.... well we cause a lot of it. They have already publicly stated if people would not run to the pumps to top off and fill up cans they would have NO issues keeping supplies. Funny how that works, we bitch about the prices but then the rumor of gas increase/shortages and folks are suddenly taking an early lunch to go fill up.

Not to mention, roughly 20% of our oil (someone check me on that figure) comes from our refineries in the Gulf that are now shut down and about to get nailed. Even though the international price of the barrel fell today, our refineries going down, along with public scare, is causing MOST of the gas prices.

Here in Cobb 1 Racetrac said F this and kept their prices at $3.56 a gallon, by 2 p.m. they were sold out of all gas.

ranger11

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2008, 07:10:35 PM »
My point exactly 20% wow thats a lot! Enough to make it go up 1.00 per gallon no.Its everybody buying it up.Why not raise the price. I have not bought gas since Tuesday and will not buy it till next friday. If we run out of gas it will be ok I still have a bike and 2 feet.

BigJerm

« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2008, 07:21:28 PM »
I am with ya! I had to buy gas today because I have to drive to Winder tomorrow to help my brother move (emergency situation). Megan has like less than 1/4 tank and I told her not to buy gas. We live a whole 2.3 miles from both of our work so she will be fine all week and when she has to go to the doctor she can just take my Jeep since she can drive a 6spd.

Offline Krawler00

• absent
  • C.O.R.E MEMBER
  • Psalm 40:2
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2008, 07:24:47 PM »
It's all a load of hooey! Where in Winder? I am gonna be home till roubd 12 with my yard sale. Swing by!
I've grown tired of this.

Offline DOUG

• Visitor
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2008, 07:43:10 PM »
It's all a load of hooey! Where in Winder? I am gonna be home till roubd 12 with my yard sale. Swing by!

Yard sale?  Any good jeep parts?  ;D

Offline Ben H.

• Visitor
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2008, 07:59:40 PM »
We get most of our oil from Canada and Mexico but our refineries are all on or near the Gulf. When those get shut down, gas prices spike even though they are going to go down again as soon as Ike is over. Probably even lower then before because Saudi Arabia just quit OPEC.
1993 Jeep Grand Wagoneer ZJ V8

Offline Krawler00

• absent
  • C.O.R.E MEMBER
  • Psalm 40:2
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2008, 08:35:28 PM »
Gas prices suck. As for Jeep parts... a complete OEM TJ suspension. Anybody? :D
I've grown tired of this.

Offline Will

• Visitor
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2008, 11:24:24 PM »

X2. $5     ;D
Will and Amber

White JL Rubicon

Offline Matt

• Visitor
    • Georgia Trail Riders
« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2008, 12:04:02 PM »

x3

&

x4

$10
Matt, Jessica, Aleigha (4), Gavin (1)

1999 Wrangler TJ
*With modifications

My '99 TJ Build

matt@gatrailriders.com

Offline Jimmy

• Visitor
« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2008, 04:51:39 PM »
Remember, any suspected incidences of price gouging should be reported to the Governor's Office of Consumer Affairs at (404) 651-8600 or (800) 869-1123.

Also, I got kicked out of a Kroger gas station today, lol. They have arrows directing people to enter the gas pumps one way. This sounds like a great idea, but 90% (according to my random sampling of 10 cars) have the filler on the driver's side, so 1/2 the pumps were empty and half had a 5-6 car line. So, while everyone else were being good little sheep, I went the wrong way into an empty pump. Apparently this Kroger has (unarmed - whats the point?) rent-a-cops and one came to yell at me. The convo went something like this:

Fatass: Hey, what are you doing?
Me: I reckon I'm getting some of this overpriced gas.
Fatass: Well, you can't do that, you came in the wrong way.
Me: Oops, sorry.
Fatass: What?
Me: Sorry.
Fatass: SORRY FOR WHAT?
Me: Sorry I pulled in the wrong way.
Fatass: Well, you can't do that, you have to pull out and wait in line.
Me: Thats ok, I already put in my credit card, I'm only getting a few gallons (As I try to reach for the pump and he blocks me with his huge belly).
Fatass:You are going to cause a traffic jam, someone is going to pull in the correct way and you can't get out.
Me: Last time I checked, my reverse works just fine and I can back out.
Fatass: Well, you just can't do it, you have to move kid.
Me: Thats  ridiculous, just let me pump my gas.
Fatass: Sir, please leave, you will cause a scene.
Me: (As I reach to get my credit card out of the machine and leave) MOVE
Fatass: I alreay told you that you won't be pumping gas here.
Me: I'm trying to get my card because, if you can remember 5 seconds ago, you told me to leave.
Fatass: You were trying to reach the pump.
Me: Really, move so I can get my dam card and leave. If you don't move I will call a REAL cop with a REAL  badge and a REAL  gun and press charges against you for stealing my card, now get out of my way.
Fatass: Here, now leave, NOW.
Me: (As I am getting into my car, in a sarcastic tone) Yes sir, sorry sir, I promise I will never question your almightly gas-governing authority again. By the way, whats minimum wage at these days? Is it still like $5.15 or whatever it was at?
Fatass: (Pointing to the street): LEAVE NOW.

He stood there and stared me down just long enough for me to give him the one finger salute as I backed out and left.

Yeah, I didn't have to be such a huge dick about it, but people with fake, self-imposed authority have always really gotten under my skin and I was already pissed about the retards driving up gas prices and he decided to get in my way, so he got to see pissed off Jimmy.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2008, 12:49:35 AM by Adam »
- Jimmy
I'm thinkin' with my dipstick!

ghostdancer308

« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2008, 07:45:07 PM »
Gas is roughly 88 cents a gallon here in Iraq :bs). The lines vary during the week. Somedays they are long and somedays its like a ghost town outside the wire. You just have to be ready for that carbomb to drive up and get you. I had buddies that were there the day Hussein was pulled from that spider hole. We might have should of got out 8 days later. But, we didn't and here we are. I would like to see us just use the assets here(oil), and say thats your FUC*** payment for us freeing you stupid FU*****! But, when Republicans were running shit in Congress, I kind of remember shit not being this way. HMMMMMM. WTF? Just thought I would drop that on you guys during this slow forum day!

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM